The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Looking for beverage/drink magic recommendations (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
MarvinSanRemo
View Profile
Loyal user
Santa Barbara, CA
293 Posts

Profile of MarvinSanRemo
Hello everyone! Well, I finally made it to my second post on the Café lol Smile First post can be found in the new arrivals forum. I have been a slient member for quite some time Smile

The reason I am looking for for beverage/drink magic is because....drumroll please....I work for a beverage distributor lol Smile We are the main distributor in our area for Anheuser-Busch products. Along with many other beers, wines, and waters. I happen to have a wide audience range. Everyone from office staff, executives, drivers, salesman, wharehouse, etc...So anything will fly with this crowd. I just figure if I can tie in the magic with the setting that I work in, that would really knock em down Smile

The one effect I already have is Sinful. But I am giving this incredible trick its due practice before showing anyone. But any other suggestion you may have would be great! Thanks Café!
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Transylvania
1353 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
I perform a lot in bars. not so many effects that use drinks though.
but daniel garcia has some great material for bar magic.
he has an awesome impromptu cap in beer bottle effect.
another thing that you should really look into is a coin through glass routine again by daniel.
you can get these and a lot more through just one purchase . it's a good deal.
good luck !

-Matt
The masters make the rules, for the wise men and the fools
Zazz
View Profile
Veteran user
California
315 Posts

Profile of Zazz
Here are a few suggestions.
I have the Cap In Bottle by Rey Ben, sold by Daryl and found it very clever although I haven't spent the time necessary to perform it yet.

http://www.foolerdoolers.com/store/produ......d=300103

AIRBORNE BUDWEISER™ BOTTLE looks good and there is a demo video using a champagne bottle.

http://www.magictricks.com/stage/airbud.htm

Have fun.
~ Dan
Kipp Sherry
View Profile
Elite user
Boise, ID
473 Posts

Profile of Kipp Sherry
Check out Healed and Sealed, made popular by David Blaine.

Kipp Sherry
What is Kings Fool?
The only business card you'll ever need!
http://www.kippsherrymagic.info
tigerman21345
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of tigerman21345
How about Geek magic by Tomas Medina ?
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Just coming out is Glass Mirage by Alex Lourido: http://tinyurl.com/cjqdr and check out the video! It comes in both a beer bottle and soda bottle version.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Also Criss Angel's Quarter Through Soda Can!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
MarvinSanRemo
View Profile
Loyal user
Santa Barbara, CA
293 Posts

Profile of MarvinSanRemo
Thanks for all the replies so far! I will definately look into some of these Smile Keep em coming!
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
There's a bar stunt discussed in the Café that involves knocking the bottom off a bottle. The good thing for you is that it wastes a bottle of beer in the process.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Transylvania
1353 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
Quote:
On 2006-04-18 09:49, evolve629 wrote:
Also Criss Angel's Quarter Through Soda Can!

that is Sinful . he said he was familiar with it.
I would too , suggest healed and sealed by andres moden .www.healedandsealed.com

-Matt
The masters make the rules, for the wise men and the fools
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2136 Posts

Profile of jlevey
I recall visiting the Magic Castle several years ago and on the menu was a Merlot wine with the name Blackstone incorporated into the title.

If you could introduce a bit of Magic History into your presentation, talking about Blackstone the Magician and how he could command respect, attention and wonder.... "much like a fine wine"...

As you are speaking you are displaying three colorful silks, tossing each of them non-chalantly into the air so that the audience can sense their light weight and obvious "emptiness".

..."In fact, (you go on to say) that Blackstone became so famous that they even named a wonderful wine after him at the Magic Castle in Hollywood..."

As you close your brief story about Blackstone, you reach beneath the three dnagling silks and produce (from thin air!) the actual bottle of wine with the Blackstone label...

"And here it is!!!"

Hope you enjoy this brief but startling effect (and that you also have a chance to try out the Blackstone wine for yourself at the Magic Castle one... that is if you haven't already done so).

By the way, the name of the above effect with three silks is called "THIS" and can be bought at bost of the larger Magic Shops or ordered on the web.

It takes some practice to produce the bottle smoothly, but if practiced can be a real "hit".

All the best.

Let us know how it goes.

Jonathan
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2136 Posts

Profile of jlevey
My apologies for the several typos that I made in the above post.

My usual practice is to copy and paste my text into a Word document, then to run it through spellcheck prior to uploading back onto the Magic Café site.

Unfortunately, I had to rush off the computer to attend to some other business and, as a result, I did not take the time to proof my text.

Wouldn't it be great to have a spellcheck function built into the Magic Café's site?

I'll suggest this to the tech staff, but realize that it's probably not the first time they've considered such a suggestion.

I can only imagine that incorporating a spellcheck function into this site would prove both costly and time consuming.

In spite of the typos, I hope that my above posting on the idea of producing a Blackstone wine with "THIS" proves helpful.

Jonathan
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
andre combrinck
View Profile
Special user
South Africa
953 Posts

Profile of andre combrinck
Paul Harris' Fizzmaster,Healed and Sealed and Michael Ammar's This will flip you out.Liquid Suspension is also good.
Andre
Kelvin W Sherlock
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Kelvin W Sherlock
Norm Neilsen has budweiser vanishing bottles (as well as others).

http://www.nnmagic.com/magicitems/vanishingbottlespage.htm
indysmagic
View Profile
New user
cherokee, tx
63 Posts

Profile of indysmagic
Check out Paul Harris' trick "FizzMaster" as mentioned above. The fizz is removed from one shaken can and appears in another can. It is in the Art of Astonishment Series.
Jerseymagician
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of Jerseymagician
After you finish the beer, you could do a card in bottle or in a glass a scotch and soda
Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2675 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
I'll put in a recco for the Nielsen Vanishing Bottles also. Until you actually use one you will NOT appreciate how wonderful they are. I have used that particular item for years and they just blow folks away. Nielsen also sells a terrific book that has some superb routines. Best,
Brad Burt
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I agree with Fizz Master, Vanishing Bottle and obviously the coin or card in bottle. On my site there is a PDF on card in bottle techniques. You also might want to check out my bottle in bottle but I don't know if that will fit your need.

I know this isn't exactly with a bottle but you did say "drinks". I do a chop cup routine. I won't go into detail on the routine because it's widely known but I'll tell you what makes this one different and maybe you'll be able to use it.

I already posted a link to a PDF about it here on the Café and in this dicussion I also outlines the chop cup routine. Just look for my posts on this discussion:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=46

Good luck.

Ron Jaxon

In place of balls I use Ice cubes.

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3641 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Quarter through soda can is good - you can do it anywhere, anytime. Also get a bottle of slush powder.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Looking for beverage/drink magic recommendations (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL