The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Fyrefli fyreballs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

srayproctor
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of srayproctor
Has anyone tried juggling Fyreballs?

Check them out at: http://www.fyrefli.com/?id=21

They look kind of interesting. If anyone has tried them; are they durable, practical and/or how do they compare to fire torches?

Thanks,
Scott Proctor
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
Scott: I strongly believe that any juggler who wants to juggle fire should learn clubs good enough to do a routine with torches. Fire balls never gets as good, not in my eyes at least. There's some different versions of fire balls out there, and I think that the one above is the better one. Still, fire balls look poor compared to torches.

Perhaps if you juggle 5-7 fire balls we are talking in another league...

/Ark
Don't miss out on the great new mentalist magic: www.metalwriting.com
srayproctor
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of srayproctor
Thanks Ark,

I think I'll go with the torches.
esther_scheffer
View Profile
Veteran user
the netherlands
316 Posts

Profile of esther_scheffer
Although I agree with Arc that torches are the thing to start juggling fire with, the pro off the fire balls is that you do not see them so often. Indeed in my opinion 5 fire balls in a stable pattern looks pretty good! (and that is not just my preoccupaion on 5 balls at the moment!!)

If you try the balls, try not to cath the iron part.
itshim
View Profile
Elite user
Milton Keynes
417 Posts

Profile of itshim
I've yet to see a nice routine with fire balls. That is, a routine that is significantly better than a glow ball routine. Fire balls which need gloves to juggle them just don't get the audience going and the ones in cages just aren't scary enough. Stick to torches. Now five of them is worth seeing.

Nigel
I knew a man who kept saying "pliers, pincers, scissors". He was speaking in tongs.

www.itshim.co.uk
SenseiStrange
View Profile
Veteran user
The Dead God's Dreams
345 Posts

Profile of SenseiStrange
The Fyrefiles are OK.

they have a small wick so you only get a few minutes of flame.

Despite good sense, it is possible to hold the fyrefly in your naked palm as long as you keep moving. (note- you will eventually get burned. I think I have just been lucky) I use it for sphere manipulation work, even though the ball rolls awkwardly.

I say, buy one and play with it. If you like it buy the rest of the set.

Here is a blurry picture of mine at Burning Man. (It is the last slide to the right)

http://www.senseistrange.com/slides.htm
Braaainz
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of Braaainz
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I have a set of these.

Torches ARE more impressive, however Contact Juggling a fireball is pretty unique while torches are common. I don't recommend cascade juggling with the balls unless you have a specific routind in mind.

As to getting burned with the balls, roll them in a shallow pan of water before lighting. This will save your hands and preserve the exterior wicks.
Pokie-Poke
View Profile
Special user
Bensalem, PA
883 Posts

Profile of Pokie-Poke
I have them, they are a hype prop. a lot of build, and crowd work long before you light them. the burn time is to short, and the flame is to small to just light them and think people will watch.
I like them, but they are not for every body.
www.pokie-poke.com
The Adventure cont...
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
IMHO Flaming torches creates an optical illusion that can Mesmerize an audience.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
Quote:
On 2012-05-31 21:55, Pokie-Poke wrote:
I have them, they are a hype prop. a lot of build, and crowd work long before you light them. the burn time is to short, and the flame is to small to just light them and think people will watch.
I like them, but they are not for every body.

I share these thoughts.

The idea is good, the specific product did not deliver anywhere near my expectations.

The fire is weak, soundless and the entire effect is visually anemic as a result.

I often wonder about more robust and noisy fire balls in a five ball cascade…
"Is there any point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
"To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
"The dog did nothing in the night-time."
"That was the curious incident," remarked Sherlock Holmes.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Fyrefli fyreballs (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL