The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Building a Tip- Don Driver (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2006-05-16 16:00, Mario Morris wrote:

the hard thing we face in the UK is our lowest paper currancy is a £5 note any thoughts on that.

Would it work to use blank checks, promising(?) to turn them into £5 notes?
~michael baker
The Magic Company
bropaul
View Profile
Loyal user
Florida
222 Posts

Profile of bropaul
Mario:

Sure it's tough to get the crowd the way I want them all the time, but this is a thing that seemed to work for me with the personality that I have.

I did try a bit from Danny Hustle where I handed the rope out to people and then had them invite their friends up to stand with them and help hold the rope. At that point, I moved the holders of the rope around until I had the circle size and shape that I wanted and told everybody to move up next to them and that worked very well. I had them lay the rope down and had everyone else give them a big round of applause. This worked great to make the circle part of the show. I still think you have to trick 'em. Thanks Danny...

But when I started using Don's bally, it made me laugh out loud. You see he tells you not to make eye contact with them just look down and talk up your stuff. When I looked up the first time I had a brick wall of people wanting to cross the rope to get closer, I had to ask them to step back so everyone could see.

I saw the potential and started writing and re-writing to make this work for me. As if I really had to. It's good. It works and I'm looking forward to trying it in the streets of Renaissance Festivals this year just for the fun of it. I'll let you know how it goes.

I'm also sure that it will not work for everyone. It really depends on your style and what you want to do with these guys. There are several great ways to draw the tip in and in the right hands, they all work.
Bro. Paul West

www.BrotherPaulMagic.com
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
It really does work...and works good.The best thing,its not hard at all to learn.

Don
bropaul
View Profile
Loyal user
Florida
222 Posts

Profile of bropaul
Thanks Don for putting this information out. As I said, I'd love to carry it in my lectures and get it in every buskers hands. If for nothing else to give them something to think about.

Great stuff and I'll always be thankful for it. Got anything else up your sleeve?
Bro. Paul West

www.BrotherPaulMagic.com
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Don- I noticed that while doing the Bally you first called your pet "Pete" and then later you call it George - was this a mistake by mistake or a mistake on purpose? If it was on purpose, what is the thinking on that?
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Here's my field report. When I first watched this, I thought, man, that takes some nerve. You promise them something very interesting, but don't do it. Don says just give it a try the way that it's written.

I just got back from working a small fair where the conditions were far from ideal. The crowds were light and the weather was hot. My busking show had to be short. I tried Don's bally with a few touches to make it mine.

This is about the closest thing to an actual magical spell that I have ever done. People came running over, just like on the video. This thing is brilliant!

Thanks very much, Don!

Yours,

Paul
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
LOL, Doc Wilson that's great! I love to hear stories like that. It's so funny that Don has never busked, but he would read post after post on this site, people asking "how can I draw a crowd, how can I build a tip?".

Don said to himself. "Hell, I know how to draw a crowd" so he puts this DVD out and it's been praised by practically everyone who has tried it. With VERY FEW exceptions. He wasn't BS'ing. He really knew a wonderful way to build a tip. One of those real gems that NOONE except a select few had ever heard of. And now it's working for a whole new group of people and will live on. I just think it's great.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Hey Dr.Wilson,
That dosen't surprise me at all...this thing WORKS and its not hard to learn.Thanks for your report.I bet you made the price of the DVD back the first time out.

Marvello,
That was just a mistake and not on purpose.It goes to show you how much the "marks" pay attention.

Vandy,
See you in Colon Aug.1-5th

Thanks Guys,
Don
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Hey Don,

I made the price of the DVD in one pitch, yes. And you can learn this without using any Dr. Wilson's Memory Elixir, but of course a few bottles never hurt anybody.

So when are you going to do a Jam Auction DVD, or is that too closely guarded?

Yours,

Paul
nostromo
View Profile
New user
Pensacola, Fla
79 Posts

Profile of nostromo
To echo Dr Wilson,

When ya gonna do a jam auction video, Don? PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!?!?!?!? Need any help? Lend you a camcorder? Do the post production? Transcribe the audio into paper? Print DVD labels? Wax your car?

Got your two DVD's just a bit ago and am absolutely floored by how easy and professional you make it look! Suppose 40 years of practice helps? Been practicing to see how much I can make off our local club and at our annual charity show. After warming up there, who knows?

I've heard about Jam Auctions and seen one once as a kid. And have been dying to do them, especially since I started hanging around with a retired cop that saw Bob Brown and Jay Marshall take-uh- 'sell' and 'entertain' a whole room of 'Confidence Crime' cops!

Best wishes!
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Hi nostromo,
I'm on the road just now.Next spot will be the New Mexico state fair,Sept 8th till Sept 24th.
If I do another DVD it WILL be on the JAM AUCTION.I'll do it will Steve at http://www.magicpitch.com. By the way Steve has taken over all sales of my two dvd's.

I'll be sure to keep everyone informed.
Thanks Don
madmanmike1
View Profile
New user
Canada (Ontario)
94 Posts

Profile of madmanmike1
So, can anyone say if this will work with $5 bills? I don't see a responce to that question. I need a better way to draw a crowd, and Don's DVD seems like "the bible of busking" from some of the posts here. but being in Canada the lowest bill we have is a $5. So will it work?

- I have no idea what Don's patter entails or how the money enters into the pitch
"it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide!"
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Fives will work....

Don
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
I tried this a few weeks ago. I watched the DVD a few times. I tried it as a kick. Just to see if I could pull a crowd. I have NEVER performed street magic in my life. A few weeks ago was the first time. I was competing with a loud band in a band shell everyone was watching. I just kept pitching.

Next thing I knew I had about 20 people. I figured, why push my luck. I did my show. I passed the hat. No one ever asked to see the ones turn to fives.

It was just so interesting the way it worked. There you are in your own little world. Folks just stop. They don't ask questions, they just stop.

John
G.Gilbert
View Profile
Elite user
baltimore
495 Posts

Profile of G.Gilbert
I saw the pitch, and it's pretty interesting. (A friend of mine used this pitch while we were busking).. How it works just amazes me, and it really arrouses their curiousity.. if you get kids bugging you to turn the 1s into 5s just say HEY, "I DO MAGIC NOT MIRACLES.. IF I COULD REALLY DO THAT WOULD I BE OUT HERE PERFORMING FOR TIPS???"
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Good line George!

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
G.Gilbert
View Profile
Elite user
baltimore
495 Posts

Profile of G.Gilbert
Thanks but that's not my line, though I can't remember where I got it.. I think it's on the DVD.. I also reviewed another Don Driver DVD, the "Svengalli Pitch" if anyone wants to read it it's here http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......start=30
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Building a Tip- Don Driver (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL