The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Tis the SEASON!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Laird
View Profile
Regular user
Kansas City
124 Posts

Profile of Laird
Just spent this last weekend busking like a fiend. Then some breakdancers stole my thunder. I was patient, after an hour they left, picked where I let off. Making my hats again. Needed to pee anyway.
Are there any good places in Tulsa to busk?????????? I'm gonna find my way there, and would like to make it pay for itself. Info, would be appreciated. Thanx
It's never to late to have a happy childhold!
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
It is nice kicking off the first shows of the season.
I spun a number of circle shows for the last few weekends.

I got some big reviews in the local press full color page as well as the UK IBM mag covered my recent tour. Where I won the stage FCM.UK award with my Comedy escape.
All ways good for PR if nothing else I suppose.

I am now car less as I just sold it, so I had to drag my stuff into the city, flip my arms hurt.
In less than a few weeks I will buy a camper to tour in. (A Mazda Bongo a Jap Import) it is like a VW but they are reliable.
This year I will stay on this side of the pond and tour UK and Europe.
So I will see some of you on the road I hope.

Now the winter is over I can afford to smile a bit more. Smile
Fat Hats to you all.
Mario
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
OK you bunch of farts where have you all gone?
Mario
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Yeah, it is rather quiet here for a change. Maybe they're out making money? We can only hope...
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Yes it is getting warmer as each day go by.

I got my camper the other day that should make life easy,er.
M
TGENTLE
View Profile
New user
Birmingham, AL
86 Posts

Profile of TGENTLE
I've never posted here because I'm not a busker/wannabe busker. I'm not that sure I'm good enough for the streets!
I log on here daily because I have learned a lot here, and, some of the people here are among the finest entertainers out there. I log on here, because I respect this art form of magic. Street performers put it all on the line. You HAVE to be good or you will stand all day under a hot sun and watch people laugh and walk off. I log on here out of respect the people doing this professionally, because this is really the root of magic. It could easily have died out had some just refuse to come indoors. You have not only preserved a precious venue of magic, you have strengthend its foundation. You have given respect to the art.

So, with this in mind, I hope you all have big crowds, large hats, sunny days and comfortable shoes. Be safe and let us know how its going out there!

Well, until my next post - I guess in another 4 years Smile - I'll be watching.

Tom
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Thanks, Tom! You have a great summer as well!

Chance
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Tom your a star it will be great to hear from you as well, more often than 4 yrs mind!
Mario
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
OK you bunch of farts where have you all gone?

I'm here Mario ... are you suggesting that a VW Microbus isn't reliable?? I did hundreds of Dead shows in an old beat up VW ... actually, they are very reliable *IF* you can adjust the values yourself. Mechanics in general just don't know how to work on them. Smile

Been hitting my pitch for a week now, got a really simple new method to build a tip - which I intend to keep to myself for a while. It is pulling them in like moths to a flame! Such a simple trick too, gawd how I love the easy stuff!

JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Tis the SEASON!!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL