The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Electric Touch Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
I had bad batteries, changed them, and it works fine.

Tony
therapysessions
View Profile
New user
New York, NY
41 Posts

Profile of therapysessions
Quote:
On 2006-05-14 22:22, Mysterion The Mind reader wrote:
I purchased an electric touch and it barely worked. Retuned it and the second didn't either. My dealer pulled the product from the site. Was there a faulty batch any one is aware of?

I am losing faith in the product, it would be an asset to my show

Mysterion

I thought mine wasn't working either..I tried everything and then I switched shoes and found it worked. I don't know about other people, but this is what helped get it finally workig.

As for the original poster. I'm still on the fence on this one. While I do mostly mentalism and a few of the effects I like (especially moving tobbacco and torn paper) as well as using it to "transfer" or show them my ability to concentrate my energy, my routine and effects were just as strong without ET.

But it does what it says it does. The device is well constructed and while I've been hearing some horror stories about pieces breaking off and not being able to get it fixed by Yigel, I have had no such problem with the construction and after toying with it after some trouble its working great. I don't have a problem with the sound when its turned on, maybe I got lucky with mine but so far in terms of the device alone its well made.

The dvd that's coupled with it is pretty straight foward as well, starting with real world performances then a well produced section where he explains the device, how to set it up and several things you can do with it.
therapysessions
View Profile
New user
New York, NY
41 Posts

Profile of therapysessions
Quote:
On 2006-05-14 22:22, Mysterion The Mind reader wrote:
I purchased an electric touch and it barely worked. Retuned it and the second didn't either. My dealer pulled the product from the site. Was there a faulty batch any one is aware of?

I am losing faith in the product, it would be an asset to my show

Mysterion

I thought mine wasn't working either..I tried everything and then I switched shoes and found it worked. I don't know about other people, but this is what helped get it finally workig.

As for the original poster. I'm still on the fence on this one. While I do mostly mentalism and a few of the effects I like (especially moving tobbacco and torn paper) as well as using it to "transfer" or show them my ability to concentrate my energy, my routine and effects were just as strong without ET.

But it does what it says it does. The device is well constructed and while I've been hearing some horror stories about pieces breaking off and not being able to get it fixed by Yigel, I have had no such problem with the construction and after toying with it after some trouble its working great. I don't have a problem with the sound when its turned on, maybe I got lucky with mine but so far in terms of the device alone its well made.

The dvd that's coupled with it is pretty straight foward as well, starting with real world performances then a well produced section where he explains the device, how to set it up and several things you can do with it.
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
The device is good. It does what it claims, heres some issues:

1. IT EATS BATTERIES. Mine barely last a full day. So you need to have fresh ones in it when you do a show..
2. Humidity sucks! In the chi it has been raining for 4 days and the thing barely carries a charge in this weather.
3. NO CICULAR bulb will not work. The prinicple is that the person holds one end and becomes a ground, you hold the other and are the positive. Makes sense once you realize you are a huge walking cicuit.
4. Gaffing shoes is the LAMEST part of this effect.
5. Rubber in soles help alot.
Mysterion The Mind reader
View Profile
New user
Toronto
47 Posts

Profile of Mysterion The Mind reader
Hey Scott, Myspace me-

I agree, I got it kinda working better today. It was real humid yesterday and tosay its raining and working better. Hmmmmm.....
Do you mean Rubber Insoles increase the circuit? I had to gaff a $300 pair of my shoes (cries)
I hope this thing does what it claims. I am already getting people buzzed about it and I want a pop not a fizzle
All the best

Mysterion
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
I am <<EXTREMELY MAD>> I cant use the explicative I wanted.

I was all gaffed to go, and the thing doesn't work. When I got it to MILDLY send a charge, it was humming at an obscene noise volume. This thing needs to be retooled, this is crazy!
Roy
View Profile
Elite user
Israel
486 Posts

Profile of Roy
I have mine from Yigal Mesika and it is awesome.
Like every new gimmick you'll have to get used to it.
I installed the shoe permanent holder and I really recommend any one who has "Electric Touch" to do it.
You will have to test with different shoes before you do the permanent install, test the gimmic on different surfaces and be aware of the fact each person has a different body resistance to current.
I also hear from all my friends in Israel that Yigal Mesika's "Electric touch" is by far the best and I completely agree with that.
Roy
View Profile
Elite user
Israel
486 Posts

Profile of Roy
...and YES, change the batteries to the good quality kind first thing!
Mo Magic
View Profile
New user
South Africa
11 Posts

Profile of Mo Magic
Hello

I bought the ET and the switch is not activating. From the post, I may need to change the batteries. Will give it a bash and post some feedback. I am looking forward to the tobacco and paper animation. As for shocking people, I think I willl keep that to a minimum. I am concerned about shocking people with pacemakers and pregnant ladies. Its a bit awkward to make out who has these 2 conditions and I presume I may stick to healthy lookng males.
Ramses
View Profile
New user
Québec, Canada
9 Posts

Profile of Ramses
I have the ET too.. And I have many problem whit this device!

At first, when I have received it, I have change the battery, and I have do the "professional setup" ..

My first try was in my house, I have try to shock myself by touching metal thing.. but nothing, I have try to bend water.. nothing... I have try to make small chip of paper move with the static: nothing...

So I have try to put my finger in water and on the HIGH position I have received a very SMALL shock.. it was prety imperceptible...

it was raining outside, so I have decided to test it outside.. When I was outside, under the rain, I have activate the device when my two feet where in water and OUUUCCHHHH!!! I have received a very high shock under my feet.. (dont try it when your feet are in water!)
(the device was on HIGH position)

After that I have go to the shopping center to test it again.. (i have go in the shopping center bathroom because there nobody can see me practicing) now it as working fine, when I have touched metal I received a shock, and an higher shock on HIGH position..

So I think the best thing you can do is to test the electric touch 5 minute befor your show, in the location where you are. And if the device work great, you can do this trick, if not you can not use it!
RickDangerous
View Profile
Special user
I can't believe I made
974 Posts

Profile of RickDangerous
... stupid... Smile
"Reality is what you can get away with."
Robert A. Wilson

"Think for yourself and question authority."
Timothy Leary
TKE
View Profile
Veteran user
FL
346 Posts

Profile of TKE
Ramses try using it in the swimming pool during thunder storm with lots of lightning..

you might get better results

TKE
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Quote:
On 2006-05-16 22:57, Roei wrote:
I have mine from Yigal Mesika and it is awesome.
Like every new gimmick you'll have to get used to it.

With respect Roei the empirical evidence seems to suggest that, rather than being awesome, the thing is a dud! And for that money you shouldn't have to "get used to it", but rather it should have been tested more and refined before is was placed on the open market.

Quote:
I also hear from all my friends in Israel that Yigal Mesika's "Electric touch" is by far the best and I completely agree with that.

I hear from MY friends that it's by far the worst item they've ever purchased. This whole thread in fact has become quite jokular. In reading others' comments you just have to feel for them. I was going to by ET but wouldn't even dream of doing so now.
Bobser
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Just got it and I just love it! This thing is great! I took some advice on a different hook up and the thing is nails.

Goes to show you to each their own.
Shadowrunner
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Shadowrunner
Wish I had never bought it. More importantly I feel like I'm owed a new pair of 'elegant shoes' that I can wear in the rain...
RickThibau
View Profile
Loyal user
Brazil
255 Posts

Profile of RickThibau
Im very happy with ET, and I don't regret buying it, but that pre-order delay made me mad indeed.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Interesting posts. You would think that the manufacturers would talk to those who are happy and those who are sad... find out the reasons why those ones are happy and the other ones are sad... and y'know... fix it!
Ok, so I'm not very scientific, but it would appear I have a very clever mind when it comes to manufacturisation.
Remember plastic monkeys on wooden sticks? Exactly!
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Magic Rob
View Profile
New user
Denver, CO
99 Posts

Profile of Magic Rob
It's interesting...I've been looking at a lot of reviews for ET and it seems that most buyers are either very ecstatic about it and love it, or they totally hate it and wish they had never bought it. There aren't many in between opinions. It's like it either gets and "A" or an "F" but very few "C" reviews. There also seems to be some inconsistency in the products performance - the amount of charge seems to be variable (It works great in some units, but is less effective in others). After reading tons of reviews, it seems like it will be a hit or miss situation. Frankly, I'm still not certain whether it is a worthwhile investment for me.
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
After much work with it, I am very pleased with ET.
Quite honestly, I can see myself using it for the rest of my career.

I purchased two of them, both work great and the batteries have lasted well, I've replaced them just twice in each and I only use it on HIGH setting.

Using it just to shock people is a waste. I like moving paper, bending water, using it as a convincer in Metal Bending and with a Stealth Assassin.

Works like a charm, again, not for everyone it seems. Love it or hate it.
Regards,
-J
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Electric Touch Review (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL