The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Help me utilize a scar I have for magic. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

levitate
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of levitate
Hey,

I was born with something called mid-gut volvulous that required emergency surgery when I was two days old. I'm now 18 and still carry the scar with me. Its on the middle of my stomach and is about 7-8 inches long. Its very defined but not really grotesque at all and I thought it would be aneat thing to involve in a trick. It'd be like something unique to me cause not many people have scars like that.

Anyways waht effects could I do (I'm thinking bizzare) to use this for magic? I think I've heard an effect where you eat something and pull it out ur stomach that might be good for example.

Thanks

Michael
Chris Henderson
View Profile
Special user
Indiana -- Anyone w/ no life would have
563 Posts

Profile of Chris Henderson
How about a VooDoo angle?

Display several pieces of paper, each with a different portion of the human body: Left Arm, Right Arm, Left Leg, Right Leg, Head, and Torso. Fold them up and have one "freely" selected (wink, wink!). Then introduce either a piece of paper with the drawing of an entire intact human form, or use a small plain white rag doll (avaialbe at most craft shops). Give the spectator a red marker and tell them to draw a line across the area on the picture/doll on the area that they previously chose.

After they have drawn the line, explain that the picture/doll is a VooDoo doll of you, then lift your shirt to reveal the result of their action.
"I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief"

--Gerry Spence
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
Coin through stomach perhaps?
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
scolman
View Profile
Elite user
Cape Town, South Africa
456 Posts

Profile of scolman
How about if you used a gimmicked knife/razor (I think Keith Hart still sells them on his website)? http://www.blackhart.co.uk/page55.html
You lift or open your shirt to a point just below or above the actual scar (keeping the real one hidden), slice across your stomach allowing the stage blood to form a line similar to the length of your scar. Quickly cover it with a cloth (to stop the bleeding) once you bled the audience a bit, you remove the cloth and reveal the actual scar. If they have the stomach for it let them see it up close and touch it. (these puns are killing me!)

If you made this the finale of an act that used a knife through arm (a quality one of course!) and the old needle through arm, you might have a very convincing self healing/invincibility act.

I had also given thought to perhaps palming something squishy and palming it so you could fake pulling it out of the stomach cut. If you really have the acting ability you could fake stitching it up before you cover and reveal the actual scar as well. This last bit might be a bit too involved though.

Let me know if you perform it.
Simon
mystic1
View Profile
Veteran user
342 Posts

Profile of mystic1
Something themed around psychic surgery?
sehrgut
View Profile
Regular user
Augusta, GA
105 Posts

Profile of sehrgut
Quote:
I had also given thought to perhaps palming something squishy and palming it so you could fake pulling it out of the stomach cut. If you really have the acting ability you could fake stitching it up before you cover and reveal the actual scar as well. This last bit might be a bit too involved though.

I had also thought of a psychic surgery when I first saw the thread title. I'm surprised at how little the public knows about the effect, but when B*aine did it on TV, everyone was wondering how he did it. (Best bits for psychic surgery: chicken livers. Easily-available, cheap, and disgusting-looking . . . you just can't get any better than that!)
"It is February, and time to take ink and weep.
One must always write of February while weeping."
-Boris Pasternak

"That night something of youth and beauty died in the elder world." -H.P. Lovecraft
lejon
View Profile
Special user
721 Posts

Profile of lejon
Maybe it shouldnt be the central piece of your act, but instead the proof of your story... The thing that nobody can refute and that will make your act so much stronger... the one evidence that can suspend the disbelief.... it happened to you as you were doing that heroic action that makes you what you are..... whatever you are....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Help me utilize a scar I have for magic. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL