The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Video of Vanishing Bandana being performed (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Alym Amlani
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1465 Posts

Profile of Alym Amlani
Quote:
On 2006-08-11 22:52, tomthemagicman wrote:
Does anyone know where I can download the audio file free?

[begin sarcasm]
Sure! Then you don't have to buy it right?
I'm sure people would be happy to help you out
[end sarcasm]
Logic Defied
jdbach
View Profile
Regular user
United States
174 Posts

Profile of jdbach
Tom the magician. Buy the trick and invest in your professionalism, ethics and encourage the trade to develop new material for you!
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1039 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
This would be a great rountine for Laurel & Hardy.
In loving memory of Hughie Thomasson 1952-2007.

You brought something beautiful to this world, you touched my heart, my soul and my life. You will be greatly missed.

Until we meet again “my old friend”.
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1707 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Great advice from all guys-Thanks

I have a confession to make- I perform over a 100 shows a year mainly corporate as well as many shows in Full Theatres, clubs etc as I also tour with a International hypnotist countrywide & are the opening act & have a well established act

I have never performed the Vanishing Bandanna!!!-but after reading this forum I will give it a go in my next shows thanks to you all

Why I never now but one of my highlights after all the music segments etc is Silk to egg that plays well for 100 or 1000 people

I guess I thought too many people did this, bandanna- so wasnt worth the time to include this

I have this in my cupboard, picked it up recently-the new version with CD but have never used it!!

Will keep you posted

Thanks again from a working Pro

-Brent
RichieB
View Profile
New user
Southport, UK
32 Posts

Profile of RichieB
Please do keep us posted! it's a brilliant effect and one that 'more or less' guarentees laughter. one of my favourites to be honest.

Richard
Magic is a Tricky Business

Richard Baxter
Xtreme @ 16
magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
Any concern that it somewhat exposes palming to laypeople? If you actually use palming later in your show, will the audience be more suspicious/aware of the possibility after "learning how" with the banana?
B. Robert Pulver

The "I Hate Card Tricks!" Book of Card Tricks Vol. 1, 2, and 3
Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
http://www.magicnook.com/magicbob
sniper1
View Profile
Veteran user
malta eu
343 Posts

Profile of sniper1
Quote:
On 2006-10-08 23:17, magicbob116 wrote:
Any concern that it somewhat exposes palming to laypeople? If you actually use palming later in your show, will the audience be more suspicious/aware of the possibility after "learning how" with the banana?

no not really , if you execute plaming perfectly , no one should suspect it .
and remember while doing the banana trick , you are exagerating palming greatly
THE MOST CRAZY MAGICIAN ON THE MALTESE ISLANDS
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1490 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Quote:
On 2006-10-08 23:17, magicbob116 wrote:
Terry Evanswood does a version where instead of saying "this is called palming" the audio says "this is called holding it in your left hand" which adds another chuckle
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
This is a funny effect! I love comedy magic. How did this get past me? I have not seen it before but now I have to get it!

Ah...the interesting places my magical journey continues to take me.

Mark.
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1603 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
The effect itself is funny, not hilarious but funny. What makes it hilarious is your presentation, reactions and your facial expressions. I've been performing this on and off for about 2 years now. The more I do it, the more I get better at it as I am able to add new expressions etc. I also have a "yellow bandanna" in my pocket. At the end, I pull it out to wipe my face and hands on. It's a funny little surprise for the end. Smile

JIM
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
This one has just recently died for me. I've changed SOMETHING in my presentation and suddenly I get far less laughs!

Can't figure it out.
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I'm just curious about something regarding this routine. I understand the plot of the tape saying to use a yellow bandana but all the magician has is a banana. And that the humor is that the magicain keeps going and folds the banana. But I was wondering if there are any other funny lines on the tape that plays. I'm just curious (because of my deafness). I can see how it'd be funny either way though.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Bridgewater
View Profile
Regular user
North Carolina
184 Posts

Profile of Bridgewater
Am I the only person that does not like the voiceover for this trick? If I was going to perform this, I think I'd have a local radio personality re-record the script.
I don't want to give offense, but the lady on the tape does not sound like a pro.
"Don't run with those..."
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1603 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
JAXON,
I perform this 3-8 times a week in my stage show. One of the funny lines is "show the audience that is is a regular bandanna. If an audience member does not believe that is it is regular bandanna, allow him to wipe his face with it". At this point, I make a pointing gesture toward an audience member as if to say, "you wanna try this?".

Oh heck, maybe I'll just have them film me this weekend performing it and post it. Smile

JIM
Bendy
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
504 Posts

Profile of Bendy
Quote:
On 2006-04-07 16:46, GarySumpter wrote:

Is the accompanying CD funny? Is it well produced or un-necessary?

Cheers

Gary

It's okay. In my opinion, it slightly rushes through a couple of places. The part where you pick up the piece of cloth, draw the four corners together to make a bag and drop in the banana is dictated just a fraction faster than I can move while still being smooth about it. Other than that, it's not too far off from what Copperfield did, (except, of course, that it's a female voice, rather than the voice of a Mr. Rogers impersonator). And that's the other thing...the lady's voice lacks...something. I don't know what; but it definitely lacks something.
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1603 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
Bendy,
I think the word you are looking for is "Personallity". Smile

JIM
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1073 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
When I saw this performed at Vegas by the Ladies of Magic, it wasn't that funny to me. Maybe I was focused on something else.

As for my own personal use, I don't get much consistent reactions with this. I try to do everything the same, exagerrated expressions and movements, but some audiences plays better than others.

Sometimes I'll bring a child or adult volunteer to "do the magic." One time, this kid was such a ham. When the audio said that if someone doesn't believe it's a real bandana, have them wipe their face with it. Well, the kid took the folded up banana and proceeded to wipe his face with it! Bits and pieces of banana stuck to his face and hair and some fell to the floor. I was utterly shocked!
thecardtrick
View Profile
New user
Northern NJ
72 Posts

Profile of thecardtrick
Itsmagic: Great story.

Nice videos and posts. I'm thinking about doing an act with this where my sidekick and I explain that ACME Magic must have mixed up the props, but the show must go on.

Then, perhaps, at the end we see a note saying, "Thanks for buying, please enjoy the complementary banana."

Guys, bananas have infite potential for comedy. Take a half hour to brainstorm on this and your vanishing banana routine could improve exponentially.
Sonny Vegas
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, Illinois - USA
199 Posts

Profile of Sonny Vegas
Hey Crew!

I just have picked up the trick and feel, with a young crowd this trick should be a killer.

My Question is: The box has a hidden compartment with a nylon backing, nowhere on the instructions does it say what to use the section on the box for. It does mention it, but I see no use for it....unless it is there to produce another banana. Not sure.

Can anyone explain this gaff in the box to me?

Thanks,
Sonny
Believe in yourself and the magic will come.

www.SonnyVegas.com
www.TheVegasBrothers.com
Eric Lott
View Profile
New user
Michigan
85 Posts

Profile of Eric Lott
Hey Sonny,

You're exactly right. The nylon/pantyhose type of material is used to reproduce the banana. The instruction CD I got includes a section where she says basically "if the trick didn't work, start over" at which point you reproduce the banana.

Here's a clip of me performing VB. This was my first ever stage performance so you'll have to forgive me a little bit. There are some obvious flaws. I'm a high school teacher and I was asked to perform at our school's talent show. The VB performance is near the end. The entire clip is about 13 minutes long.

http://216.11.32.80/elott/magic/STAR%20Awards.wmv
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Video of Vanishing Bandana being performed (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL