The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » “Shot Glass Surprise” by Eugene Burger (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1634 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
He's a great magician, and it's a great effect, but........as Austin Powers would say, "It's not my bag, baby".

JIM
meyegr
View Profile
Special user
Only able to muster
800 Posts

Profile of meyegr
Quote:
On 2006-04-15 20:29, Mr Amazeo wrote:
I thought he used doggie bags from his restaurant? Barf bags could be a funny idea, but they might be too tough to come by. How about the coffee bags you get at the market to buy bulk coffee beans with?

I think just about any bag would do.

Real easy to come by, if you fly. I have many (unused, of course Smile ).
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
We have used this one, and I find that the mini gift bags from the local craft store, in the very nice colors, work just fine. I also know of several others who use this item in San Francisco with much success.
k
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
magicodine
View Profile
Loyal user
italy
202 Posts

Profile of magicodine
Just a question... do you need a jacket to permorm the effect?
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
You need a pocket. A jacket pocket is best but if you have loose pants that can hold a shot glass without someone saying "is that a shot in your pocket or do you just like me?" then you are home free.

Honestly, I never liked this trick for me! I much prefer old Sam Berland's method or even Osterlind's method for producing a glass of fluid from a bag (or a hank).

Honestly,I know a number of magicians that own this but I’ve never seen anyone performit.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
It was $40 bucks when this first came out. I think the bags were red. His idea to use air sick bags as refills was perhaps one of the worst suggestions ever given. He performed it on his Gourmet Close-up VHS that was filmed at Biggs Restaurant in Chicago ( now closed ). But he was in an area outside the dining room and bar. I'd be surprised to hear that anyone has every used it table hopping. But, since I recently saw an Applebees Magician on youtube perform Goshman's Ding Dong, who knows.
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
I sometimes use this at the end of a private party for the person who is paying me. I am often asked if I would like something to eat before I leave, in these cases I say sure but I'll take it to go. I pull a "doggie bag" from my pocket which gets a laugh then I reach in, produce the shot a thank the host for a wonderful evening.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-12-20 12:29, Daryl -the other brother wrote:
I sometimes use this at the end of a private party for the person who is paying me. I am often asked if I would like something to eat before I leave, in these cases I say sure but I'll take it to go. I pull a "doggie bag" from my pocket which gets a laugh then I reach in, produce the shot a thank the host for a wonderful evening.

Well, that's just over the top funny!
RussoMagic.com
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Profile of RussoMagic.com
I'm a HUGE fan of Burger. I bought the original version ($40) and laughed when I saw that I got a plastic shot glass & few balloons. I also bought the tape and thought I should have done that first. I have performed a few times, its not in my main set for a bit. I liked the ball idea, but recently my bro bought me 'stabbed & shot' trick.. Its a double effect - Card stab w/a shotglass production. I would highly recommend it for the shot glass... one it's a real glass shotglass and a perfect lid that snaps over the top. It is superior to using a ball or a balloon.
jcigam
View Profile
Special user
Bellevue, Nebraska
512 Posts

Profile of jcigam
Crazy, I commented on this post back in 2006...I still use it, still love it. I use a paper lunch type bag and a rubber stopper which fits the shot glass I use. I always close out my private home shows with this.
"The mind has exactly the same power as the hand, not merely to grasp the world, but to change it."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » “Shot Glass Surprise” by Eugene Burger (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL