The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A turn of the page » » New Research Tool (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7384 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Guys, there is an incredible new research tool out there. It is called AskAlexander.org.

There is a full write up on it in last month's Magic magazine. Basically, there is a research library in New York that scholars can use. But who can get to New York. There are three different levels of membership. I belong to the lowest level and it runs $95 a year.

Imagine a goolge type search engine that you can search all kinds of present and past publications and books. Things like Genii, Sphinx, Mahatma, Abra, and thousands more.

The pages are downloadable as a pdf file which you can print out. They are very good resolution. If you ever tried scanning old magazines, you know what a pain it is to get a good scan without the yellowing messing up the scan. They have just purchased a color scanner to start scanning the newer stuff in color.

This will blow you away. I promise!!

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
omk
View Profile
Regular user
Florida's Space Coast
108 Posts

Profile of omk
Hi Richard,
I had heard that the AskAlexander was not available over the Internet - only within the library itself - at least for the low level memberships. Has this changed?
Thanks,
Dave
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7384 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Yes. For $95, you get the basic search tool. They had it set up at Collector's in DC and I was impressed. I am still learning how to use the search engine but it is one well thought out endeavor.

I can't tell you differences in the different levels. But the lowest level, suits my needs.

Go to askalexander.org. and the details for membership are there.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A turn of the page » » New Research Tool (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL