The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Rafael Benatar C&B routine (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
Just wondered if anyone has seen the DVD "Elegant Cups & Balls" by Rafael Benatar, and what they thought about it. I was considering purchasing it, and would like to know.

The ad I saw is HERE. Thanks! SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1309 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
He does the Garcia routine for the most part. The routine is outlined in The Very Best of the Cups and Balls book by Frank Garcia.
It is a very good routine.
Mobius
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1379 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
I have the video that preceeded the DVD and it's very good. I'm not sure if this new DVD is just a straight copy of the video (renamed). Either way, his routine is well-structured and also taught well with a bit of philosophy about the C&B thrown in. If you already have the Ammar DVD and the Greater Magic Teach-In DVD, I think you'll find this a useful addition to your DVD library.

Richard
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
Thanks, guys, for the information.

I have Garcia's book and am familiar with his routine, so this sounds interesting. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
steve j
View Profile
Special user
Long Island, New York
559 Posts

Profile of steve j
I haven't seen it but I saw Rafael perform at the world magic semenar to compete and he won. His performance was very funny and he is a great performer so I am sure that the DVD is great.
flimnar
View Profile
Special user
Salt Lake
577 Posts

Profile of flimnar
Does anyone know if the routine is different than the one on his video "Cups and Balls Execution, Theory and Practice"?

Flimnar
"This one goes to eleven..." Nigel Tufnel
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
FYI: Meir Yedid is seeling this as a download for $10.

https://www.mymagic.com/l/digital-video/......-benatar
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Rafael Benatar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Spain
165 Posts

Profile of Rafael Benatar
Steve, I had not seen your comment. I never compited at the Desert Seminar. The only time I went was 2009 where I lectured, emceed stage the competition show, and took part in a C&B special event that Bill Palmer and Pete Biro put together. The other performers in that session were Johnny Thompson, Antonio Romero and Jason Latimer.
kcmagic1
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of kcmagic1
Sounds like someone needs the 1000-G Cups for their new routine!
Designer of the 1000-G cups - the most durable cups in magic www.kristiancharles.com/1000-g
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Rafael Benatar C&B routine (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL