The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Svengali deck (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
I heard Charles Gauci, well known international mentalist performer say at a lecture he uses Svengali at Corporate events worldwide with huge success..
furmanmatt
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
217 Posts

Profile of furmanmatt
Lol, just read some of this thread. I just put out a performance video with the Svengali deck. It is an UNBELIEVABLE trick. Drop the mic.

https://youtu.be/WqIEcG6FRGo
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, California
888 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Quote:
On May 7, 2020, furmanmatt wrote:
Lol, just read some of this thread. I just put out a performance video with the Svengali deck. It is an UNBELIEVABLE trick. Drop the mic.

https://youtu.be/WqIEcG6FRGo

All good, except, as I said above, I don't like showing "all" the cards the same. IMO, it diminishes your ambitious card moves (which I like in your performance, BTW), and signals "it's a Svengali deck." Until then the deck is in "stealth" mode.
ejohn
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
723 Posts

Profile of ejohn
Liam Montier’s ADJECTIVE is a lovely effect accomplished with a altered Sven deck.
garymey
View Profile
New user
gary meyer
28 Posts

Profile of garymey
Does anyone know of a vampire-themed Svengali deck?

I have a routine that requires cards with a heart in the middle (Ace, 3,5,9)to be easily forced. Svengali works best because wherever the volunteer stops me I have both the card above and below pulled out to be placed in a card frame but I do not show the heart card until after the stake has gone through the cards and glass with the stake withdrawn.
hypnoman1
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of hypnoman1
Quote:
On Apr 14, 2020, Brent McLeod wrote:
I heard Charles Gauci, well known international mentalist performer say at a lecture he uses Svengali at Corporate events worldwide with huge success..

I think that he has taught a routine with Svengali on one of his old videos
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice.
Joseph Dunninger
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, California
888 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Liam Montier also has available an ACAAN using a reverse Svengali deck. He credits David Britland's description of the effect by way of a link. Check it out.

https://www.kaymarmagic.com/products/reverse-svengali-deck

Magical Regards,
Phil
jack_shields
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of jack_shields
I love using a Sven deck, and although basic it can be used to great effect if handled correctly.

It would be good to hear about some unique uses...
Kind regards
Jack
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Svengali deck (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL