We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Straitjacket records (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Cindi
View Profile
Loyal user
Palm Bch, FL
285 Posts

Profile of Cindi
I have been asked to post this information:
New Record Holders Republic standing Strait Jacket record today by Paul Carpenter . Time 15.72 seconds.
Jacket make unknown to me. For inquiries please contact them.

Cinderella
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Nice, that's fast!

I will be interested to see what jacket it was done with. I will ask David for the details. Well done Paul though.
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
I have another question for you all... I know, I'm sorry.

But here goes.

What other organisations, other than Record Holders Republic and Guinness, are there that record world records?

Cheers,

Ros
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
aggieman
View Profile
Loyal user
galveston, tx
207 Posts

Profile of aggieman
Ripleys? I am not sure. but I am sure there is at least one more.
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
We need to find all and record it here so that we can contact them when need be.

Is there no way that we can set up one through The Magic Café for all entertainers? The World Entertainers Records

Regards
Wolflock
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Maybe.

But those entertainers that don't come to the Café, or for those that don't have internet access wouldn't know about it.

In the juggling world there are so many different records recorded all over the place. It is impossible to truly know who holds what, or who's beaten what.

Everyone knows of Guinness, but not everyone knows of the Records Republic. And in the UK Ripleys is known even less.

However, it's a nice idea. But would take some serious work to actually get it in place.

Maybe start off with escape records and work up from there?

Ros
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
saxonia
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of saxonia
We at the Book of Alternative Book of Records (http://www.alternativerecords.co.uk) do. (By the way: We have also other categories for magicians like "fastest production of 8 silver dollars" or "fastest Charlier-cuts").
I started to publish them at http://www.recordholders.org/en/list/escapology.html, but in fact it turned out that the rules are not yet specific enough (as already discussed in the forum) and that it difficult for outsiders like me to judge about the validity of a claim.
For this reason, the verification of new records is now "rested" until we have sent the videos of outstanding record claims to someone from http://www.escapemasters.com.

I am sure that at the end of the procedure, the result will be the most reliable list of records for escape artists.

Ralf Laue
http://www.alternativerecords.co.uk

Quote:
On 2006-09-06 16:58, Roslyn wrote:
I have another question for you all... I know, I'm sorry.

But here goes.

What other organisations, other than Record Holders Republic and Guinness, are there that record world records?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Straitjacket records (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL