The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » THE official Cyril Thread (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
Quote:
On 2006-04-16 07:39, kairan wrote:
Abc, you are talking about cyril right?
cyril is japanese, I'm sure,, his surname, takayama is a common japanese surname, he speaks japanese fluently.
any way, that's not really important, do you guys like his style of magic?

Firstly, I love his magic. Secondly he is Foreign born Japanese as far as I know but Yes he is Japanese.
I meant the guy in the Popcorn trick is Korean. The star is Korean not japanese. Sorry I know the star is Cyril but I meant the humorless, who is this guy oh @@@ where did the basketball come from I don't like popcorn - guy. He is Korean.
kaigan
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of kaigan
Quote:
On 2006-04-17 02:02, Brian Turntime wrote:
I can't imagine it will be very long before a producer in LA realizes what a gold mine of talent he could tap in Cyril... it amazes me that he isn't an American household name already.

Well, he was already on the show T.H.E.M. in the US, and that apparently failed... But with the popularity Cyril is getting on his own maybe he'll be back in the US, who knows? I'd sure like to see ANY sort of regular magic show, the way he is on in Japan.
sohaib
View Profile
Special user
San Ramon, CA
577 Posts

Profile of sohaib
Is there anything out from which we can learn some of Cyril's material? Or is everything original?
pyromagician
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
312 Posts

Profile of pyromagician
Cyril does the explosion and then some:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlNF2nHd94g&search=cyril is there somewhere where I could buy this? the end is awsome someone please pm me
P.S. this is what part of the alphabet would look like if "Q" and "R" were eleminated
pyromagician
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
312 Posts

Profile of pyromagician
And this one.......... the linking rubber bands,,,, anyone know where I can find that (the end thing) send me a pm

Cyril Rubberbands for Japanese TV girl:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz4Q9CQzwKo&search=cyril
P.S. this is what part of the alphabet would look like if "Q" and "R" were eleminated
Bob Saget Rocks
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Bob Saget Rocks
The blindfolded card stab trick...i've been dying to know for years...can anyone who knows this point me in the right direction for where I could find this effect?
Sreidy
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
140 Posts

Profile of Sreidy
Thanks for all the links Mike. Greatly appreciated by all Im sure. Im sure you all agree that his style is fantastic. Its ok to have a 'Dynamic Shownship' and all but some performers look better without.

I would have to agree with Tomasko about the Japanese audience. Like most of us who have been performing for a while would know that a Japanese audience create such an atmosphere. Here is Australia there is a plethora of Japanese residents and visitors. You cant help but feeling pumped after performing a show for them.

I have tried to mail Cyril but it keeps coming back with an error message. I have seen a few folk perform his chewing gum effect as well as the shadow card on 'youtube'. It is a great presentation and has inspired a few ideas of my own. I'm just wondering though - where they got this info?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeNKLfH8wsk
Scott
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
Will he be releasing some sort of instructional dvd?
I get to gaff some cool stuff for some cool people
Sreidy
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
140 Posts

Profile of Sreidy
I don't think he will be releasing a dvd as such for a while. I have been in touch with the Company who represent him in Japan. He has a DVD that is available however not an instructional one.

You can purchase it here http://www.cyrilmagic.com/goods/index.html

The english translater is in the page
ryoma4148
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of ryoma4148
Thanks Smile I'm a great fan of Cyril! Smile
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Cyril is amazing - Japanese father - French- Moroccan mother I think his website says - and I think he grew up in the States - his Japanese doesn't really sound totally fluent on his vids - but what an amazing performer
ofrmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of ofrmagic
I agree with you welcome to the Café plastic
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Thank You ofrmagic -what a great place the Café is to be - this is what school should've been like - even when I disagree with what people are saying - I'm still learning off them here

Cyril has it all - very good magic, presentation, comedy and he seems to genuinely like his audiences
Christian Illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Ohio (currently located in Missouri)
503 Posts

Profile of Christian Illusionist
Is there an address or e-mail where one can contact Cyril's company for an autograph like you can Lance Burton and David Copperfield?
We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
jamesbond
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of jamesbond
Very creative!

bond
True-Gossiper
View Profile
New user
Gaia
27 Posts

Profile of True-Gossiper
Check out his amazing Korean show.
"I was the future.." TG, 2006
expand your consciousness
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of expand your consciousness
I think Blaine is one best performers/stuntman in the world of magic.
But Cyril is hands down one of the best close up magicians I have ever seen.
Angel is good, but not nearly as good as the aforementioned.
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Transylvania
1367 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
Thanks a lot for the links.
watching cyril is always a delight.

-Matt
The masters make the rules, for the wise men and the fools
seanalexander
View Profile
Regular user
UK
194 Posts

Profile of seanalexander
Don't think Cyril or the TV company are happy! They've removed all the videos off youtube! Why can't they see that there r a lot of fans out here that like seeing his stuff!

Oh well
badeboom
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of badeboom
Does anybody know which levitation he uses here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9SDaLUcT1M

It's from the Korean TV-special "Magic Revolution".

Never seen that before. Seems to be hardware-based... What do you think?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » THE official Cyril Thread (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL