The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Tricks with 1, 2, 3 and 4 coins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chris "linkster" Watson
View Profile
Special user
England
564 Posts

Profile of Chris
I thought it would be quite good fun to list out a few favourites depending on how many coins you have available to perform with.

The coins don't have to be the same size shape or colour but for the sake of this thread shall we keep the effects to impromptu stuff? - so no Gaffs.

Mine would be

1) Coin flurry incorporating, coin through hand, invisible hand (Paul Cummins), muscle pass and finishing with a complete vanish.
2) Mexican Jumping Coins (Sankey) – if the coins were the same or Spellbound if the coins were different
3) Coin appearance – Coins across (Mr Clean type - Sankey)– 3 Coin complete vanish all as a routine
4) Hell bound spellbound, VCA/ 3 fly (TRIO type effect- Kurtz) or Nate Kranzo’s Wildcoin

I shall look forward to hearing your faves.

Chris
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Then there is the transposition effect, where you get one ahead and make n things change places.

Kaps coin squash seems a candidate for your list though you do need a length of gaffus and something sticky to get it started. Smile

If you have a good vanish method for multiple coins ( say into EG ) you can also pass several into a packet of sugar on the table. Smile

I worked on the VCA in exactly that way, from the one coin jump to the open Tenkai Pennies methodology to the EG chest level stuff. Extensible methodology.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Chris "linkster" Watson
View Profile
Special user
England
564 Posts

Profile of Chris
The transposition you are talking about, is that similar to the one in Bobo's by Goshman?

Can you shed a bit more light on the Kaps Coin Squash, what is the effect? Where can it be found?
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
The multiple transposition is a very old effect recently discussed using coins in Curtis Kam in his current lecture tour. His version using coins is worth getting his notes. Sure beats using a handkerchief, a Candlestick and a rabbit as in one of the older versions. Smile

The Kaps Coin Squash was in his 1975-76 lecture tour notes and also described in David Roth's Expert Coin Magic.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
I was watching Albert Goshman's video "The Life and Times of Albert Goshman" last night and saw his coin/saltshaker routine.(No gaffs) Used 4 coins.(also rang in some copper coins and a jumbo penny at the end)) Incorporated color changes, transpositions, vanishes. He also explained a silent vanish of ten coins. The guy was a awesome to watch and the routine is one I'd like to master.
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
With coins only.

"Twenty-six Cent Worth of Change" Mike Close.
"Hanging Coins" w/ quarters Roth.
A variation of "Just Pretend" from Bobo's MCM.
"Gadabout Coins" from Bobo's MCM.
"6-4-5 Coin Trick" Eddie Fechter.
ChristopherD
View Profile
New user
St. Louis
71 Posts

Profile of ChristopherD
I like Ammar's coins through table with the kicker ending.

impromtu and great ending.
Christopher David
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Hi Chris,

Thanks for mentioning my Wildcoin routine. I love the plot. I have a very off beat one that will soon be appearing in Genii. It is very "different".

All the best,

Nathan
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4674 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Here are my own personal favorites:
2 coins - spellbound / my three coin production sequence from my lecture notes and lecture DVD (using only two coins))
3 coins - Long Term Short Term, from the COINS ACROSS DVD
4 coins - 4 coins through table (my one trick DVD version)/ Twilight Zone Wild Coin from my Knockout Coin Magic DVD and my lecture DVD
5 coins - the IMPOSSIBLE FOUR COIN TRICK - from the COINS ACROSS DVD
6 coins - the IMPOSSIBLE FOUR COIN TRICK version 2
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Chris "linkster" Watson
View Profile
Special user
England
564 Posts

Profile of Chris
Hi Nathan, Thank you for publishing it, great routine.

Mike, having only got your encyclopedia series and your intermediate and advanced coin magic book you've left me in a predicament...which of the many DVD's / Lecture notes to get next?

davidpaul$, I totally agree, GOSHMAN ROCKS - I don't do the routine myself however I stole one of his ideas as a kicker for an impromptu hopping halves I do. Which reminds me I should have put that in the 3 coin category Smile
Mike.Shots
View Profile
Regular user
Terrell
199 Posts

Profile of Mike.Shots
1 coin - Shoot Ogawa's "And Then"
2 coins - Daniel Garcia's "Chi"
3 coins - Chris Kenner's 3 fry, Shoot Ogawa's "Nerd" or "Count Three"
4 coins - Paul Harris' and Daniel Cros "Twilight" or any coin matrix
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
One coin: Garrett Thomas's squeeze-away vanish and reproduction. Apollo Robbins's routine using JW Grip; can transition into Spellbound.

Two coins: Tenkai Pennies. Presto-Changeo, leading into c/s in spectator's hand (a la Johnny Thompson)

Three coins: Gadabout Coins. Paul Wilson's Across the Void.

Note: The number of coins in the listing above refers to how many coins the spectators see.

Jerry
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Tricks with 1, 2, 3 and 4 coins (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL