The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Milk Can (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magicjess76
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Magicjess76
Hey Guys! I'm trying to find a decent milk can escape to perform at six flags great adventure. Just wondering if you guys knew where I could find a good, but low priced one. Some of the ones I was looking at are a little pricey, and magic auction currently doesn't have any for sale, that I saw. Thanks much!
~Jess Peterson
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Hey Jess, welcome! I don’t know of any truly inexpensive milk can escape props out there.

Two sources come to mind. The first is made and sold by Richard Sherry; it is the Rolls Royce of Milk Can escape props. You can check it out at:
http://www.richardsherrysmagic.com/produ......pes.html

Check out his oil drum escape prop on the same page (I’ll get to that later).

I believe that Mr. Sherry can tailor the Milk Can to your size (If you are a fairly petite woman then you can have it built smaller - the smaller the better).

Another source is Klamm Magic. He sells a Milk Can for slightly less than the Sherry can. Check it out at:
http://www.klamm-magic.com/cgi-bin/web_s......match=on

I believe that it is a Jim Sommers design and make.

Now do you absolutely have to have a Milk Can? If not, consider the less expensive Oil Drum escape. Mark Tripp posted a how to build your own right here on the Café. It is easy to build and safe and easy to perform. I’ve built it and performed it and even loaned it to an escape artiest friend.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
I have one I'm willing to part with. It has room for two people inside, and a drain/faucet.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
MaxwellGrant
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of MaxwellGrant
Harley, PM me...

The drum looks good...

...I wonder what the method is?
Magicjess76
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Magicjess76
It's being used for a show on one of the smaller stages on May 4th as entertainment for all of the student council and business and marketing students in the tri-state area.
Magicjess76
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Magicjess76
I've been looking in to the oil drum, and it's great. It's just as safe as the milkcan, and A LOT less dollars! Thanks again
killerdorito
View Profile
New user
Washington
7 Posts

Profile of killerdorito
Any luck acquiring the oil drum?
Don't struggle too much. You'll only die tired.
deepsix
View Profile
New user
Washington State
6 Posts

Profile of deepsix
Hi Jess,

How did your Six Flags act go?

-D6
angelx03
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of angelx03
Here's a rarity in the magic world! A female teenager attempting the water drum escape. I'm really interested in details of how that went in your Six Flags trip. And were there any news coverage of this of any sort? I'd be surprised of there weren't any!
Midnight333
View Profile
Veteran user
353 Posts

Profile of Midnight333
Don't watch the Prestige, It will just make you nervous about water escapes.. The did a really good job. : ) Good luck belle!
angelx03
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of angelx03
Quote:
On 2006-10-26 02:03, Midnight333 wrote:
Don't watch the Prestige, It will just make you nervous about water escapes.. The did a really good job. : ) Good luck belle!

LOL! Got a good point there! Last thing we need is potential rising teen magician going through a critical life and death struggle. But of course that what she did with that drum escape.

Man, I'm having trouble finding any more info on this. Anybody have any luck?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Milk Can (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL