The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Bicycle decks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Alym Amlani
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1465 Posts

Profile of Alym Amlani
I'm just curious - how many different flavors of bicycle cards exist now?
I'm talking about the ones with regular faces, but different coloured backs.

I know we can get black backs, red, and blue. I've also seen light green, light blue, and pink; but these all have reversed faces. I'm asking because I'd like to put together a bicycle rainbow deck and if there are enough colours to do so, I may just make 52 of these decks - I'm sure there'd be some people on the board who'd buy the leftovers...

Thanks for the help,
a.
Logic Defied
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2495 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
I don't think bikes have 52 dif colors, more like 7 or sumthing
Sora
View Profile
New user
Stony Brook, NY
16 Posts

Profile of Sora
There's a green backed Bicycle and I think Magic Pro Shop has those. Also, I've seen two kinds of Christmas decks which comes in a tin.

Those are the only ones that I remember at this point but I'll let you know if I find other ones.
Alym Amlani
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1465 Posts

Profile of Alym Amlani
Oh then there are the tactical field decks too (the dark green).
Logic Defied
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1649 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
If you're talking about different "colored" backs - light blue, light green, pink, lavender, and black are the ones I can think of. As you said, though, they will have reversed faces.
If you want "Specialty" decks such as Christmas, Harley Davidson, Coka-Cola, Playboy, etc., there's hundreds of those out there. Again, most will have different faces.

You may want to check out their "Vintage" design series. They don't come in a big color variety, but they've got different back designs from the last 120 years. Go to http://www.usplayingcardco.com/ and check out their PDF catalogs.
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
Sora
View Profile
New user
Stony Brook, NY
16 Posts

Profile of Sora
Oh!I forgot!The Harry Potter Bikes have a darkish red back and the face is normal except for the aces and the jokers.
Sora
Sora
View Profile
New user
Stony Brook, NY
16 Posts

Profile of Sora
And I guess you can also use the spades and clubs of the Ghost Deck.
Sora
absynth
View Profile
New user
Tejas
62 Posts

Profile of absynth
I have also seen some gold and silver back decks on ebay.
There are green and black back tactical field decks. The black back on the tactical field deck is the same as the regular black back (ie not darker like the green). I seem to remember a rarer red tactical deck being mentioned but I don't recall seeing one.
I too was looking for the different color backs to put together a Bicycle version of Queens out of Control packet trick.
Jon
When Einstein said insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results, he must not have attempted coin and card manipulations...or am I truly insane?
M. Perk
View Profile
Loyal user
Hilton Head Island
292 Posts

Profile of M. Perk
As far as I know, Bicycle puts out Purple, pink, neon green, silver and black, black, light blue, and your basic red and blue. I have seen these mostly at Target.
CardConjurer
View Profile
Loyal user
South Florida
202 Posts

Profile of CardConjurer
As far as rider back colors go... I have about 20-25 different color back designs, and there is at least 30 if you count the holiday, atlanta 96, and playboy bicycle backs
I like cards.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
If you're in Canada, the Great Canadian Superstore has Bikes in Rummy (league back), Solitaire (high wheel back) and Canasta (fan back).....lots of stock, and only $5.00 Canadian per two deck pack.

They didn't have the Spades (Eagle Back) or the Pinochole (Racer Back) in stock.

Of course they all have those odd little pips and numbers added to them that USPCC feels are required but nobody else does.
It doesn't bother me, but might bother some.
Note that there are two League Backs, the regular Bicycle ones that are hard to find and have normal faces, and the Rummy ones that have the added bits on the faces.

But I still haven't found anyplace selling the new six pack of classic backs, or the series of single classic backs. Worst case is there isn't even any in Canada, and I'm wasting a ton of time looking.
Jesse Feinberg
View Profile
Inner circle
www.jessesmagic.com
1074 Posts

Profile of Jesse Feinberg
Ebay
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Alym Amlani

I think they are right as far a colors go, but I think they have a huge selection with anniversery backs or stuff like Beer, Coke, Pepsi, Monroe, Eagles, Real Bikes(Harleys) Scooby Doo. Things of that sort. I don't remember who but I think it was Wild or Duvier that had a Chameion deck, kind of like that.
absynth
View Profile
New user
Tejas
62 Posts

Profile of absynth
I just got the new Bicycle Black Deck. The backs are the same shade of black as the regular and tactical black decks; however, the border is slightly different. It lacks the small white line around the border perimeter. So it is different.

Has anyone gotten the new Red Bicycle deck? If so, is the back the same shade of red as regular red back decks? Maybe another (slight) variation.
Jon
When Einstein said insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results, he must not have attempted coin and card manipulations...or am I truly insane?
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I love my black bikes. I also highly recommend downloading Black Deck Magic by Chris Jones from Nothing Up My Sleeves - http://www.nothingupmysleeve.co.uk/marketplace/
It has 4 effect/routines exclusively with the unique design of black deck in mind.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
JBetts97
View Profile
New user
Houghton Lake, Michigan
64 Posts

Profile of JBetts97
Magic makers make a rainbow bicycle deck. you can get it on ebay for around $3.00 to $6.00

Jacob(JBetts97)
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
This is the Martini Rainbow Deck, which Magic Makers (I know...) sells along with a DVD of routines. I think it's 50 different USPCC backs from the past and present, including all the different Bicycle Rider back colors and some of the different designs.

Robert
JBetts97
View Profile
New user
Houghton Lake, Michigan
64 Posts

Profile of JBetts97
Oh I didn't know that they had different backs.

Jacob (JBetts97)
JBetts97
View Profile
New user
Houghton Lake, Michigan
64 Posts

Profile of JBetts97
Oh, and thank you veary much.Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Bicycle decks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL