The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Daniel Garcia's "Greed" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
LOL that's what made it so funny,.and unexpected. I am very pleased with the DVD and the effect itself. I have mine in my wallet and hopefully will find someone to try it on tonight.
Tony Venetico
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago, IL
238 Posts

Profile of Tony Venetico
Has anybody taken the $10 or the $20 to the bank and tried to get new bills so the gimmick really does only cost $7??? If so, what did you tell the bank about why the bills are cut?
lylaster
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
197 Posts

Profile of lylaster
Just use DG's suggestion about a lawnmower accident Smile
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I used that my niece tried to make a collage and cut my bills up. Worked perfectly.
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
Batson,

There are a lot of different ways to ring in your gimmicked bill. You could simply fold up the bill and vanish it, only to have it reappear in your wallet, pocket, wherever. Ask someone for a dollar, say "Better yet, anyone have for quarters?" as you reach into your pocket looking for the quarters, ring in the gimmick. If someone actually does give you the quarters, just do Sh4de. Of course if you are Chris Angel, you could borrow your gimmicked bill from a stooge.

xx
do magic

www.8bom.net
Charlie Justice
View Profile
Inner circle
Mount Dora, Florida
1142 Posts

Profile of Charlie Justice
I'm, for lack of a better word, workshopping the following method to ring in the gimmick. It doesn't seem to make a big difference anyhow but it flows with the patter. Here's the bare bones.

I've got the gimmick folded and concealed in my right hand and I ask for a dollar.
I fold the borrowed dollar to match the gimmick.
I bring both hands back together and 'split' the dollar now showing 2 identical.
I 'magician choice' the gimmick and hand the borrowed one back.
Since I went from 1 to 2 I now proceed into a 5, 10, etc.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Quote:
On 2006-06-24 10:41, Charlie Justice wrote:
I'm, for lack of a better word, workshopping the following method to ring in the gimmick. It doesn't seem to make a big difference anyhow but it flows with the patter. Here's the bare bones.
I've got the gimmick folded and concealed in my right hand and I ask for a dollar.
I fold the borrowed dollar to match the gimmick.
I bring both hands back together and 'split' the dollar now showing 2 identical.
I 'magician choice' the gimmick and hand the borrowed one back.
Since I went from 1 to 2 I now proceed into a 5, 10, etc.

There you go...nice... Smile ..
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Chris SD
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Chris SD
The switch that Paul Harris wrote up in the Art of Astonishment for "Counterfeit Spectator" is probably the best way to ring in a gaffed bill I've read.
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
I made a dry run gimmick using the PDF found on the disc. Turned out great, I now have every confidence that I won't have any problems using real bills with it.

Hope to get it built sometime this week, and start performing a few weeks after. I really like this effect.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
Charlie Justice
View Profile
Inner circle
Mount Dora, Florida
1142 Posts

Profile of Charlie Justice
Just a BTW...I made my Greed Bill so that only the 1 dollar bill is as described in the making. The 5, 10, and 20 are all front view revelations of the bills. It was a personal choice, of course, to use the fronts instead of the backs because the 10 and 20 'side' could be cut to match a lot better on the frontside views than the backside. I also liked the initial change/contrast from a backside 1 to a front side 5 a little better. Just a matter of taste I suppose.

I've also incorporated some slight handling modifications (quite simple ones) to allow the 50 cent piece to be concealed within the folds from the onset of the routine and then kept in finger palm and moved behind the bill once or twice to show boths hands completely empty once or twice. This, of course eliminates having to go get the coin at the end. Again, a simple personal preference but it's working out a lot better for me.

Greed is absolutely phenomenal. Very well done Daniel!
McSqueeb
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of McSqueeb
Greed is about the best money effect I have. I recieved the Greed DVD Tuesday and as soon as I finished watching it, I couldn't wait to have the gimmick made and begin practicing the handling. I can't believe how quickly I had picked up the handling. The hardest part of the handling for me was the coin change but I have got it down pretty well now.

Danny, thanks for creating this amazing effect.

-JD
themystifier
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of themystifier
Quote:
On 2006-06-23 23:53, dizney79 wrote:
Has anybody taken the $10 or the $20 to the bank and tried to get new bills so the gimmick really does only cost $7??? If so, what did you tell the bank about why the bills are cut?

Well ive been a member here for a while, I just have never really posted much. But I just bought the ebook and heres what I plan on saying, "I got this as change at the grocery store and I just thought it was folded over but its really cut, can I have a new one?" And they will give me a new one. Hopefully...
a villian is never a villian in his own eyes.
bsears
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
1040 Posts

Profile of bsears
So, does anyone sell this besides Penguin?

DG - can I order direct from you? I'd love to see my money go strait to ya.
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1438 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Is greed possible with Euro Bills?
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
sibbie
View Profile
Special user
East Coast
525 Posts

Profile of sibbie
Bsears: You can order the Greed manuscript from Lybrary.com but I have not located anyone else with the DVD as of yet.

Memory-Jah: As long as the bills are the same size you can perform Greed with any currency.
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1438 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Lol I knew it. this is so f#cked up. the f#cking euro currency has not equal sized bills. like hundy 500 I cannot perform perfectly great bill effcts or better said: probably some of the best money tricks. this really suxs. I hate our d#mn currency so much. we have no 1-euro bills, unequal sizes, no silver coins....i hope you american people appriciate your great currency, I really envy you for.

:(
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
dg magic
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston , TX.
350 Posts

Profile of dg magic
Why don't you make a "foriegn exchange" type Greed bill.... use different bills from all over the world.

Or you could scan in your currency...then start with a bill... then it fades all the way down to just white paper...and eventually vanishes (getting rid of the gimmick)

just some other ideas

DG
-Truth is made up of two things... FACT... and the ability to believe it-
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1438 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Hi Daniel,

Thank you very much for the great ideas. I really like the fading idea. But using a foreign currency isn't my cup of tea, it doesn't matter if it is for coin routines or anything else. It is just because it looks not normal to people here even if they recognize the currency. Everyone will think: Why don't he uses a normal bill or coin... And from there crazy ideas go through their heads like gimmick, gaff whatsoever. Really a pitty I cannot use the full potential of these great tricks. But the fading idea sounds really nice. If anyone who has toyed around a little with Greed has some more ideas like this, I would like them to hear them.

Jah
getup
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of getup
If anyone still has doubts on whether or not the bank will take them, that's a yes. I took my cut bills and said 'will you exchange these for spendable bills?' they said yes, no questions asked.
Howard Coberly
View Profile
Loyal user
Irvine, California
239 Posts

Profile of Howard Coberly
"Unfortunately, meaning is determined by the receiver of the message, not the sender." (QUOTE)...Jonathan Townsend

This would only be true if the initiator is not good at conveying his exact meaning. The receiver can interpret the meaning how he wishes (correctly or incorrectly) but he cannot determine or change the meaning intended by the initiator. All he can do is to understand it or misunderstand it or ask for clarification.

How many times have we seen this scenario played out on this forum:

Howard: "Jonathan, I really don't care much for that new coin trick of yours"

Jonathan: " Well, Howard, then you must mean that you are a better magician than I am"

-VS-

Howard: "I really love your stuff, Jonathan and I have all your videos. But I just don't care for that one trick."

Jonathan: "Well, you're welcome to your opinion... etc., etc.

The meaning comes completely from the initiator and his/her ability to convey that meaning clearly and concisely. A person who can convey his meaning clearly will leave no room for interpretation in an intelligent conversation on the part of the receiver as to what the initiator actually meant.

"How pregnant sometimes his replies are."

Howard
"Our town used to be more fortunate...not a single winter passed without the visit of some star.
There used to be famous actors and singers, while today, God only knows! Nobody visits except magicians and organ-grinders. No esthetic satisfaction."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Daniel Garcia's "Greed" (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL