The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Trip to Vegas (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

CARNEGIE
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of CARNEGIE
I just got back from a most interesting trip to Las Vegas. I was there to assist Steve Baker while he worked on a new episode of Cris Angel's Mindfreak TV Show. Cris considers Steve the originator of extreme escapes and this particular episode revolves around Steve. Unfortunatly, I cannot say anything else about it until the season begins, the production people for Mindfreak prefer that things stay under wraps until end of May.

Also on hand were Banachek, Mark Cannon and Joe Fox. There were a number of celebrities on the set as well.
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Carnegie, it is very nice to hear Steve Baker might get a cameo appearance on Chris Angel's new TV special. It must have been very humbling for Steve to be invited. I don't know if Chris Angel reads this board but Mr Baker's posting of Posted: Aug 24, 2005
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=18
and the recently posted error on “bring your check book” comment to Chris ( now deleted from this board) but it is certainly gracious of Chris to allow Steve to be on set.

Well done Chris and congratulations to Mark Cannon and Joe Fox ( consultants for the escape) I guess I will have to wait to see how it all went.

Ian
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
As everyone here knows. A person has to work, and eat. Who cares what they have posted in the past.

Well done to Carnegie, Steve, Mark & Joe. I am looking forward to seeing what they have ALL done.

Oh, and just to be clear. If there was great publicity in it. I would stand NAKED on someones grave. I am sure Houdini would have too!
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
MaxwellGrant
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of MaxwellGrant
Quote:
On 2006-03-29 01:43, Ian McColl wrote:
Carnegie, it is very nice to hear Steve Baker might get a cameo appearance on Chris Angel's new TV special. It must have been very humbling for Steve to be invited. I don't know if Chris Angel reads this board but Mr Baker's posting of Posted: Aug 24, 2005
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=18
and the recently posted error on “bring your check book” comment to Chris ( now deleted from this board) but it is certainly gracious of Chris to allow Steve to be on set.

Well done Chris and congratulations to Mark Cannon and Joe Fox ( consultants for the escape) I guess I will have to wait to see how it all went.

Ian

Seems to me, if it were an "error" he wouldn't have been invited.

Bottom line, Chriss wanted to do something "extreme" and he knew exactly whom to call.....
CARNEGIE
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of CARNEGIE
Well Ian, if it's any concelation, Steve had certain conditions that he wanted met for the event. All were met, and Steve was pleased. But it would be better that Steve posted his thoughts than me. I was there and enjoyed seeing everything take place. It's a tough dance around words right now because I'd love to share all the things that happened but I'm trying to honor the agreement to not reveal much. Cris did a fine job, that much I can say.
CARNEGIE
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of CARNEGIE
Oh, I'd also like to add it was great meeting Mark Cannon, Joe Fox and Banachek for the first time. Joe is TALL!!!! And hanging out with Steve the entire time was absolutely awesome.

I was there to help Steve. Mark and Joe did the lionshare of the behind the scenes work and they did a fabulous job. As was mentioned, Mark is one of the consultants on the show and Joe was assisting him. It was fun to watch it all play out.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
I am very please to have a picture of myself standing next to Joe Fox, in which I am almost a full head taller then he!

Of course I was standing on a chair at the time (grin)
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Carnegie,
It sounds like you had a great time. I'm a bit jealous! Mark (and Sheila) and Joe are great people (having met them and consider them friends). I've only had the pleasure of talking with Steve Baker on the phone and thru e-mail. I look forward to when I have the opportunity to meet him in person. Now that I have cable, maybe I'll get to see some of those MindFreak shows!

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
Steve Baker - Mr.Escape
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of Steve Baker - Mr.Escape
To All,

Whether Cris Angel saw my comment or not,I said as much
when I was called by Cris in person!
He wanted to honor me by attempting one my signature Escapes
on his show.

We disscused it,and came to an agreement we both felt worked!

A little over a month later,and a number of calls with Mark
Cannon,I was flown to Las Vegas for 3 days of production,put
up at the Aladdin hotel and treated like the professional I am!

I can't wait for the show to air,as Cris,and crew did a great
version of one of my signature escapes!

I would like to thank Carnegie,Banachek,Mark Cannon,Joe Fox,for
making it a great 3 days!!!

Steve
Red Von
View Profile
Loyal user
Branson, MO
251 Posts

Profile of Red Von
Quote:
On 2006-03-29 01:43, Ian McColl wrote:

Ian

Congratulations Indeed!!

It should be a very Interesting show, can't wait to see it!

:cheers:
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Dollars change everything. I'm a little disapointed CA turned wus on the real deal scary stuff, but A "do over" is better than nothing at all. Hope the fans stay interested. The bulk of them should be too young to have seen it first run.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
King, I haven't a clue what that means! Are you putting down the CA tribute escape? What “real scary stuff” should he be doing?
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Trip to Vegas (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL