The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Some of my balloon photos (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Al Kazam the Magic Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Living in Perth Western Australia
1042 Posts

Profile of Al Kazam the Magic Man
Must be very cool there in the Jersey Channel. Here in Aussie land it's very hot and bright and the balloons can lose their shine rather quickly. I may try it and see how it goes.

Thanks again,

JoJo
Magic guy in Perth Australia
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
CARTOON BALLOON
ENCYCLOPEDIA = has anyone got this book by ken stillman
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
Hey, I'm sorry to kick this topic back up, but I just stumbled across it, and I have to say EXCELLENT work!!!

I know you mentioned Don Caldwell as the source of learning some of these things, but I'd like to know DEFINITELY where to learn the following:
-The Loony Toon Characters
-Spiderman Hat
-Madhatter's Hat
-Both Superhero's (Hat's and Regular)
-Monkey w/ Banana's Hat

Thanks, and keep up the great work!!!
-Vinnie
sibbie
View Profile
Special user
East Coast
525 Posts

Profile of sibbie
Vinnie,

Each DVD has some different things but checkout this page http://www4.mailordercentral.com/tmyersm......sort_by= which has Don Caldwell's DVDs and also has "Twisted Critters" video that has some character hats. Might be in the ballpark of what you are looking for.
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
Thanks, Sibbie. I looked around myself at Don's DVD's.

They all look so great! LOL!
-Vinnie
Lochlan
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Lochlan
Wow, definitely elite. Did you come up with that version of Ken Stillman's Super Hero or had you seen it as a hat? What is your setup when you're using balloons? Do you use a apron or bag?
magicludovic
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of magicludovic
Quote:
I know you mentioned Don Caldwell as the source of learning some of these things, but I'd like to know DEFINITELY where to learn the following:
-Spiderman Hat
-Madhatter's Hat
-Monkey w/ Banana's Hat

For Spiderman hat : Ed Chee
For Superheroes : Ken Stillman

Ludo.
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Quote:
On 2007-07-15 13:09, Vinnie Laraway wrote:
-Spiderman Hat
-Madhatter's Hat
-Monkey w/ Banana's Hat

To start you off on the looney toons here's a simple tweetypie:
http://www.balloondesigns.net/tweetybird.html

I second Ludo's recommendation for Ken stillman's superhero designs. Also check out Tim McConeghy's "heroes and villains" he came up with the spiderman design so many people use which is also very similar to the one on Ed Chee's hat.

For a mad hatter hat, you'd probably have to weave it David Grist,Larry Moss and Guido all have weaving dvd's out

David Grist also did a great monkey with a banana it may be on one of his DVDs and could easily be added unto a hat.

George
aplusmagic
View Profile
New user
Singapore
21 Posts

Profile of aplusmagic
Any help on simple laser gun for kids? I need help. Thanks.

http://www.aplusmagic.blogspot.com
Royston South
View Profile
Regular user
Jersey Channel Islands
137 Posts

Profile of Royston South
Aplusmagic,

I'll have a go-

Twist a 5" bubble then a 1" pinch twist then a loop twist about the size of your hand, a 1" bubble another loop twist then push the remainder of the balloon though the 2 loop twists to finish.

If you have seen the photo on my site maybe the above will make sense!!!

Royston.
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1741 Posts

Profile of jakeg
Several Months ago, I went to one of Tmyer's sponsored balloon lectures. The number of figures and hats in some of the attendees arsenal seemed to be endless. My question is: How many figures should you know to do a restaurant? How about for busking and birthday parties? I'm working on updating my figures, learning both cartoon figures and some more interesting hats than I've been doing.
Inflated Ego
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Inflated Ego
I love the Sylvester and Groucho glasses hats
Royston South
View Profile
Regular user
Jersey Channel Islands
137 Posts

Profile of Royston South
Hi Jakeg,

When I started doing Balloons I added it to my close-up magic in family restaurants, they were just 1 balloon models dog, rabbit, sword etc it really does not matter what level your at just get out there and show the world what you can do at the same time you will get better and better and get paid for it.

Folks are fascinated by balloon twisting whether it's with 1 balloon or 20! they just don't see as much of it as us.
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1741 Posts

Profile of jakeg
Hi Royston: I guess that you're right, but just like always trying to progress as an entertainer doing magic, it's important to me to feel that I'm progressing as a balloon twister. It keeps my enthusiasm up.
When I started doing balloons, a bubble on the tip of a poodles tail was considered to be an advanced figure. After a 20 year layoff, the art of balloon twisting has advanced by leaps and bounds. I'm really enjoying it.
Royston South
View Profile
Regular user
Jersey Channel Islands
137 Posts

Profile of Royston South
Jakeg,
When your doing your stuff and someone comes up to you and says "my god you've really come on with your balloon twisting" which will happen and you look at your balloon bag and the things your making and say do you think so!!! that's when your moving on, I think it's hard for us as entertainers to see it, but Joe public will let us know.
Entertain first, balloon twist second and have fun it will come when your not looking for it!!. It did for me.

Royston.
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
Hello All. not sure if this is in the right section, I am trying to find stage magic using any type of balloons. I have used balloons in my parties for the last 15yrs, but only sculptures.
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Profile of Bad to the Balloon
You are in the right section but you should create your own post and not tag off another's.

Eddie Medrano has a new spike thru balloon that is awesome. BUY from Eddie there are some knock offs out there not as nice as Eddie's.

Don Cauldwell has some very unique ideas with balloons and magic. You may need a membership to BalloonHQ to get to it, but here is the link:
http://www.balloonhq.com/column/caldwell/nov04/
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
As seen on the TODAY SHOW
www.balloonguy.net
Creator of Bad to the Balloon DVD series
Go to my store: http://tinyurl.com/Bad2theBalloon
rogueclown
View Profile
Veteran user
Hollywood
320 Posts

Profile of rogueclown
Thanks for that Mark!!!! Any DVD by Don Caldwell and Mark Bryne will help you guys make better balloons.
RC
Barry Donovan
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of Barry Donovan
That aeroplane is amazing
when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Some of my balloon photos (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL