The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Mind reading website (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2758 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
http://trunks.secondfoundation.org/files/psychic.swf

You pick a two digit number, add the digits and subtract the result from the original number. Then look up the symbol for that number on the chart and click on the crystal ball. The symbol you looked up will appear.

Now I know there has to be a simple explanation for this. Anybody want to come up with it for me?

(PM if you don't want to give anything away publicly. Thanks!)
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
This has been posted here a few times before... think of the number 9! Smile
See and download my latest free card-suits-themed desktop wallpaper | HERE
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2758 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
OK, I could understand that if I always found the same symbol. But I did it three times, found three different symbols and the ball popped up with the correct symbol each time.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
Yes, the symbols and the numbers next to them refresh/rearrange themselves each time you come back to the page... but they still follow a pattern and the principle remains the same.

Take the example given at the bottom of the page... 23 minus 5 = 18... that's a multiple of 9, right? Look at all the multiples of 9 on the page and see what symbol is next to each (you can ignore the higher numbers above 81 as you'll never arrive at one of those). Notice a trend? Refresh the page and look at all the multiples of 9 again.

Quote:
On 2006-04-26 05:50, mandrake01 wrote:

But I did it three times, found three different symbols and the ball popped up with the correct symbol each time.

That's all down to the programming script... it always throws out whichever symbol is next to each multiple of 9.
See and download my latest free card-suits-themed desktop wallpaper | HERE
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Mind reading website (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL