The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Scotch and soda (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Mülheim an der Ruhr / Germany
1434 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Hello everybody.
on a magic store they are offering a euro scotch and soda set with a magnetic lock and the normal lock (where you need the bang ring to unlock the 2 halfs). I would like to know what you recommend more.
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
It depends on what you're doing with it. If you're working restaurants, I'd recommend the Magnetic, due to the reset. It's silent, but it also isn't as inspectable. What you gain in reset, you lose in examinability. If you're doing this for your friends, go with the classic version.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
1434 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Yes that's what I also thaught about. since I am a pupil and people in school as well as friends extremlx burning my hands since they know I am doing magic, they always want to examin it and so on. and I thought with the normal version where you need the bang ring it might be more examinable.
but I also don't know how strong the magnetic lock is I am very unsure. maybe it is strong enough that it can be given out for examination.
is it complicated to unlock it via bang ring? because if it takes only a few seconds then it might work in a restaurant too.
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
The Bang Ring is easy enough to use, but in restaurants you will draw attention to yourself for banging something. The Magnetic Lock is fairly strong on the Johnson coins, but still isn't completely examinable.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2117 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
I just did a little searching, and can't find a magnetic S&S. I've never handled one. I've had several bang ring models over the years, and the magnetic sounds like it could be interesting.

Or would this be something to just buy a spearate Magnetic shell/magnetic insert?

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
They're not as nice as the classic. The insert slides around. Like I said, you gain something in reset, but lose something in examinability.
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
1919 Posts

Profile of tbaer
"Coin Unique" maybe what you want if you are thinking of getting a magnetic set. It uses a half dollar and a quarter. I have handed out mine numerous times and not once has anyone caught on.
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
1434 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
What is coin unique?
how much does a bang ring costs about?

@mercury: a german extremely overpriced magic store sells s&s with magnetic locks. in general I don't buy from such stores because I find it unbelievable how they can think they can make such prices. but since this particular shop is the only one who has a euro s&s set and it is ok.
example for a rididculus price: 2 euro folding coin: 89 euro haha.
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2117 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
If you go to Google and search for Coin Unique, it will bring up a few sites that describe and sell the effect.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
Dicetricks
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Dicetricks
Scotch and soda is something I purchased as a teenager.
Paid about thirty bucks for it then.
Probably my favorite coin trick for over thirty years.
Still works like a charm.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Scotch and soda (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL