The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » David Blaine...* he's fun to watch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Florian Rago
View Profile
Loyal user
Lincolnshire
202 Posts

Profile of Florian Rago
Let's get one thing straight first, I think David Blaine is a GREAT magician. I know he isn't the best technician, but his presentation really does envelope you into magic.

Anyway, Smile I am interested in learning how he makes the dinner glass explode.
Effect: He approaches a table and asks everyone to concentrate on one glass, suddenly it explodes and the wine spills everywhere. Does anyone have any resources explaining how to do this? Also how to stop somebody else's pulse, or stop your own pulse but gimmickless. I know there is a book called 7 Deceptions, but it is JUST the gimmickless pulse stop. I'd love to know how to do this.

Thank you sooooo much.

Florian Smile
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Trust me, you need more than just one deception. All seven are fairly cheap.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2822 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
My guess is that he used a REALLY OLD PRINCIPLE...I read about it in Hoffman's Modern Magic first published in 1876.

Nathan Pain
charliemagic
View Profile
Special user
537 Posts

Profile of charliemagic
Check out http://www.hocus-pocus.com
They have a prop that does the same thing.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5732 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
You have a sharpshooter positioned in the backroom. JUST KIDDING! Don't try that!
LOL!

Some vibrating devices can shatter a glass, if it vibrates at the right frequency. Don't know for sure what method he used.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » David Blaine...* he's fun to watch (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL