The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Mind Control for beginers??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mightyred75
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of mightyred75
Looking for a good book to teach mind control, NLP, hypnosis any good mentalism. Does anyone know which books are good??
Jonathan Kelly
View Profile
Regular user
Waterford, Ireland
156 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Kelly
For mentalism "13 Steps to Mentalism" by Corinda is an excellent place to start. Not sure about NLP or hypnosis. Not my area.
"But where did the lighter fluid come from?"
Poliphilo
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Poliphilo
Authors: Richard Bandler & John Grinder

Trance formations (NLP and the structure of hypnosis)
Reframing
Patterns in the Hypnotic Techniques of Milton Erickson, vol. 1 & 2

These will help you with NLP

I agree with Jonathan Kelly about 13 steps
Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2675 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
Even after all these years the two best books on mentalism are still 13 Steps to Mentalism by Tony Corinda and Practical Mental Effects by Ted Anneman. The Anneman book is available in a Dover reprint for almost nothing. Most dealers will have or can get Corinda. Also, if you can find a copy of Magic Digest, now out of print, or was, it has some superb material. Can't remember the author! But, he also published You Too Can Read Minds which is published by Magic, Inc. in Chicago. Best,
Brad Burt
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
If you like ebooks, this website has a good selections - http://www.trickshop.com/main.html
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
magicdave777
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of magicdave777
Quote:
On 2006-04-03 20:50, evolve629 wrote:
If you like ebooks, this website has a good selections - http://www.trickshop.com/main.html

How is the quality of these ebooks?
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
I'll let you know. I just ordered FIVE of them! Smile
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
Stimpy
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Stimpy
Airship, can you tell us what books you ordered and what you think about them? Are there any books included that you would recommend to a beginner?
Practice doesn´t make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect...
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
Okay, I ended up buying SEVEN ebooks from trickshop.com. Smile
Here's what I bought:

Annemann's One Man Mental and Psychic Routine @ $4.95
Annemann's 202 Methods of Forcing @ $4.95
These two are just PDFs of Ted Annemann's classic books. But they are high-quality, being newly typeset versions and not just image scans.

Ultimate Koran Bagshawe Deck @ $4.95
Si Stebbins Unplugged @ $9.95
The UK Bagshawe and Si Stebbins ebooks are really nice presentations of two classic deck-stacking systems, the first for forces and the second for locations. After reading just these two, I am ready to do about a zillion tricks!

Simply Wild @ $3.95
Simply Wild is a new presentation of the Wild Cards effect, and I'm not real impressed with it so far, but I've got to try it against the original, as it's been years since I've done it. And I already had the gaffed cards, so for four bucks I figured 'why not?'

Outback @ $6.95
Outback looks like a really nice effect, but it takes a couple of simple moves that I'm not sure I can do (since my hands aren't what they used to be).

Dime & Penny Magic @ $3.95
I bought the Dime & Penny book to give me something more interesting to do with one of my few real magic items. 21 simple tricks plus care & feeding instructions for four bucks.

These ebooks are clearly written and well-presented. The production quality is very good throughout. Even if a couple of tricks don't work out, I consider this forty bucks well spent. I don't think any of them is beyond a beginner who has already mastered a few simple card and coin tricks.
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
2946 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
I have to plug my Black School here because it has gotten great reviews all around and is fantastic for someone starting out as well, because it forces you to deal with presentation: the key to successful mentalism.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Mind Control for beginers??? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL