We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Magic Of Alan Wakeling paperback Coming Sept. at Amazon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2227 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
I was just browsing Amazon for any magic bargains and searched Steinmeyer and guess what The Magic Of Alan Wakeling is going to be available Sept 2006 in paperback for..get this $11.67 + shipping.....I have pre ordered mine! I have been wanting this book for a long time.

Oh almost forgot here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0786718......ing=UTF8
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
magicstudent
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of magicstudent
Could you share why this book so special for you?
Thanks.

Jeffrey
I'll Be Back!
-Schwarzenegger-
Matty Moriates
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Matty Moriates
Yeah what is so special about this book? What is contained in the book? Thanks!
-3-
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
23046 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The book discribes Alan's club routines he performed back in the early days. It is more for people that want to become real performers for stage magic and manipulation magic.

Not much close up, just his act discribed in detail.Some mental magic. Some illusions he created.

I hope noone sees any value in this book, as I do not want the beginner to get ahold of this material.
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2227 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Well said Wmhegbil.. I agree about beginners getting this book...I have a friend that has a hardbound edition that he keeps in a lock box with his Books Of Wonder as the material inside is from a real worker, I can't hardly wait. There is much to be learned from just reading about his illusions.
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

Richard Tremblay
View Profile
Regular user
Québec, Canada
120 Posts

Profile of Richard Tremblay
It kind of upset (not really!) me as when this book came out, they advertise it as a limited run of 1000. At that time, I was at school without much money but I spend the 75,00$US (I am Canadian so it's like the book cost me more than 100$) to hold something which will become a collectible. Afterward, Mr. Steinmeyer made other runs and now, in softcover!

Richard
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2227 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Richard I understand that particular view however I could not afford the hardbound edition and now I can get the same info in softbound... Magic ethics are really fickled from every aspect of this art!
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

Richard Hatch
View Profile
Regular user
Logan Utah
127 Posts

Profile of Richard Hatch
Steinmeyer's ART AND ARTIFICE is also slated for paperback release in the Fall, according to Amazon.
Richard Hatch
www.HatchAcademy.com
omk
View Profile
Regular user
Florida's Space Coast
108 Posts

Profile of omk
Quote:
On 2006-04-05 08:21, Richard Tremblay wrote:
It kind of upset (not really!) me as when this book came out, they advertise it as a limited run of 1000. At that time, I was at school without much money but I spend the 75,00$US (I am Canadian so it's like the book cost me more than 100$) to hold something which will become a collectible. Afterward, Mr. Steinmeyer made other runs and now, in softcover!

Richard

I wouldn't worry - the hardcover version will still be in demand and hold its value -
collectors prefer the hardbound editions and sometimes buy the softcover ones as well for reading copies (which I intend to do on these two).

Dave
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5435 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
I pre-ordered the new release a few months ago and just got a message from Amazon stating that, after several delays, The Magic of Alan Wakeling shipped today. I am greatly looking forward to receiving my copy.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I've been wanting to get this for a while now.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2227 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Its finally on the way to me!
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

boxjumper
View Profile
Veteran user
360 Posts

Profile of boxjumper
It's a fine book. I am disappointed that JS is allowing it to be sold in the malls with the cookbooks and self-help books.

BJ
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5435 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Mine just arrived this afternoon. What a great, great book! Personally, I have no issue with it being "sold in the malls with the cookbooks and self-help books," but then... I don't have an issue with magic books at public libraries either. If it weren't for that I might never have gotten my start in the first place.
cardone
View Profile
Special user
858 Posts

Profile of cardone
This is one of my favorite books...... so sad it will be at the mall.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Magic Of Alan Wakeling paperback Coming Sept. at Amazon (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL