The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » After Burn (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Hi everyone,
I am going to print my new business cards on plastic stock. Do you recommend it. Because in the future I would like to buy the After Burn, but I do not know whether it will work with the plastic cards. And will the cards be too heavy to use invisible thread to do the whirling card effect?
I would like to thank you in advance.
Ivan Smile
Yours,

Ivan
irishmagic
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of irishmagic
I don't think it will work. I own it and stopped using it after an accident. It's a good effect but be careful and don't keep the flash paper/cotton in the wallet. good luck
SethHoward
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of SethHoward
Niva,
I'm not sure if the plastic cards would work with the Afterburn. You have to be able to soak your cards in some lighter fluid. I do not think plastic will allow for that.
Merlin!
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Merlin!
I don't think it is a very good idea, when plastic burns it gives off very hazardous gasses which really stink, also, in my personal opinion, plastic seems less professional then paper (personal preference I guess).
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Without giving away more of the secret of After Burn, Seth said as much as needs be said. If the business card can not soak up some of the fuel, the effect will not work.

But if the printed surface is just plasticized (as opposed to fully plastic laminated) and the back is not, it is possible that it would work.

Also Plastic cards, even if fully laminated would probably not be too heavy for most IT applications. I float a varitey of big plastic bugs and creatures with good success.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Jim Pace
View Profile
V.I.P.
Portland Oregon
556 Posts

Profile of Jim Pace
Irish magic,
Sorry to hear that you are no longer using my wallet. I understand that you may not have purchased it directly from me. Please do this, give your wallet to somebody else who you know as a magician and who will take risks with fire. Then contact me and I will send you something of equal value from my store White Rabbit Magic. http://www.whiterabbitmagic.net
I just hate knowing that it is not getting some use. Does anybody want this wallet?
"The drum that beats the loudest is always the most hollow."
DeadRinger
View Profile
New user
long island
55 Posts

Profile of DeadRinger
I used to have that wallet, it was a real attention grabber.. when on vacation, someone liked it so much I showed them how it worked and gave it to them.. never had a problem with burns.. great product, I'd definitely buy it again.
*POOF*
CD
View Profile
New user
Chicago
3 Posts

Profile of CD
Hey I am interested in the wallet...What do you want for it? PM me
CD
CD
Mr A
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Mr A
Have you sold the wallet? If not PM me with a price.

Thanks
Isramagia
View Profile
Regular user
Bayamon, Puerto Rico
114 Posts

Profile of Isramagia
I love the wallet. You do have to experiment a bit with the amount of fluid etc. It is worth the investment.
Izzy
Mr. Bunkley
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Mr. Bunkley
Jim Pace,'

Wow, it sure is good to see someone REALLY stand behind their product. I commend you. I bought the Afterburn a while ago. . .and don't use it now. . .but it is definitely MY FAULT. Your stand-up behaviour has prompted me to want to pull it out and give it another shot. Thanks for the reminder.

Daniel
Austin, TX
dbull@austin.rr.com
Ashkenazi the Pretty Good
View Profile
Veteran user
Northern California
366 Posts

Profile of Ashkenazi the Pretty Good
Sigh...I wrote Jim, and he didn't write back. My After Burn is having issues.

ATPG
------------

We could have been practicing!
Patrick T.
View Profile
New user
Esslingen / Germany
39 Posts

Profile of Patrick T.
Hello!!
Jim Pace I just told a friend of mine that has a magic store to order it for me. A few days later he told me he can't find it anywhere here in germany. Can he order it directly from you?? I just gave all my laminated cards away and was about to make new ones...im glad I found this here so I am going to make my next cards without laminating them.
Thanx
Smile
Patrick Thomas
Jim Pace
View Profile
V.I.P.
Portland Oregon
556 Posts

Profile of Jim Pace
Hello,

The Afterburn wallet is going to be replaced with Hot Leads. Hot Leads will have the same advantages as the Afterburn but there will be no accidental mis fires. There will be no cotton to use or batteries to replace.
It will sell for half the cost with a liftime warrenty on the ignition system.
The Afterburn really is harder to make than one might think, so I have simplified everything.
I would like your views before I change. What would you like?
Jim Pace
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Simple is better in most cases.

Jim, I applaud your desire to continue to improve your products. You make some great stuff, and it is nice to see them refined even moore.

You can count me in as a customer for Hot Leads. (And if you need a beta tester, I am good for that too.)

All it has to do is be simple, provide a flaming card, and be reliable. The lifetime warranty on the ignition system sounds good, and a lower price is nice additional benefit too.

I have looked closely at my Afterburn, and I understand what you are saying about being difficult to make. There is a lot going on there. Yep, Simple is better!

BroDavid
ClodAppleleft
View Profile
Regular user
Manchester, NH
195 Posts

Profile of ClodAppleleft
Hey Jim,

That sounds like a great idea! Count me in too. Any idea as to when it will be ready for testing? I'm willing to beta test too.

Jeff
There are many different ways to cut an apple.
w3irDO
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of w3irDO
When do you actually plan to release the new After burn? Hope to hear from you soon. Smile
NothiNG Is IMPOSSIBLE
Michele
View Profile
Veteran user
Taiwan
301 Posts

Profile of Michele
Hi Jim,

Please count on me in as a customer for Hot Leads.
PM me if it is available. Thanks
Jim Pace
View Profile
V.I.P.
Portland Oregon
556 Posts

Profile of Jim Pace
Hello,
Well I am going to test the new version of Hotleads at LVMI this weekend. I hope that it works out. Personally, I love that it is so simple to use.

I am only bringing 50 pieces, I will tell you all how it goes.

Thank you for the interest in testing this product I will PM a few of you.

Thanks again, and maybe I will see you in Las Vegas.
Jim
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
I am sure it will perform well, and that it will sell very well too.

Let me know when I can get my pyro hands on one Jim.

I wish I could be in Las Vegas this year, but my schedule is too tight on my day job to let me get free for it.

Enjoy yourself, and let us know what kind of reactions you get to it.

BroDavid
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » After Burn (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL