The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Not sure if this is the right forum or not, but.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sammy the Kid
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern Illinois
314 Posts

Profile of Sammy the Kid
.... I get to see Mark Wilson in 2 days!!!!!!!!!! How does one compose one's self when meeting their first magical "instructor" (Complete Course in Magic) and, dare I say, Hero? I can barely contain my excitement as it is. I'm driving my wife bonkers with my ecstatic giggling. She's not one of us so she doesn't get it. I get to spend the biggest part of the day Thursday learning from the man I consider the greatest living magician of our time. An afternoon private instructional session followed by an evening lecture. Any of y'all in the St Louis, MO area that don't know about this yet, check out http://www.hampelscircusmagic.com for details. Oh, and Nani is going to be with him (still the most beautiful lady in all of the magic world).

Sammy the Kid, hoping he's not sounding TOO much like a hero worshipper.
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Your not sounding like a hero worshiper, Sammy. And don't worry about how to approach Mark, both he and Nani are two of the nicest friendliest folks you will ever meet. My first contact with Mark was in 1954 when he was just starting his local Dallas twice weekly show Time for Magic. He and Nani used to sell a magic kit the put together in their apartment at a local Tiches Dept. Store in Dallas. It was my first magic kit and the first time I got to shake hands with the man with the $50,000 hands (how he billed himself back then). I agree, Nani is still the most beautiful woman in magic. Tell them Fr. Photius from El Paso says hi.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Steven True
View Profile
Special user
Bonney Lake,WA
765 Posts

Profile of Steven True
I was able to meet him some years back. It was at a SAM convention. Lots of people there and when they realized he was among them they started asking for autographs and pictures. He stop what he was dong and signed every autograph and took every picture they asked for. I was in line for the same thing.He is an awsome and wonderful man. It is kind of funny,when people talk about great magicians of the past, Mark Wilson's name does not come up that often. I don't really know why because he did just as much and really more for magic than some of the ones today.
Oh yeah about the hero thing, join the club because he was the man that got me intrested in magic. I can call him my magical hero. Let us know how it was and make sure you take a camara.

Steven
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Not sure if this is the right forum or not, but.... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL