The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Help for Fakini balls ! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

soleil
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of soleil
Hello everybody! I have a problem in chosing what size and what color fakini balls to buy. I wish I coild buy all to try but they are so expensive that I cannot afford it. I hesitate between orange and yellow. Which one is more visible on dark costume? Also, I hesitate between 1 3/4 inch and 2 inch. Can we use a 1 3/4 inch set on big stages? Thank you for your opinions and your help.
Alex
"Art is the Artist. The Artist is God."- Goete
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Do a 1 3/4" set in white. The white is very bright against a black background.
FCpreacher
View Profile
Elite user
PA
439 Posts

Profile of FCpreacher
Of course 2 inch would show up better, but you have to have the chops to manipulate them without flashing. 1 3/4" is a safe size and still plays well on stage.

FC
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Alex, white would be a better choice because it would show out well against your dark color costume. Even if it is 1 3/4" white color balls will not look small. Unless your hands and fingers can work the 2 inch size comfortably, stick to the 1 3/4 inch ball.

Orange will not look good because from a distance it may look like 'flesh' color (color of your hand/fingers). The orange colored balls will not stand out when you are holding them.
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1950 Posts

Profile of kregg
Any size over 1.75" (44.45mm) can give you serious angle problems, unless you have complete control over the seating in every venue or a hands as large as Andre' the Giant.
White looks larger on stage due to it's reflective nature.
Golf balls are nice to have because so many people relate to golf.
POOF!
Dave Dorsett
View Profile
Veteran user
Macomb, Illinois
345 Posts

Profile of Dave Dorsett
Fakini's orange is more of a "baby aspirin" powder orange color than a vivid hunter. Of the two choices left, white and yellow, I would recommend white.
Dave Dorsett
Douglas~Wayne Illusioneering
jErMZ
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of jErMZ
I would highly recommend white and perhaps rocket red for a colour change.,. honestly.,. I feel 1 3/4" plays very fine on any stage. but the 2 inch are to my opinion better.
basically cos it shows up better and it stretches ur fingers. which make difficult for the balls to drop. on the other hand, do take note on angles when palming.,.
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1950 Posts

Profile of kregg
If you still have questions go to a toy store or sporting good store to see which size suits you best.
Years ago Frank made me a set of 8 - 2.25" Billiards (no shell), it feels weird whenever I switch to a smaller ball.
POOF!
soleil
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of soleil
Thank you all of you who brought very valuable help. You know its difficult to imagine the right color Fakini, when you haven't seen it. I spoke to Frank personally and he told me that his orange balls are more visible from a distance then the yellow ones. On the other hand Mark Stevens tells me that yellow is really nice in Fakini balls. So, if there someone who owns a yellow set and what are your experience? I do have an orange set and I love the color.
I'm limited in orange or yellow because of the theme of the show. Balls are little suns in this case, so I have to chose between yellow and orange. Sun is always either yellow or orange on drawings.
Concerning the size problem I think I'll go for 1 3/4 cause I feel comfortable about the angles.
Thank you once more,
Alex
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Alex, since you already have the orange color set, I would suggest taking a video shot of yourself performing the routine - from different distance (10 feet away, then 50 feet away and further).

That way you would be able to judge for yourself how well the orange color comes out from different distances. If it comes out well even from 100 or 200 feet away then stick to the orange color since you already have it. Why buy another set if it comes out well? Unless you are getting another set as a spare set.
soleil
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of soleil
Thank you James! I already ordered a yellow set.I think that Fakini balls are always a good investment. Now I have the oppurtunity to buy them, and sometimes when they are gone you have to wait several weeks or months and imagine if you have a show planned and you need them urgent.
Also, I need a Flash four finale to finish the routine; what is your oppinion on flash four finale?
Your help is highly appreciated,
Thank you,
Alex
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Tes, the Flash four finale is also a good compliment to the 4 balls routine. The Flash four finale is useful in making an eight ball routine short, sweet and simple.

Here's an idea for you.

After the appearance of the 4 balls, and with proper timing, the flash-four appearance should look like you are splitting the 4 balls into 8 balls.

The effect is 'splitting 4 balls to 8 balls' and not another appearance of 4 balls.

Hope this helps, Alex.
Levent
View Profile
Special user
USA
801 Posts

Profile of Levent
Dear Alex:

I’m certain you will enjoy the Fakini set. Frank Radtke is a wonderful man and he makes a fantastic product.

You didn’t mention the ball size that you ordered. I am curious, what size was it?

Like “Kregg”, I also use a 2 1/4 inch diameter Fakini’s for my eight ball routine and frankly I can’t imagine using anything smaller. But everybody has different likes and dislikes.

Anyhow, I wish you luck with the Fakini set.

Best regards,
Levent

As for the flash four finale set, it is my opinion that it is pretty difficult to make the sudden appearance of four balls look magical. If I were you I would heed Mr. Tong’s advice.
soleil
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of soleil
The balls I use now are 1 3/4 inch size. I feel comfortable and safe with this size. I will hardly drop a ball and I think they are pretty viible from small and medium size stage. I also use blue costume so the contrast to yellow(orange) balls is big, and the strong lights help to the general visibility.
I wish I could use 2 inch balls but the angles become risky for the palming, the changeovers, etc., and I'm not sure my hand is big enough. What size is your hand Levent to use huge balls of 2 1/4 inch ?
May be in the future I'll try to use bigger size bur for now I stick to something sure. I cannot do errors and flashes in my show which should be very proffessional.
Thank you James for your idea. I also think that the splitting is more effective then the appearence about he Flash four finale.
As soon as I receive the yellow balls I will post a brief review on my oppinion on the color, visibility in different conditions etc. for your information.
soleil
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of soleil
Just forgot to say that I asked Frank if there is a size between 1 3/4 inch and 2 inches and he tld me NO! But if I propose him to make a special set exeptionally for me? It will cost a lot if it's possible to make them in general. I think that will be the best size - visible and safe!
soleil
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of soleil
Hello guys and girls! As I promised I want to post something about the Fakini balls I just received. I ordered a yellow 1 3/4 inch set and the yellow is well..., like baby lemon! I mean a yellow lemon which is not yet ready to be eaten, something betwen yellow and green. I thought it will be a gold yellow or "classic" yallow but no... Anyway I love Fakini balls so I will think if I'll use this color.
How it's important to actually touch and handle and try out the real prop to dicide if it is for you or not. Photos on internet don not tell you 100% of the truth. So my final words are that a magician must be rich!!!!!!
I think all that said will help to someone who is wishing to order Fakini balls.
Alex
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Soleil,

Previously you posted you spoke with Fakini. I cannot believe you did not ask for samples. He has sample slices of the silicone he give out as samples. These come in the different colors he makes so one can see the color of each.

Fakini (Frank) guarantees his balls for life, you might contact him for an exchange. He is a very good person and will make sure you are satisfied.
soleil
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of soleil
I never knew Frank can send samples of the silicone.He didn't tell me either. This is excellent news for someone who wants to see the actual color. Thank you very much.
Alex
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
I also use the 1 3/4 inch balls in my own act. They work real well for me and the moves I like to do. I do not have problems with visibility at my venues and the white balls show up very nicely against my outfit. Of course you have to choose what works best for you.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
Dean A
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of Dean A
Infact you are pictured with them.

I love Fakini Balls about as much as a grown man BE excited about Rubber Balls. I have a set of 2 inch balls in white which I use in walkaround settings. The angles are of course a problem with this classic effect so in recent times I have switched to a smaller size. It is very easy to spend loads of money on these things. especially is you like colours. These products are supberb though and it is a pleasure to own them. One day I intend to own everything and spend whole weekends just playing with my balls in a locked room.

Dean
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Help for Fakini balls ! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL