The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Safety Conference routine... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ruaturtle
View Profile
Regular user
Gastonia, NC
113 Posts

Profile of ruaturtle
I posted this at first in the wrong forum I now realize... It may be suited better here.

I have been asked to do a quick (10-15 minute) show for a safety conference. The set up is a small, slightly raised stage with about 40-50 people each performance (5 performances). It will be done in conjunction with a comedy routine of how The Three Stooges were unsafe...

Besides the standard nails or sliced arm, any ideas of what other tricks might go over well? Keep in mind I'd like comedy and safety awareness (fire probably would not go over very well). I have 6 months to set this up. Thanks much in advance.
I have found that I do not suffer from insanity... instead I rather enjoy it! : )

Poodle... the other white meat.
macmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
MA
400 Posts

Profile of macmagic
What target audience are you trying to impact? Are you trying to sell a safety show at this conference for the k through 5 grade level etc.?
I think we need some more information to really help you!
"Its a magic thing...........you wouldn't understand"
Gordon
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
692 Posts

Profile of Gordon
Go find Kay, over in the bizarre area. She's done good work in this exact area. (You can also contact her via bizarremagick.com)
Mr Amazeo
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of Mr Amazeo
If it's for a workplace or industrial safety type audience, PM me - My whole act is tailored for that type of gig. http://www.brianthesafetyguy.com. Maybe I can help you brainstorm a couple of bits.
ruaturtle
View Profile
Regular user
Gastonia, NC
113 Posts

Profile of ruaturtle
It is a conference for safety professionals, i.e. safety managers, industrial hygienists, inspectors. We're not trying to sell anything, although there will be plenty of vendors pitching their wares. My part is purely entertainment, and hopefully eye-opening, regarding safety. I already plan on stabbing myself in some form or another since that is how I am going to grab their attention. Can't really be bloody cuz I don't want to evoke the First Responder response...

Thanks Gordon and Amazeo! Will do on both!
I have found that I do not suffer from insanity... instead I rather enjoy it! : )

Poodle... the other white meat.
macmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
MA
400 Posts

Profile of macmagic
Well, since you have the platform why not sell a safety show" "We can bring our show to your workplace and teach your employees etc. etc."
Sounds like a great opportunity!
"Its a magic thing...........you wouldn't understand"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Safety Conference routine... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL