The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Induction Music (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Scotty Mac
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of Scotty Mac
Was just wondering what everyone is using for induction music. I'm looking for something without bird sounds, chanting monks, and sounds of crashing waves that's long enough for the induction and deepening (around 7 - 9 minutes).

Scott
procyonrising
View Profile
Special user
New York
698 Posts

Profile of procyonrising
Hello Scott,

Richard Bandler gave me some hints for developing the music we distribute for free at IMBRE. (It's the music I use.) The main website is http://www.imbre.org, though the download website is the invitation-only http://www.hypnosisauthority.com

Richard has some hyp music, available at purenlp.com, which he uses in his trainings. George Bien also has some good music (really good! he's an amazing musician), available only through him: http://www.georgebien.com

A lot of people recommend Richard Osterlind's hyp music too, which is probably worth looking into: osterlindmysteries.com
Spinnato
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of Spinnato
Quote:

A lot of people recommend Richard Osterlind's hyp music too, which is probably worth looking into: osterlindmysteries.com

Osterlind's been my choice for over 15 years.
HypnotizeAmerica
View Profile
Veteran user
399 Posts

Profile of HypnotizeAmerica
I don't use music in my show. Works just fine.
Spinnato
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of Spinnato
No music?
Nothing?
HypnotizeAmerica
View Profile
Veteran user
399 Posts

Not a note of music for the whole show and only one prop which fits in my coat pocket. I know I know, but what about this and that. I'm the show along with the people on stage. I ask the people to use their imagination on stage and out in the audience. I use to do it all (music, props, etc). The person who has seen my show the most said it is getting better and better without the props and music.
Spinnato
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of Spinnato
I'm impressed.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Not me.

The show can easily be done this way. But the question is why?

The show is as much if not more for the audience. The music, props and blocking, everything is for their benifit. Otherwise why even open their eyes at all?

It cripples the show to not use these tools for the audience.

It may or may not help volunteers, but it definatly helps the audience.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
HypnotizeAmerica
View Profile
Veteran user
399 Posts

Danny -

I understand but let me say this - I can entertain an entire audience with nothing more than a few band aids (my only prop). Could I use wigs, sound cues, etc - yes of course I could and have but I like walking in a place and out of a place with nothing but a check. Like I said until I tried it I never thought it was possible but now that I do it like this I don't see another way. How has the audience responded? Last show, the teacher, who books me every semester says it is the best show I've ever done - including the ones with props and music.

Not for everyone, but it works for me.
HypnotizeAmerica
View Profile
Veteran user
399 Posts

Here is one more thing - I think some people hid behind the props and music and have a weak show. I try to make my show the strongest it can be and then if I see fit I could add some stuff. But the more you add the more that can go wrong with it. I am a simple man, and it works well for all involved. I can do my show anywhere, anytime without prep time.

Again not for everyone, but it works for me.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
As I said you can still be the same person, do the same quality of show, and still use props and music.

Here is the problem I see with your reasoning, and many suffer from it in entertainment.

At what point in your sentence "I like walking into a place and out with nothing but a check" is the audience considered? We do the show for the audience do we not? It is not about us? ESPECIALLY our show. It is about the volunteers and the audienc3e.

I am not saying it is not possible with this method. I am not saying it is not good with this method. I am saying however, it can definatly be done better with music and props.

Indeed many many guys use them as cruches. I believe that it makes sense to be able to do the show as you speak. I have many times. But why not strive to be the best we can?

IF these things add to a show and the quaility is still the same, why not add them? Out of pride? Out of proving something? Silly reasons I feel. It is about the audience.

I am again not saying your not doing a great job as is. BUT why do it is my point.

To make a movie with no music and jump cuts and low production values is possible. It is just not as entertaining and engaging for the audience. If they are gonna pay $25 of their hard earned dollars to see me, I am going to give them something to say WOW about. Everything I can.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Rudy Sanchez
View Profile
Special user
907 Posts

Profile of Rudy Sanchez
Great Posts Danny! Words of wisdom from a working pro!

Thanks,

Rudy
www.cesaral.com
Sales Manager for Cesaral Magic
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Brilliant & well said Danny

Having just finished last week touring 17 cities & towns with a Top International Hypnotist to sell out crowds at every venue

Its all about being the best possible entertainer you & your show can be! The show is fine tuned to the absolute best possible skits & fun for the audience!!

To me a show without music is a crime!

Our finale has all the subjects getting the crowd to clap their hands while there walking in & out of the aisles to music & then sit on the nearest person when music changes telling them how lovely they really are!!! etc-The place is a riot of fun & laughter!

I could not imagine doing this without music as the show would not be the best it can be! for the audience watching.

Just our few cents worth!!!
dan parker
View Profile
New user
Germany
51 Posts

Profile of dan parker
Carmina Burana rocks...

but I compose my music myself, because of the difficulties with gema licences... I don't know if it is in the US the same... hope for some answers...
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Quote:
On 2006-04-11 14:09, Scotty Mac wrote:
Was just wondering what everyone is using for induction music. I'm looking for something without bird sounds, chanting monks, and sounds of crashing waves that's long enough for the induction and deepening (around 7 - 9 minutes).

Scott

Back to original query!!

1492 Movie soundtrack by Van Gelis has some brilliant tracks for induction

Cheers

-Brent
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
My band wrote mine.

works perfect, and these guys work for beer.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
HypnotizeAmerica
View Profile
Veteran user
399 Posts

Danny -

Sorry I haven't been around much to respond but my day job is keeping me more than busy. As far as music and walking out with a check that is a line I stole from someone else.

I did a high school gig without the music (induction, sound bites, etc) and it worked great. The teacher and the students (my audience) loved the show and the reviews were the best ever. My goal is to be entertaining and energetic and provide a great show for the people on stage and watching it. I compare it a lot to stand up comedy - just me and a mic.

I know a lot of stage hypnotist wouldn't go this route - they stand behind props, and music because they feel they add to show and in some cases (and I speak from experience) it helps boost a weak show.

We'll have to agree to disagree with this topic I guess which is fine. We both understand the others opinion of this topic. And not once did we mention Geoff Ronning's name in this thread (lol).
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Well we can NOT agree to disagree for a couple reasons.

First I USE music and props. YOU are saying I have a weak show because of it without even seeing it. The idea that you don't even realise words mean things, makes me wonder about YOUR show.

Don't make statements like that even when you qualify them. They are flat out wrong and show just how little you know about theater and how to perform.

The things you mention are "tools" to be used by a performer. You are doing the equivilant of building a house without a hammer. Sure it could be done but a skilled craftsman would never even consider trying.

Does a carpenter hide behind his "tools" or a painter or any other artisin? Of course not. THIS is why you are wrong. The tool is not the problem, it is the use of that tool that makes or breaks any artisan.

Good stand up comedy is a LOT more than a guy and a mic. (worked comedy clubs for 20 years trust me here).

Agree to disagree? Sorry but no. You blame the tools you used becuase you were lazy and didn't do a good enough show. Sounds like a personal problem to me. Maybe if you took the same attitude you have now, and applied it to the show with "tools", you would really have something.

What you describe is a bad thing to do to an audience. You never once consider them in the equasion. Where did you ever think of them? They are the ones we do the show for.Otherwise all hypnosis is all just "theory".
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
HypnotizeAmerica
View Profile
Veteran user
399 Posts

Danny -

Do me a favor, go out tonight and have a drink and relax. Send me the bill, I'd be more than happy to pay for it so you can take a load off. I'd also like you to go back and re read my post and notice that I didn't say half the things you thought I did.

I never said that everyone who uses props and music has a weak show, I said that SOME people who use them do have a weak show and hide behind them. I even said I had been guilty of it myself - in the past. I know a ton of hypnotist who use them and it does wonders for their show. I choose not to, it's a person decision that I don't use them and I think my show is just as good as others out there.

As far as the audiences that attend my show or the places that book me - I've always been asked to do repeat shows and heard nothing but postive comments about the show based on how I do it.

In a way it's a lot like cooking to me - there are a million ways to make most dishes and come out with the same result. No one is right or wrong and as long as the customer is happy then I am too.

Have a good one Danny, talk with you soon.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
See your right it is like cooking. And if a person has never been offered a different way they never know the difference.

I made my point, I am done.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Induction Music (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL