The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » PhotoRecall - Robin Martin (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
lewis
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of lewis
---------------------------------------------------------
PhotoRecall - Robin Martin
---------------------------------------------------------

http://www.robin-martin.com/photorecall.html

Name: PhotoRecall

Author: Robin Martin

Price: £4.99

Pages/Length: 9 pages PDF

Difficulty: 6/10 - nothin too hard, perfectly performable

Out of 10: 9/10

Contents PDF

Effect

The mentalist declares that he will give a demonstration of photographic memory. He invites a lady from the audience to come forward. She is handed a deck of cards and is asked to first examine them and then to shuffle them as much or as little as she wishes.

The mentalist then turns his back and asks the lady to remove any card from the deck and place it in her pocket. She is then to shuffle the deck once again and place it on the table.

Turning back round to face the lady, she is asked to take one card at a time from the deck and show the mentalist and then to return it to the table in a new pile. She is to do this at her own pace until she has gone through the deck.

With little delay the mentalist announces that the only card not shown to him was the seven of diamonds and that must be the one remaining card from the deck now in the lady’s pocket. She checks and of course to great applause shows that the mentalist must indeed have demonstrated photographic memory.

Comments

I recieved this from Robin about a week ago, and since then (having read, and practised it briefly) I have performed it in school, on family, friends and even a few strangers (at a party).

I'm not the most confident performer, but I was fine doing this because there is no room for error if done properly (no outs, guessing, alternate endings etc), and nothing has to be hidden or rushed, sleights of peeks etc. The method is brilliant... it can't be described in any other way.

The alternative ideas were also helpful, not just thrown together as with some releases. A few were simple, that came to me as I was reading the main effect, but other were genius in themselves. In particular the 'receipt' variation seems very workable, natural and ... well a great addition.

I had one bit of trouble with one of the alternative effects, which Robin helped me out via email very quickly and turns out I was simply mis-reading it.

It is obvious that this hasn't just been thought up and released without thought, there are many aspects that have been thought over in order to make it as cutting edge as possible.

OVERALL.

The best thing about this is its simplicity. I haven't seen an effect so simple, that produces such an impossible effect. This is Derren Brown standard of material (Robin, thought about sending it to him?), and I'm impressed. This being Robin's first release... I can't wait for more.

Well worth a fiver

9/10
robin_martin
View Profile
New user
London, UK
74 Posts

Profile of robin_martin
Hi guys,
Thanks for posting this review lewis. I've been asked by a couple of people on a different forum to provide more details about the advanced version of the effect detailed in the manuscript so I'll simply copy what I wrote there:

Performer hands out blank cards (I usually use about 20) for audience to write words on. These are taken back in and shuffled by an audience member who then selects one and puts it in her pocket. Like in the original effect each word is then shown to the performer who by the end can correctly identify the missing word. This of course could be done on business cards.

Hope that helps.

If anyone else has any questions feel free to PM or email: photorecall@robin-martin.com
The secret of the mind is the secret of the self.
EVENT
View Profile
Regular user
Israel
170 Posts

Profile of EVENT
WOw, just my style.
Ordered it and now waiting...
robin_martin
View Profile
New user
London, UK
74 Posts

Profile of robin_martin
No more waiting... you should now have it!
CoinsFallUp
View Profile
New user
Orlando, FL
61 Posts

Profile of CoinsFallUp
Just ordered. I've been looking for something like this.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
I ordered, and for £4.99, I love it. Simple, clever, and I will love to use this, I would even say a Magician fooler possibly, I have my own ideas for it already, to which I shall send to Robin. Thanks for the very quick service Robin
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
CoinsFallUp
View Profile
New user
Orlando, FL
61 Posts

Profile of CoinsFallUp
I ordered this effect and am look forward to trying it out. The idea is interesing, however the effect is not exactly as written.

All in all I'd say it is definately worth a purchase.

Best,

Chris
robin_martin
View Profile
New user
London, UK
74 Posts

Profile of robin_martin
Thanks for the comments guys. Glad you all like it!
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
of the JV Naughty Vanish....
884 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
Read the reviews and decided to order it... now I am waiting, waiting , waiting......, waiting...............ZZZZZZZZZZZ...lol.jk
I don't care how fast or slow you are.... As long as I am faster.. -J-
EVENT
View Profile
Regular user
Israel
170 Posts

Profile of EVENT
It's a brilliant Idea. I think it one of the best impromptu mental magic with cards, and like Christopher said it's a Magician fooler.

But I have one problem, I find the process little hard (i don't want to tip the method) I think it's require some training (that worth it).
I'm sure that when I will be able to perform this it will be a killer that looks real.
Gabor
View Profile
Veteran user
Pécel, Hungary
367 Posts

Profile of Gabor
It sounds great. Does it require any memory work?
"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright
robin_martin
View Profile
New user
London, UK
74 Posts

Profile of robin_martin
There is memory work involved but its not like a memorised stack or anything.
Gabor
View Profile
Veteran user
Pécel, Hungary
367 Posts

Profile of Gabor
Thanks, Robin. The temptation is very strong. Smile
"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright
chris35
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of chris35
Quote:
On 2006-04-18 20:07, CoinsFallUp wrote:
I ordered this effect and am look forward to trying it out. The idea is interesing, however the effect is not exactly as written.

To what extend does it differ from the description ?
Is the selected card always the seven of diamonds ?
(Please ignore my questions if the answers would tip the method.)
robin_martin
View Profile
New user
London, UK
74 Posts

Profile of robin_martin
Chris I'm wasnt really sure what was meant by that either as I really had tried to give as much information in the description without giving away the method. I don't like it when blurbs for effects are deceiving so I'm as interested as you are to know.

To answer you other question the card isn't always the 7 of diamonds its actually the 8 of clubs. Just kidding. The card is a free selection and is different every time.

Hope that helps.
chris35
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of chris35
Thank you, Robin !
I just placed my order.
chris35
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of chris35
Wow, that was fast !
The PDF arrived a few minutes after I had pressed the PayPal Button.

Thank you !
jayp
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of jayp
I couldn't resist just placed my order! Can't wait!

Jamie.
jayp
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of jayp
Got it...love it! And very quick service

Jamie.
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Ugh.

I don't know what's wrong with me recently. I usually have the best of luck purchasing effects, but this is the second effect in a month that I purchased without putting enough thought into it and I got burned again. Well, lesson learned.

I love the idea of this effect and have familiarized myself with a number of different versions throughout the years. When I read the description I was sucked in because it seemed like a big step forward over the traditional methods. Unfortunately, it's not. It's identical to things that have been published 50 (100? 1000?) years ago.

If you are familiar with the Harry Loryane's Epitome location or anything along those lines then you already know this. If I had known that you don't actually know the suit of the selected card, I never would have purchased this, as that is the only improvement that I thought had been made in the original effect.

If you're interested in this type of effect, there are many other places where this technique is taught and in much greater detail.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » PhotoRecall - Robin Martin (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL