The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Simon Aronson DVDs by L&L (38 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1865 Posts

Profile of Daren
Does anyone know of a release date for these dvd's, simon wrote in a seperate thread that there is a 3 set dvd coming out with his material, I love this guy he is a genius, I have all four of his books and all his material is very well thought out and kills laypeople.

I am very excited about this set of dvd's when they do come out.
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
Have you asked L&L? Their web site lists the DVDs under 'New Products for April'.
See and download my latest free card-suits-themed desktop wallpaper | HERE
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1399 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
It is alresdy available !!!

Sessions With Simon - The Impossible Magic of Simon Aronson

Simon Aronson has been a respected creator of innovative card magic for over 25 years. Combining his strong background in mentalism with his extensive knowledge of card magic, Simon has created a host of blockbuster card miracles that aren’t knuckle busters! The Aronson approach diabolically blends subtleties, stacks, sleights, mathematics, gaffs, thinking on your feet and much more, to produce strong, clean, impossible looking “hands off” magic that leaves your spectators shaking their heads and uttering, “But you didn’t do anything!”

In these DVDs, Simon has selected his favorite creations for you. The performances are fun, friendly—and utterly fooling. The explanations are done in Simon’s typical style: clear, in depth, and full of the tips, subtleties, and explanations of why Simon has chosen a particular approach. It’s like a session with Simon that lets you share in his creative thinking.

Posted: Apr 17, 2006 11:10am
-----------------------------------------------
Here is the 3 DVD content :

DVD Volume 1

O’Aronson Aces — Simon’s amazingly visual handling of the O’Henry Ace plot, with an engaging poker presentation. At the climax, all four Aces magically land under the spectator’s hand!
Among the Discards — A surprising effect . . . about surprise! A card sandwich, including the spectator’s freely chosen Ace, suddenly appears where the spectators least expect it – in full view.
Side-swiped — An Instruction Card actually becomes the spectator’s signed selected playing card while in full view! Creates an impossible object for the perfect souvenir! Used by top professionals around the world.
Mark-a-Place — An easy utility move, with a host of practical applications. Instantly locate four Queens (or Aces) at any place in the deck the spectator chooses.
Under Her Spell — A humorous vanish and reproduction of four Queens, while taking the spectator on a blind date.
Ringleader — The cleanest, most visual, finger ring and rubber band routine you’ll ever see! The illusion of linking and penetration is instantaneous, with no extraneous moves.
Self Control Lie Speller — The performer finds a card which is merely thought of, in a borrowed shuffled deck, without ever once touching the cards! Simon’s favorite location.
It’s the Thought that Counts (performance only) — Simon and his wife Ginny demonstrate the incredible two-person mind reading act they’ve performed around the world for over 35 years. You won’t believe your eyes and ears—it’s that good!

DVD Volume 2

Prior Commitment — Two Jokers appear in the deck and locate two cards freely cut to by the spectators. But you won’t believe the surprise climax: the Jokers have predicted the exact location of both spectators’ free cuts! Simon’s UnDo Influence principle is self-working, but so deceptive that you’ll actually fool yourself with this one.
The Calendar Card — The birthday book plot updated, streamlined and with Simon’s favorite presentation that plays big enough for the stage! Simon’s subtle touches combine with a unique and colorful prop producing a commercial masterpiece.
Head Over Heels — A unique new move that both controls and reverses a freely chosen card – and it’s easy to do. Simon explains several applications, including the Invisible Card and an in-the-hands Triumph!
Red See Passover — Simon’s classic odd-backed, thought-of card across – a diabolical combination of methods that produces an exceptionally clean miracle with four climaxes! Michael Close says, “Red See Passover is one of the five strongest card tricks you can do for anyone.”
Quadruple Spellbound — A spellbound routine with a difference: the coin changes four times! Close up, visual and clean looking magic! The one trick Simon performs most often!
Random Sample Shuffle-bored — Simon’s Shuffle-bored has become a classic around the world. Even though two spectators freely shuffle and randomize the entire deck, the performer knows the exact face-up and face-down condition of every card! Here, Simon performs and explains his favorite, and most entertaining presentation! (Comes complete with special foldout prop).
And more … Simon is known for his intensive explorations of the birthday book theme. As a bonus, he performs and explains Anytime Birthday Shopping (you can carry it in your wallet!) and Fate (the spectator freely chooses any card in the deck before announcing his birth date.)

DVD Volume 3 - Memorized Deck Magic

Simon Aronson is known throughout the world for his pioneering work and writings on memorized deck magic. For over 30 years, Simon’s innovative use of this esoteric tool has inspired some of the world’s top professionals to recognize its deceptive power.

Now, Simon presents the most in-depth demonstration and exploration ever of this powerful utility. Whether you’re a total novice or an experienced practitioner, Simon has incredible lessons, insights, tips and tools to offer. Simon first presents a complete routine of memorized deck effects to show how they can flow together, with unique deck switches that allow the memorized stack to be rung in at any time. But that’s only the beginning! In his clear, detailed and humorous way, Simon explains the separate principles of memorized deck magic utilized in his routines.

Starting off with the basics, there’s a separate primer for those who have never been exposed to this exciting, arcane tool. It covers all you need to know, from how to memorize, which stack to learn, and how to practice. Although Simon’s “Stack to Remember” (the Aronson Stack) is perhaps the most widely memorized stack in the world, Simon doesn’t try to push it on you – because this video is for all practitioners, regardless of what stack you might use. (Only two of the effects demonstrated depend on the Aronson Stack, and they both illustrate principles applicable to any stack).

Simon then thoroughly explains and explores a host of basic tools for the memorized deck, including contextual deck switches, the open index, stack preservation, restoration, retained groupings, use of mathematics, restacking a dealt stack, the S.A. Combination and so much more! You’ll want to watch this again and again, there’s so much information – and so many blockbuster memorized deck effects, including:

• Shuffle Tracking (unpublished)
• Two Beginnings
• Christ-Aronson Aces (unpublished)
• Routine Maintenance
• Everybody’s Lazy
• Bait and Switch
• The Invisible Card
• Four Stop Intersection
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3261 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Just adding to the above, in an e-mail I got from L&L:

Sessions With Simon - The Impossible Magic of Simon Aronson
http://www.llpub.com/zenshop/index.php?m......_id=2320

Juan Tamariz: "I regard my admired friend Simon Aronson as the one magician who has contributed the most to memorized deck work since the time of Nikola. All his tricks are models of analysis, creativity and subtlety."

Simon Aronson has been a respected creator of innovative card magic for over 25 years. Combining his strong background in mentalism with his extensive knowledge of card magic, Simon has created a host of blockbuster card miracles that aren't knuckle busters! The Aronson approach diabolically blends subtleties, stacks, sleights, mathematics, gaffs, thinking on your feet and much more, to produce strong, clean, impossible looking "hands off" magic that leaves your spectators shaking their heads and uttering, "But you didn't do anything!"

In these DVDs, Simon has selected his favorite creations for you. The performances are fun, friendly-and utterly fooling. The explanations are done in Simon's typical style: clear, in depth, and full of the tips, subtleties, and explanations of why Simon has chosen a particular approach. It's like a session with Simon that lets you share in his creative thinking.

Darwin Ortiz: "Simon is one of the great minds in modern card magic. His creations can be found in the repertoires of many of the world's best card men, myself included. If you love card magic, you owe it to yourself to study anything he puts out."

This is definitely THE DVD set I been waiting for a long, long time, will make my order asap.

Peo
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4823 Posts

Profile of landmark
Ah, at least Spell It Out remains hidden in print.
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1865 Posts

Profile of Daren
So are these available now? Or have l&l advertised these when they will not be available for another two weeks or so?
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3261 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
I made an order from L&L, and they told me that the DVD's will be ready in about a week or so.

Peo
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1865 Posts

Profile of Daren
Ok, thanks peo
clusters
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of clusters
I've heard great things about Aronson's work and all of his books.
Just wondering, What kind of performer is he? Is he dynamic/hyper or a more withdrawn kinda person?
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3261 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Good question clusters, I have never seen Aronson performe before... this will be my first opportunity. But I wager he is a more layback performer.

Peo
clusters
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of clusters
Probably similar to John Bannon since they are session buddies....
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5262 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
I've seen him perform and would describe him as more laid back.

If the two-person mind reading work that's included in the DVDs (performance only) is the same as I've seen him do live, you're in for a real treat. Many of his effects that he'll be explaining are outstanding as well.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2969 Posts

Profile of niva
Side-swiped is great. Does the dvd come with some cards for it?
Yours,

Ivan
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3261 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
I just had a talk with L&L Publishing, and they informed me that the DVD's will arrive and be shiped out tomorrow.
Good news indeed.

And if you happen to have "The Greatest Collection of Magic Performances Ever Assembled on DVD Vol. 2", which comes free with every purchase, you can watch Simon perform Side-Swiped.

Peo

Posted: Apr 18, 2006 3:50pm
-------------------------------------------
Niva,

As Side-Swiped is a dealers item, I find it hard to believe the cards are included in the DVD's.
You can purchase them directly from Simon himself.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2969 Posts

Profile of niva
In that case I would just buy the refills, because I prefer to get the DVDs. I have been wanting to check onto Mr Aronson lately.
Yours,

Ivan
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
The new Simon Aronson DVD's arrived at Murphys Magic Supplies today which means that they will be popping up in magic stores and on web sites very soon. I have some on order and will view them as soon as I get mine. Then I'll write some comments here.

Dennis Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1865 Posts

Profile of Daren
So do murphys have these as I cannot see them on their website?
ralphdean
View Profile
Veteran user
Northern Ca
302 Posts

Profile of ralphdean
Dennis has them on his site. I placed my order yesterday. It is

http://www.loomismagic.com
timofy
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of timofy
Incase anyone is interested there is a demo up on http://llpub.com/
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1865 Posts

Profile of Daren
I am now confused it seems everywhere else them but murphys do not?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Simon Aronson DVDs by L&L (38 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL