The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The January 2002 entrée: Doc Eason » » Three card monte » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Hey Doc,

love your three card monte bit, a lot of fun, and a real classic. Smile

Perhaps you might share your thoughts on this routine, and maybe some good sources for learning the moves involved, I know there are many here at the Cafe that would be interested. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Doc Eason
View Profile
V.I.P.
Aspen Colorado
429 Posts

Profile of Doc Eason
I am especially proud of that routine... it is the result of a lot of experimentation and trial and error.

A complete write up of this is going to be included in my new lecture notes... hopefully ready for the spring lectures.

As far as a resource for three card monte stuff ...over and above my routine... I can recommend no better reference than Whit Haydn and Chef Anton’s book on three card monte... it has been highly recommended by all the big reviewers. Besides all the moves, the historical material is fabulous and suitable for filling in those little holes in 3 card routines.

And yes, it is available through Rocky Mountain Magic.
Doc Eason’s Rocky Mountain Magic

PO Box 50 / Basalt CO 81621

doc@doceason.com

http://doceason.com

http://doceasonmagicshop.com
Mark V
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of Mark V
Doc,

You're right. The School for Scoundrels Notes on the Three Card Monte is a great resource. But for a genuinely entertaining routine, your monte on the Bar Magic videos is hard to beat. In fact, the whole series is excellent. Highly recommended!

Mark V
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The January 2002 entrée: Doc Eason » » Three card monte » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL