The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Video of Vanishing Bandana being performed (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
sniper1
View Profile
Veteran user
malta eu
343 Posts

Profile of sniper1
One of my favorite tricks , in fact I translated the whole thing in maltese , and funnily enough I found the sock and sausage ryme in maltese infact only the first letter is different .
THE MOST CRAZY MAGICIAN ON THE MALTESE ISLANDS
magicmarkdaniel
View Profile
Special user
Bolton, England UK
831 Posts

Profile of magicmarkdaniel
Just to clarify, the Vanishing Bandanna can be found being performed by joe Pasquale on his "The Everything I Have Ever Done..." DVD in extra features.

I personally use this effect as a time filler and never fails to get a great reaction. Its not the voiceover that makes it funny, its the facial expressions and they way you react to the CD that gets the laugh.

I have seen others do it and not get the reaction it deserves. If you can act the idiot this is a great routine. Of course, every entertainments manager on every holiday park in the UK has seen it, but it doesn't mean every person sat in the audience has seen it.

Mark
Mark Daniel
late night diner
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of late night diner
Of the 2 videos I've seen here, I like the first one best. (Jeff Christianson)
Bursky
View Profile
New user
West Hollywood, Ca.
78 Posts

Profile of Bursky
Cheech & Chong did this when they first became stars.
GarySumpter
View Profile
Special user
UK
857 Posts

Profile of GarySumpter
Quote:
On 2006-07-10 06:14, Bursky wrote:

In that case, I'll pass. If its good enough for them, it's NOT good enough for me Smile:P
derrick
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug holes for
1044 Posts

Profile of derrick
I agree with Smudge above. I love this trick but I had to quit performing it. The problem with it is that it is a great trick that is too easy to perform and too affordable. For those reasons, everybody who fancies themselves to be a magician in my market has got one as is performing it.
pyromagician
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
312 Posts

Profile of pyromagician
I have a video up
http://stupidvideos.com/video/comedy_van......amp;y=97

if that wont work then try
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAqHb7jVnjE

pm me let me know what you think of it
P.S. this is what part of the alphabet would look like if "Q" and "R" were eleminated
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1589 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Quote:
On 2006-07-10 06:58, GarySumpter wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-07-10 06:14, Bursky wrote:

In that case, I'll pass. If its good enough for them, it's NOT good enough for me Smile:P

Yeah, seeing as they've only sold a few million comedy albums and are household names and all.
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Pyro, thanks for sharing your video. You really need to have the bandana and Hank in a box or envelope to start with to make the whole "they sent me the wrong object" gag to make sense. If the banana is sitting on the table then it doesn't really work.

I actually think the whole premiss of the magic shop that actually makes the trick sending the wrong thing doesn't make much sense anyhow. I've performed the effect a couple of times and the last time I went with the line of patter that I recieved the instructions yesterday and sent my little brother out to the shops to get the props.

George
pyromagician
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
312 Posts

Profile of pyromagician
Quote:
On 2006-07-19 07:56, magicgeorge wrote:
Pyro, thanks for sharing your video. You really need to have the bandana and Hank in a box or envelope to start with to make the whole "they sent me the wrong object" gag to make sense. If the banana is sitting on the table then it doesn't really work.

I actually think the whole premiss of the magic shop that actually makes the trick sending the wrong thing doesn't make much sense anyhow. I've performed the effect a couple of times and the last time I went with the line of patter that I recieved the instructions yesterday and sent my little brother out to the shops to get the props.

George

it makes no sence to me for a company to send you a banana in the mail.......... it doesn't need to come out of the box,, hat way is only copying the exact thing they suggested right when you did get it........... I'd rather play the moron, than the "why did they sem=nd me the wrong stuff? oh well I'm still going to do it anyways"
ya know?... thanks for sharing your thoughts though.... what did you think of the video overall?
P.S. this is what part of the alphabet would look like if "Q" and "R" were eleminated
jdbach
View Profile
Regular user
United States
174 Posts

Profile of jdbach
This is one of my favorite effects. If I have time for one effect, this is it. I perform with the CD and act. The effect is all about acting. Giving the audience a chance to laugh is important. Laughter is, as we all know, one of the strongest expressions of delight!!

I'll watch the video in a few minutes and make comment as requested.

Regards,
Joe
pyromagician
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
312 Posts

Profile of pyromagician
Quote:
On 2006-07-25 14:31, joe.bacchus wrote:
This is one of my favorite effects. If I have time for one effect, this is it. I perform with the CD and act. The effect is all about acting. Giving the audience a chance to laugh is important. Laughter is, as we all know, one of the strongest expressions of delight!!

I'll watch the video in a few minutes and make comment as requested.

Regards,
Joe

thanks!,,,, what did you think?......... heck it almost won me 15,000 dollars
jdbach
View Profile
Regular user
United States
174 Posts

Profile of jdbach
Watched the video. Thanks for making the video and providing us an opportunity to see you performing. Some thoughts.... I believe you are missing the "setup" for the effect. All humor has a "setup". Suggest you use the shipping box and introduce this effect with a "reason" for performing and why it was chosen. i.e. the "setup" Now this provides a basis for the effect and a reason for appearing as though you have made the big mistake by performing this for the first time.

Timing is important ....don't anticipate the CD. I drag the movements by waiting and waiting because I'm confused! Use your entire body to give a larger expression to the effect. I like the turned head to the "look natural" line, but suggest you lower the "plam" to your side and look the oposite direction for your "natural look".

I didn't mean to adjudicate here....but just play with this and have some fun. Show it in you face with big expression. The more comic like you can play...the bigger the laughts you will receive. If you are getting giggles...you need to adjust your presentation.

Have fun.

Joe
jdbach
View Profile
Regular user
United States
174 Posts

Profile of jdbach
Pyromagician,
are you attending SEAM in B'ham next week? If so, see you there.

Joe
pyromagician
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
312 Posts

Profile of pyromagician
Quote:
On 2006-07-29 12:18, joe.bacchus wrote:
Pyromagician,
are you attending SEAM in B'ham next week? If so, see you there.

Joe

I'm afraid not,,, starting a new job on tuesday...

thansk for your reply to my video as well!
MagicB1S
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville Tenn.
1039 Posts

Profile of MagicB1S
If I can add my two cents..... Absolutly the set up is a Big part of this effect. I have taken the Vanishing Bandanna One step Further ( to my knowledge nobody else does this and you are all welcome to add it to your routine) At the end of the routine you show that the Bannana Is indeed GONE As the CD Says "Remember a Good Magician Never Tells the Secret" At this point I reach in the Acme Box and Pull out a Yellow Bandana and wipe my forhead with it and then with a confusing look I glare at the bandana as if It was me that made the mistake and chose the wrong prop. Just my two cents.... It works well for me Maybe it will work for you as well
"There are Tricks To All Trades.... My Trade is all Tricks"

"An amature practices until he gets it right. A Professional Practices until he can't get it wrong"

www.Themagicchest.webs.com
bobswislosky@yahoo.com
pyromagician
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
312 Posts

Profile of pyromagician
Quote:
On 2006-08-03 19:47, MagicB1S wrote:
If I can add my two cents..... Absolutly the set up is a Big part of this effect. I have taken the Vanishing Bandanna One step Further ( to my knowledge nobody else does this and you are all welcome to add it to your routine) At the end of the routine you show that the Bannana Is indeed GONE As the CD Says "Remember a Good Magician Never Tells the Secret" At this point I reach in the Acme Box and Pull out a Yellow Bandana and wipe my forhead with it and then with a confusing look I glare at the bandana as if It was me that made the mistake and chose the wrong prop. Just my two cents.... It works well for me Maybe it will work for you as well

haha I like it,,,
RichieB
View Profile
New user
Southport, UK
32 Posts

Profile of RichieB
I have performed this effect a few times on kmy own, but I think it is much funnier when done in a double act. 1 of you reading out the instructions and the other doing the actions. You can play off each other and whisper to each other, as if it has actually gone wrong!
Amazingly simple and amazingly effective, absolutly brilliant!
Magic is a Tricky Business

Richard Baxter
Xtreme @ 16
pyromagician
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
312 Posts

Profile of pyromagician
I just did something with it the other day!!! I had someone come up to the stage with me and we each had our own box.... they had a banana in their box and I had the bandana and the trick worked out for me but they had a banana flying across the stage!
Gary
tomthemagicman
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of tomthemagicman
Does anyone know where I can download the audio file free?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Video of Vanishing Bandana being performed (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL