The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Stuck shell (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
AutarchicFlux
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of AutarchicFlux
Oh my GOSH you guys, I can't thank you all enough. I've just spent the last hour nearly convinced I'd ruined a $400 set of Lassen coins by accidentally leaving it in my pocket and sending it through the wash. The trick of placing a silk between coin and shell before pushing them together solved my problem after about 15 minutes of work. Hooray!
Isper
View Profile
Veteran user
367 Posts

Profile of Isper
Hello,

I know this is an old thread, but wanted to say thank you for the excellent advice here. I was able to fix a shell that I thought I couldn't use with the handkerchief method.
Than you very much!
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1103 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2006, Brad Burt wrote:

Now, lets assume that you expanded shell gets a little banged up. The following MAY work. Many times it is all you have to do to rehabilitate a shell. You need a think hanky. I like to use an old Hyrum the Haunted Hank. They have turned out to be almost perfect for this job. Set a normal coin on the table or pad. Now cover with a single layer of the hanky. Now, carefully press the shell onto the coin on the table and on top of the hanky. Do this a little bit at first and then check the shell and see if it is ok. If not continue until you have pressed it all the way onto the coin. It will now be stuck because of the hanky. Don't prize the shell off....just pull opposite ends of the hanky until it pops off.

If this doesn't work you will have to send it back to a manufacturer like Johnson Products to be fixed, but you will be amazed at how well this does work! All best,

I have a UWC Todd Lassen set and you just saved my life! Thank you! I used to know this when I was like 115 and now at 56 . . . with your kick in my rear . . . I remembered! Thank you so much! I also remembered the following: ONCE you have corrected the shell with the cloth, take the coin in the center of the cloth with the shell over the coin mate. Work the cloth around the shell on the coin pushing the rim "over" the coin bit by bit rotating in a circle. Doing this over and over (maybe 5 times pressing hard with your thumb on the edge, seems to form the shell more evenly around the mate coin. Just worked my Lassen set.
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Stuck shell (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL