The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » I Really Have to Get My Magic Act Together (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jason Purdy
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Jason Purdy
An "fan" just sent me this link. They said, "I came across this "story" in the
fake-newspaper The Onion. I thought you might enjoy some of the puns and
word play."

I did, and I hope you all do as well!

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/47215

~Jason

P.S. Not only is it funny, there could very well be some thuth behind the story! :o)

P.P.S. Sorry I just found out this is old news. It has already been posted, but I couldn't seem to delete it.
Steven True
View Profile
Special user
Bonney Lake,WA
765 Posts

Profile of Steven True
I missed the other posting of this item. I read it and started laughing. But then I realized that I was laughing because this was about me in almost every area. I have been at that stage of my life for a long time. I just recently,after a divorce,started getting back to the one thing that brought me my most personal happiness,this crazy art we call Magic. After reading that letter,and I know it was done as a joke,I realize how far I have come from that point in my life where I found myself saying almost those same words exactly. How many of us in this profession have come to that moment when we realize that we are that person in the letter? How much more can we do as magicians if we examine ourselves and see if that letter fits us? I have made it a point to start helping young magicians just starting out in anyway I can. That may mean helping with an effect,a routine,a little moral support,or giving of my magical inventory to see that this art of ours lives on for as long as it is possible.
Wow I did not mean to write some great disertation but it seems like I was heading there. I hope that many of the poeple at this great Café' will see to it that you help new people as well as the old ones here too,me included..hehehe,make the future of Magic just that,the future.
Well I know I rambled on here and I know this is probably not even the place to post this. Maybe we should have a forum called, "the counciling couch", might be the place for me.hehehe. I just love this art form and want so badly to make it continue to grow that I sometimes get a liitle goofey. Maybe it is the pain meds..hehehe. Just kidding. It is just my 2 cents.

Steven
squando
View Profile
Elite user
444 Posts

Profile of squando
AMEN.
Frank
Steven True
View Profile
Special user
Bonney Lake,WA
765 Posts

Profile of Steven True
Ok now,was that an amen to my rambling or to the post in general?? Just kidding.

Steven
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » I Really Have to Get My Magic Act Together (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL