We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Ring Thing DVD - Garrett Thomas (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4928 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
If you read the info about this DVD it sounds like super great magic.
Is this finger ring magic worth to learn?

http://www.llpub.com/zenshop/index.php?m......_id=2316
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I know Ring Thing is worth the DVD alone.
clusters
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of clusters
Is this effect taught in his other DVD set, Inside the Mind of Garrett Thomas???

I believe the effect is you remove a ring from your finger, and then it magically reappears on your finger again. I have seen an 'impromptu' version of this done by other magicians...Is there a preview of this effect?

Oh...Does Vincent Mendoza have a ring to rubberband penetration effect called the Rhing Thing as well?
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
920 Posts

Profile of Martino
It is performnce only on the "Inside the mind of...." DVD set.
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6991 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Gregory Wilson teaches it with full credit to Garrett, on the Gregory Wilson In Action vol. 3 dvd. It's also on the L&L Finger Ring dvd... A GREAT buy.
NUMBERED - A killer predicted card at any number out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/numbered.html
The One
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of The One
Man, this is Out?!

awesome!... all the applications garrett has for the move are amazing!

Everyone's gonna be doing this.
I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end...
I came here...
To tell you how this is going to begin.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6991 Posts

Oh, hold on. I didn't click the link before. Wow. A whole dvd dedicated to this routine. Well, looks like there's a lot of other stuff on there too. Nice.
NUMBERED - A killer predicted card at any number out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/numbered.html
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5798 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
This is a DVD which features many different creative ideas, some of which will make your eyes bug out. Hold a coin at your finger tips... poke your finger right through the coin ala Karate Koin. Instead of tearing, the coin seems melt around your finger and turn into a ring. It is a killer illusion... or maybe it really was magic. It sure looked great!
VMC_Alex
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of VMC_Alex
So how much of "Ring Thing" is included on the L & L compilation DVD?
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2315 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Isn't this the same "quickie" effect taught on his first tape, "Any Questions?"

What is the difference? What will entice me to wanna check this out if I already have his VHS?

Thanks,
Brian
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3745 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
As was previously mentioned, Ring Thing is taught on Greg Wilson's In Action vol. 3 DVD and on the L&L Publishing Ring DVD. As Brain stated above, why should I buy this DVD when I already have it on two other DVDs? How is this DVD different?

Best regards,

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6991 Posts

Hmm... The effect where you poke your finger through the coin and it turns into a ring sounds a lot like the last phase of Daniel Garcia's Your Personal Safe routine.
The One
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of The One
I'll tell you why you should get this:
The illusion of the ring jumping back onto the finger is only ONE of the effects that can be accomplished with the Ring Thing move. The DVD explains many other extremely visual applications for the ring thing.
One of my favorite applications is the ring thru finger, as well as finger through coin/to ring. Not Daniel Garcia's by the way.

I see many people doin the ring thing... many of them doing it wrong. The ring thing move seems simple but in reality it requires finnesse. This DVD is the chance to learn that finnese from the guy who inveted the move.

The One
I came here...
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2315 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Well, his VHS tape was good enough for me. I'll stick to that.
Brian
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5798 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
My understanding is that there are a lot more applications and other things on this DVD which pertain to the move and genre than were on the VHS. I haven't seen the VHS.
jchiou
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of jchiou
Does this effect require a duplicate or gaffed ring?
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1515 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
What is an average guide to the skill level required?is it a real knuckbuster, or just one that will come with a little practice?
thanks
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4928 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Quote:
On 2006-04-22 13:38, jchiou wrote:
Does this effect require a duplicate or gaffed ring?

No, you can use any ring.
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
I have the manuscript that I bought online and downloaded.
Excellent effect. It was difficult reading it and understand the moves as they are pretty intricate. The DVD will help in a big way with this.
Daniel Faith
The One
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of The One
Quote:
On 2006-04-25 10:22, matt.magicman wrote:
What is an average guide to the skill level required?is it a real knuckbuster, or just one that will come with a little practice?
thanks

Definatelt not a knuckle burster, you could even say its easy because of how simple it is to learn it. However the finnesse will take a little time.

The ring thing is the kind of effect that you can perform with a little practice, and yet you can make improvements for a lifetime.
I came here...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Ring Thing DVD - Garrett Thomas (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL