The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Tricks using Si Stebbins/Others (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
JPL
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of JPL
I'm looking for references to tricks using Si Stebbins or any rotational stack (not a memorized deck). What is your favorite trick and why?

JPL
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
See and download my latest free card-suits-themed desktop wallpaper | HERE
MaxwellGrant
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of MaxwellGrant
"The Uncanny Scott" by Ron Wilson

Get the book, in there is a miracle using the 8 king set up in a very different way.
dannyhaze
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of dannyhaze
Richard Osterlind describes the method to his own arranged deck entitled "breakthrough card system" in many of his videos and books. His material involving this arrangment is worth a look.
late night diner
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of late night diner
There's a Lie Detector effect using a Si-Stebbin stack that I use quite frequently. I'm unsure of the creator
e-man
View Profile
Special user
HILTON HEAD,SC
880 Posts

Profile of e-man
The Lie Detctor effect is VERY good Too,Resets instantly Repeatable
And easy.
我被烹调
ERIC HELVENSTON
Karl Miller
View Profile
Elite user
494 Posts

Profile of Karl Miller
Is that the Lie Detector from the Trost book? If it is, it's very good. The Ron Wilson routine is quite clever and worth looking in to. Steven Youell has some very nice stuff in his WMD notes. Be sure to take a look at the Si Stebbins section of The Encyclopedia of Card Tricks, too.

-Karl
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
You're right Karl. Youell has some good ideas.
Also, check out Michael Close's Closely Guarded Secrets. It's geared toward
a mem deck, which a si stebbins can be, but the effect "the luckiest card in las vegas" is a nice one with a great presentation.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
ekozuch
View Profile
Veteran user
argentina
329 Posts

Profile of ekozuch
Any other?
Nick Pudar
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of Nick Pudar
I believe the strongest effect with a Si Stebbins deck is "The Encore Card Stab" by Al Koran. You can find it in his book: "Al Koran's Professional Presentations" edited by Hugh Miller. It was originally published in 1968 by Harry Stanley in England. I believe it has been re-published and is still available.

Nick
Let me explain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.
www.stackview.com Version 5.0 is available!
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Out of Body by Larry Becker is an powerful effects with a cyclic stack like Si Stebbins. This is a top notch routine with a powerful result.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
I think we discussed this somewhere else, but you can do a very simple poker deal from Si Stebbins. Cut a deuce to the bottom and deal four hands of poker. Each hand will be a straight flush of higher and higher value, with the dealer getting the royal. It's a good trick to break up the stack as well.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Doctor REvil
View Profile
Elite user
469 Posts

Profile of Doctor REvil
The Evolving Dream by Stewart James............spelling any thought of card via Si-Stebbins......
Karma means you buy now & pay later.....think I've over spent....!

Check out my ebooks at the lybrary.....

http://www.lybrary.com/david-gemmell-m-13404.html
LLL
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of LLL
I use si stebbins for a card to pocket routine that is chan canasta inspired. It basically involves the spectator cutting the deck behind their back untill there happy then placing the top 2 cards, 1 in each back pocket without looking, the cards are then bought out face up, (so to disprove any marking on the deck, but in reality providing you with the key card) and cards are named. all you have to do is notice which card goes in which pocket first.
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
Jon_Thompson
View Profile
Inner circle
Darkest Cheshire
2404 Posts

Profile of Jon_Thompson
I love to false shuffle the deck, ask for the name of a card and tell people how many cards it is down from the top. I also use it in a tarot routine whereby I tell the spectator that a psychic shouldn't need to see the cards taken, but should instead pick up on them, which I then proceed to do, adding the usual meaning for the spectator's life as I go.

I wanted to see what other things you could stack (Rhine cards, alphabet and number cards, whatever) so I analysed a succession of numbers of cards up to about 100. It turns out that multiples of some primes will fit. The minor arcana doesn't fit for a duty cycle of 3, unfortunately.
monte1
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of monte1
I have Osterlind s Double Down on dvd ...he explains it but for the life of me I cant figure out the process >>> I have watched and rewatched ...there has got to be something I am doing wrong.I understand every thing up until he makes card selections from both people ...and they are the same card .!?
Jeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Orlando, FL
1238 Posts

Profile of Jeff
Gene Anderson has a manuscript available that uses Si Stebbins, it's an entire performance piece.
Also in 21at Century Card Magic by Jim Swain there's the effect called "The Explosion"

In my ebook "The King has Left the Building..." I have and effect called "A Guarded Revelation" that uses Si Stebbins or any other cyclical stack and a card guard.

Jeff Pierce
Available for order now:
http://www.thecardwarptour.com

See new, used, and collectable magic and books for sale at:
http://www.jeffpiercemagic.com
van
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of van
Semi-Automatic Card Tricks V1 page 143 Killocation
Semi-Automatic Card Tricks V2 page 46 Sly Stebbins
Semi-Automatic Card Tricks V3 page 110 The Bilton Diary
140 Stebbin Out
181 Face Off
204 Bite Me
206 Strike Three
208 Underhand Location
Semi-Automatic Card Tricks V4 page 152 Speed Reader II
154 Dealer's Choice
168 Bullet- Ridden
Semi-Automatic Card Tricks V5 page 155 The Deck Will Tell
160 Bait & Switch
179 Con-Sense
Semi-Automatic Card Tricks V6 page 199 Si Senor
201 Si Fry
216 Fish Stew
224 Si's Secret
Semi-Automatic Card Tricks V7 page 163 Si Kick

Van
Later Ya'll

Van
Hayre
View Profile
Regular user
Arkansas
195 Posts

Profile of Hayre
Encore Card Stab...I've been doing it for 35 years. Great trick... but skip the butter knife idea (the edge is right, the blade finish is right, but it just doesn't capture the audience's imagination)....I've use a small meat cleaver, and a ton of other blades. One of the best knives I found was a sporting store demo hunting knife, with a shiny blade, and a factory dulled edge....which was just right.

This trick is now problematic for airline travel, if you normally carry-on your magic.

Last word.....no matter how well you estimate, or how confident you are as a performer, remember...unless you have nerves of steel, even a micromillimeter of shake in your hands will make this tricky to do correctly.
MagicRocks
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of MagicRocks
I am just wondering. Will you use the Si Stebbins setup for a simple trick to make the selection as fair as possible ? Is it worth stacking the whole deck to know one card to make the selection fair and allow the spectator to insert the card and shuffle? what's your opinion ?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Tricks using Si Stebbins/Others (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL