The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Match to Rose (Deluxe) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

junkdz
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of junkdz
I've seen several places offering match-to-rose effects, for prices varying from around $4 to $12. The $12 version is sometimes refered to as deluxe, sometimes as locking. Usually there is next to no description of these effects. WHat's the difference?

For either, can the rose be a giveaway and later replaced/refilled with real (or cloth/paper) roses?

Thanks
Montgomeryville Magician http://www.dzmagic.com Philadelphia Magician
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The Match to Rose is a cloth rose. It is an item from India. I am unaware of more then one manufacturer. The rose cannot be given out or replaced or a real rose put in its place.

The best version was the original carnation made by Magic Inc. years ago. I do not know if they still make this item, but you can inquire from them.

The match can be replaced and must be replaced for each showing.

The difference is probably price competition. Some sell with very little profit and other sell for more.

As a teenager, I use to do this effect after lighting a candle. It is a good effect. You can place the flower in your button hole of your jacket or place in the breast pocket. Of course I am talking about a sport jacket or suit jacket. Not a casual jacket.
Conus
View Profile
Special user
657 Posts

Profile of Conus
You can see this performed in the 1953 movie "Lili."
magic4ewe
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of magic4ewe
Would you recommend this product? I am trying to put together a floral-themed routine and I like your idea of lighting a candle and then having it changed to a flower.

Thanks!
jkvand
View Profile
Special user
Johnstown, PA
658 Posts

Profile of jkvand
I'd recommend using a 'torch to rose' rather than a 'match to rose.' The torch to rose is about 12" tall, whereas the match to rose is only about 3". Obviously, the torch flames a lot more than the match as well, and is just overall much more visual and impacting, IMHO. Best of luck, Jeff
magic4ewe
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of magic4ewe
Might as well ask....

Without revealing gimmicks, with either of these two items are you required to "conceal" anything with your hands? I have extremely small hands so this is sometimes difficult for me.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
The Ireland match to flower uses an artificial carnation. You could change that and fit on a smaller rose, or any other artificial (or maybe real) flower. It is the best. Check http://www.magicinc.net
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Match to Rose (Deluxe) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL