The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » M.Chatelain Zig Zag (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Logan
I think the cleverest ones would be the Bill Flash Card thingy, Mental Parano and Zig Zag.

Can't say I'm too fond of Sel-Impact.

In Air is pretty darn visual, I'd rate it next to Zapped.

But like how some of you feel, I think it's a bit too pricey.

Take care,

Logan
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
MarvinSanRemo
View Profile
Veteran user
Santa Barbara, CA
317 Posts

Profile of MarvinSanRemo
I swear I had a trick like zig-zag when I was a kid. It seemed so familiar when I watched the video. Looks good though.

On a side note, do magicians watch their demo videos before they put them up? In zig-zag, he flashes the method so blatantly. This isn't a matter of me watching it over and over, or knowing how its done. The flash is just so bad it stands out. Why would you release a video like that?
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
844 Posts

Profile of oombob
The Parano Mental effect.... nice idea. Seems like something you would want to do only once though.... instantly repeating it as in the demo makes this thing a lot weaker in my opinion.
trickychris
View Profile
Loyal user
England
260 Posts

Profile of trickychris
Hi
I have the in air effect but don't use it as yet - can't think of any ryme or reason to the effect, yet it looks great!
any suggestions?
M Pitcher
View Profile
Elite user
Around the block
432 Posts

Profile of M Pitcher
Quote:
On 2006-04-21 20:00, trickychris wrote:
Hi
I have the in air effect but don't use it as yet - can't think of any ryme or reason to the effect, yet it looks great!
any suggestions?

Mephisto in Belgium(see link above) is selling also a dvd called FLEX , there you can find how Michael Chatelain is performing this effect.There is also an explination.
On this dvd you can also find Zig-Zag, Self-Impact,Metamorphose, Bill Flash and other effects.
Because this is a Frensh dvd, It is also translated in English German.
M Pitcher
View Profile
Elite user
Around the block
432 Posts

Profile of M Pitcher
[quote]On 2006-04-18 15:47, only4card wrote:

Mental Parano - I like this one ,very clever idea and very easy to do, but cannot perform it very close up.

In my opinion you CAN do Mental Parano close-up .I made my own deck yesterday(instructions are on the dvd) and I tried it out for my friends ,close-up. . .
M Pitcher
View Profile
Elite user
Around the block
432 Posts

Profile of M Pitcher
Quote:
On 2006-04-19 14:40, oombob wrote:
The Parano Mental effect.... nice idea. Seems like something you would want to do only once though.... instantly repeating it as in the demo makes this thing a lot weaker in my opinion.

I am second on this . . .
Mike Giusti
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of Mike Giusti
My personal favorite for a couple of years has been Metamorphose. And if you can perform a top change, you are a god in the spectator's eyes!
discjockey
View Profile
Elite user
451 Posts

Profile of discjockey
I cant imagine the "In Air" or "Sel-Impact" cards to be examinable afterwards right?
trickychris
View Profile
Loyal user
England
260 Posts

Profile of trickychris
In air - no. not all of them any way.
discjockey
View Profile
Elite user
451 Posts

Profile of discjockey
Didn't think so. I like the effects very much though.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Gimmick card for a change Why ? just do a DL . Mental Porano gave me an Idea I went & grabbed my Svengali deck put a rubberband around the box with my prediction !
Tops
magicxman
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of magicxman
These tricks are very over priced.
elierfr
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of elierfr
There use to be a DVD last year with all this tricks on the same dvd.
The dvd wasn't expensive...
I can't find it anymore... :-(
fvdbeek
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of fvdbeek
On page 1 of this thread somebody was talking about a DVD called 'Flex' with all the effects on it,

Frans
elierfr
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of elierfr
Yes the name is flex.
thanks
samuelchan501
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of samuelchan501
Mental Parano...I think I know how this one works after I saw the video...
elgranmago
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of elgranmago
Quote:
On 2006-04-22 17:29, Mike Giusti wrote:
My personal favorite for a couple of years has been Metamorphose. And if you can perform a top change, you are a god in the spectator's eyes!

This is a GREAT effect. Mickaël Chatelain is one of France´s young, bright thinkers of magic. He is a friend and I am pleased to see his work coming to light in the magic community.

José.
"It´s kind of fun to do the impossible". Walt Disney
MagoStevo
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of MagoStevo
I personally love all of his works even though like many magician outthere know it's done, but yet the method is very original, clever, and most importantly VISUal, the thing that we all need in this magic world. I adore his materials very much!

Magostevo
Never ever have bad thought,you never know who is listening....
rplanet
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of rplanet
Quote:
On 2006-04-19 12:16, MarvinSanRemo wrote:
I swear I had a trick like zig-zag when I was a kid. It seemed so familiar when I watched the video. Looks good though.

On a side note, do magicians watch their demo videos before they put them up? In zig-zag, he flashes the method so blatantly. This isn't a matter of me watching it over and over, or knowing how its done. The flash is just so bad it stands out. Why would you release a video like that?

I agree, that is really sloppy!
He does have some really good looking tricks though.
I'd like to find Flex somewhere.
Thinking is the best way to travel!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » M.Chatelain Zig Zag (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL