The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Kennedy New Booktest at HP » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..10~11~12 [Next]
magicman02
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of magicman02
Anyone seen this at Hocus pocus, Kennedys new booktest...
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12447 Posts

Profile of John C
Tell me this isn't one where you create an instant stooge?

I like it from what the description says.

The price is right ...

It IS my birthday on the 25th ...

HONEEEEEEEEEEEY!

John
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
magicman02
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of magicman02
Paying $200 for a instant stooge is crazy, I hope that isn' the method
Ken Dyne
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2269 Posts

Profile of Ken Dyne
No stooges no...but it is a good idea...why didn't I think of it.

Here's some extra info that isn't in the description which I have has asked in PMs and emails:

It is immediatly repeatable with a different outcome (so its not always the same word)
MR GOLDEN BALLS 2.0: https://mentalunderground.com/product/mr-golden-balls-2-0/" target="_blank"> https://mentalunderground.com/product/passed-out-deck/

BAIRN: Named 'Best Mentalism Product Of 2014 by Marketplace of the Mind is my collection of more than 40 mentalism routines in a beautiful paperback book: http://www.mentalunderground.com/product/bairn
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12447 Posts

Profile of John C
So ... maybe I don't have to buy MOABT?

John
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Harry H
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of Harry H
Economicon is much cheaper.Paying £100+ for a book test it would have to be REAL mindreading.
Problem with ads is what they leave out in terms of method.
Renaldi
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Canada
106 Posts

Profile of Renaldi
I am always interested in new book tests. I think it is prudent to wait for an independent review or two before purchasing.

Renaldi
mikep
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
327 Posts

Profile of mikep
How many pages is the book?? what are its dimensions??
Graymatter_Fireworks
View Profile
Veteran user
Atlanta, GA
344 Posts

Profile of Graymatter_Fireworks
For the booktest lovers out there, this thing will create a whole new set of standards.

-Brandon
"The social world in which we live, determines our experience of what is real." - John Gager
Mark Storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of Mark Storms
Kennedy, Is the book as examinable as the MOABT
Find out what you cannot do.., Then go and do it!
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2027 Posts

Profile of David Numen
Is this the booktest you mentioned recently on another thread or is it a different one?
Ken Dyne
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2269 Posts

Profile of Ken Dyne
Bartlewizard, to be honest I cant remember which thread and what I said.

This is literally what it looks like:

"Please take the book, open it to any page, flick forward or back and then settle on one. Now please think of any word on that page. please make it al ittle impressive, me revealing the word "if" is not very exciting. Do you have one in mind? Superb. Now Please concentrate on the word, think about it and imagine it bright and vivid in your mind. (i now take a pad of paper) think of the first letter...say it louder in your mind, excellent (you write something on your pad with your marker)...and the next letter...okay...you are a difficult nut to crack, keep conentrating..." etc etc etc "okay for the first time, which word were you thinking of? "possible"? You turn and show your pad, in large black letters is the word POSSIBLE!

And it can be repeated.

I hope this helps. If you do have any question please do PM me.

Regarding the Ecomonicon and prices. Eco is extremely low in price and I think it is too low and a great buy for the money. I have priced this becasue I don't want everyone doing it or having it. I think most mentalism and magic is too cheap and reasonable enough for normal people with a passing interest to get hold of secrets. I want to keep this secret so am pricing out of the "casual interest" bracket.

If you are looking for a bargin, this is not it. If you are after a solid , mind blowing performance piece which has impressed all who I have shown it to then this is for you. It certainly is not for mainsteam.

Kennedy

P.S this is not meant to replace MOAB, MOAB is one of the finest pieces of thinking I have ever seen. this is merely a different approach.
MR GOLDEN BALLS 2.0: https://mentalunderground.com/product/mr-golden-balls-2-0/" target="_blank"> https://mentalunderground.com/product/passed-out-deck/

BAIRN: Named 'Best Mentalism Product Of 2014 by Marketplace of the Mind is my collection of more than 40 mentalism routines in a beautiful paperback book: http://www.mentalunderground.com/product/bairn
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2707 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Hi Kennedy, wow, this sounds too good to be true. At approx £113 (UK) is there anything else about this book test you can tease us with.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
Fred E. Bert
View Profile
Veteran user
New York, NY
359 Posts

Profile of Fred E. Bert
I have to say, this is the best, most realistic covert art of any book test I've seen. I've stayed away from most marketed book tests because of the dubious-looking covers and format.

Congratulations Kennedy, this sounds like a winner.
Ken Dyne
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2269 Posts

Profile of Ken Dyne
Fred I have been totally anal about the whole thing. I sent so many back and have been back to the drawing board so many times it is unreal. I have the master mentalist Alain Bellon to thank for the amazing job on the cover art. This really does look like a real book, it is the most realistic I have seen at least.

I've even gone so far as to put in a dedication in there, to my wonderful sister as well as an "about the author" page. There is a bar code on the back cover as well as some reviews and quotes on the back cover from the press.

In fact, even if you take the beautiful dust jacket off, the title and author are embossed in gold on the spine.

I too was always worried about booktests looking like real books. that's where the obsession began.

You want teasing more?

What if I told you there are methods in there to read seveal spectators' minds at once too. I have put several presentations in there including a great one where you play psychic 'hangman' with the spectator. A presentation which is worth the price of this alone in my opinion. I really have tried to put in as much detail as I could, trying not to leave anything out in terms of tips and performance ideas. Its not just a booktest with one routine or method, it really is fully explained. OH and the instutions are printed intot he back pages of the book so you will be unable to loose them Smile

Kennedy

kyle_freemason
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of kyle_freemason
For 200$ it sounds like a rip off to me. No "secret" is seemingly worth that when its a gimmick. Hope it sells but as in all things when you overprice it you are only hurting yourself. If you want to keep it non public or for the few only introduce it to magic societies. The high price to me simply sounds like greed. There are far better ways to keep "secrets" out of the hands of normal people but ripping off people with such an outrageous price is not one of them.
MM
Butler # 254
Bananafish
View Profile
Elite user
Simon Shaw, Suffolk, England
415 Posts

Profile of Bananafish
Quote:
On 2006-04-06 13:10, kyle_freemason wrote:
For 200$ it sounds like a rip off to me. No "secret" is seemingly worth that when its a gimmick. Hope it sells but as in all things when you overprice it you are only hurting yourself. If you want to keep it non public or for the few only introduce it to magic societies. The high price to me simply sounds like greed. There are far better ways to keep "secrets" out of the hands of normal people but ripping off people with such an outrageous price is not one of them.

If it plays as Kennedy described it - then it is easily worth $200 for any working mentalist. At that price it will also keep it away from the casual hobbyiest - which to be honest is a good thing. There are already too many great secrets far too accessible. Just my humble opinion.
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5409 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
I'm eager to check it out, even if I know that Kennedy was working on it from a long time... and, once more, Alain Bellon seems to endorse this product.

I know Alain, he is a genius and I doubt he would ever endorse something he does not like! So this new book test should prove DA BOMB! Smile
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Spinnato
View Profile
Elite user
420 Posts

Profile of Spinnato
Quote:
On 2006-04-06 13:10, kyle_freemason wrote:

I couldn't DISAGREE with you more!
IMO he should have priced it higher.
Mark Storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of Mark Storms
MOABT is supposed to retail for 400 I believe. And this sounds cleaner. So I agree that 200 is reasonable. However Kennedy didn't answer my question about examineability. Is this as examinable as MOABT?
Find out what you cannot do.., Then go and do it!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Kennedy New Booktest at HP » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..10~11~12 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL