The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Very Nice Cups (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1946 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
LAY OFF OF GAZZO! he is the epitome of everything condemned by the general populous of this forum and is lauded for it. I myself love his horribly wrong and incorrect style of performance.

Aside from that statement, I love those cups and would sell a child (Wait till I have on I don't love as much as the others) for a set. I look to the Sherwood site whenever I feel the need for masochism. Also I look to Mr. Palmer's museum when I want to go crazy with lust. I have to beg my wife incessantly for a set of any Sherwood's, I say: "As the man of the house I order you to give me permission to buy those cups", hasn't worked so far.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
My Foxy cups are real babes!

(I think the last time I heard a pretty girl referred to as a "fox" was in 1979.)
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
James Kernen
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona
160 Posts

Profile of James Kernen
The cups don't matter though I like certain ones better.... You use the ones you have and you do with what you can, and then you have favorites. Just like everything else in life. Some of them are prettier than others and some of them just get the job done. If you are lucky, they are both pretty and purposeful..... these are my Sherwoods....
geemack
View Profile
Loyal user
Greg McNeil Peoria,Illinois
294 Posts

Profile of geemack
Quote:
On 2006-04-14 22:08, Chessmann wrote...

My Foxy cups are real babes!

(I think the last time I heard a pretty girl referred to as a "fox" was in 1979.)

And my Babe Cups are real foxes! Smile
doublelift
View Profile
Veteran user
342 Posts

Profile of doublelift
Quote:
On 2006-04-14 13:55, Gary Dayton wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-04-14 12:34, doublelift wrote:
Are Fox cups made using real foxes? Perhaps that is why they aren't made anymore. Animal rights......? Smile

If you're worried about those poor, innocent foxes, maybe you'd want to consider the Phoenix cups as an alternative. They raise birds from the dead ........ Very PC. Smile Smile

My Phoenix cups still look pretty dead. Maybe the Fox cups got into the "coup" they come in................
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1958 Posts

Profile of kregg
I liked them in silver so much, I also picked up a set in gold. The bad thing is... they are so nice, I'm afraid to use them.
POOF!
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1958 Posts

Profile of kregg
Bill Palmer's museum... WOW!!!
What a fantastic collection.
POOF!
garyanimal
View Profile
Regular user
UK
136 Posts

Profile of garyanimal
I'll be back in the cup biz next year. I'm going to redesign all my cups and start again with some new Kiwi stamp in them to mark my move to NZ.
Gazzo cups should be available via penguin soon. My other designs will not be.
Animal
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Gary,
I'm glad you're still around! What's this I hear about you returning to the U.K.? Or was that just for a visit?

I'll be looking forward to your Kiwi line of cups. If they're anything like your previous cups I know you'll do well with them.

I'm curious. You don't have to answer if you don't want to(or not allowed to talk details). Will you be spinning the Gazzos for Penguin?
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13384 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Quote:
On 2006-06-18 11:21, garyanimal wrote:
I'll be back in the cup biz next year. I'm going to redesign all my cups and start again with some new Kiwi stamp in them to mark my move to NZ.
Gazzo cups should be available via penguin soon. My other designs will not be.
Animal

More cups!!! Woo Hoo!!!
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
flimnar
View Profile
Special user
Salt Lake
577 Posts

Profile of flimnar
Terrific! Glad to know there will be "Animals" of any kind back in the cups and balls world...

Flimnar
"This one goes to eleven..." Nigel Tufnel
cfrye
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon, USA
941 Posts

Profile of cfrye
I look forward to seeing your new cups, Gary! As with Dave, I'd be interested in hearing how, and where, you're getting on.

Curt
StevenKidwell
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of StevenKidwell
Since this post was started talking about the engraved Sherwood cups, I thought it would be of interest to point out that, at least for a little while, they will be very scarce. Brett is currently out of stock because of the price of silver. I've always been very curious as to what number in the 1000 cup run is he on. I'm also surprised that the gold plated versions are still available, as they were available in smaller numbers- 150 sets I think. I've owned my set of sterling silver engraved cups for a few years now, they are my most prized "magic" possession, I think I have set 72 of 1000.

James Riser has always said it best, and I'm paraphrasing here, "if you want a set, don't wait because they probably won't be available tomorrow." That very thing has happen to me so many times I can't count. "Oh, I'll buy it next time I see it" then I never see it again!

Steve
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24243 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
When you get into the collecting game as late as I did, you learn patience. I have been waiting for two particular sets for a couple of years now. I finally got them.

They will be up in the museum RSN.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
BSutter
View Profile
Special user
Sitting on a pile of
582 Posts

Profile of BSutter
Indeed the Sherwood Cups have no equal. I am aware of (2) collections in the U.S.A. that feature one of each style Brett offers, one of these collections also features at least one of Brett's Chop Cups.

I have:
Smooth Silver 3 of 10
Smooth Silver Gold Interior 2 of 10
Smooth Silver All Gold Plated 7 of 10
Silver Engraved 100 of 1000 Brett felt this number significant as our initials are the same.
Silver Engraved With Gold Highlights and Interior 39 of 250
Silver Engraved All Gold Plated 22 of 150
Smooth Brass
Smooth Copper

I'm done bragging, I like my Cups!! Smile

Bill Sutter
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24243 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I have to second that, Bill. Sherwoods are wonderful cups. And Sherwood is a really nice guy -- no BS.

(I meant that in the nicest way possible.)
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

swtrocks
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
206 Posts

Profile of swtrocks
Gary, are the Gazzo cups which will be sold by Penguin be small or large top?

Steven
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I heard this from the source. Gazzo hates the small tops!
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24243 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
No wonder. When he started with his PF?DD cups, they had a larger dimple in the bottom. This was gradually closed by Gazzo pounding on them.

Hey, it happens!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

swtrocks
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
206 Posts

Profile of swtrocks
But if Gazzo hated small tops, why did he let Gary Animal associate his name with the first run of the Gazzo street cups?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Very Nice Cups (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL