We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Daniel Garcia's "Greed" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
bsears
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
1035 Posts

Profile of bsears
Performing for drunk twenty-somethings who are on vaction in Vegas is bound to get you wild reactions, regardless of what routine you do. (Had the demo shown grown men flipping out like that in a Red Lobster somewhere in Iowa, I'd be jumping right onto this bandwagon). Smile
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4282 Posts

Profile of Daegs
I agree with bsears...

Also, as I mentioned in another greed thread, the US policy says you can get a new bill if you have 51% of the old bill, serial numbers or not(according to past Café post AFAIK this is right).

So, without speculating on method, if it involves cutting 1/4 or 1/8 of a bill up, you should be able to recover the the larger parts of those bills at any bank.

I don't know what the law is in canada, but you should still be able to recover some of the money this way...
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5355 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Quote:
On 2006-04-23 19:15, Daegs wrote:
the US law says you can get a new bill if you have 51% of the old bill, serial numbers or not

Very good news, indeed! Thanks Daegs!
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1841 Posts

Profile of Platt
Those reactions were ridiculous. They definitely were not actors. If they were, they were not good ones. Because nobody acts like that. I almost felt bad for Daniel at some point. These kids were either putting him on or so poorly trained to look excited it was pathetic. It's a sweet trick. And DG looks great performing it. But people just don't react like that over and over again. At some point it wasn't even reactions. It was just hyper acting induced by nothing (except a camera and a lot of booze.) A little editing would have gone a long way.

None-the-less, the trick looks nice and you can't take anything away from Daniel for the kids in the video. As for ending dirty, personally, I can't stand it. Audience management? Maybe as a working pro. Performing for friends and family- Good luck. Even Daryl, a fantastic performer, makes a big stink about how he tries at all costs to avoid tricks where he doesn't end clean.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1664 Posts

Profile of mystre71
At this past Magi-fest in Ohio. John carney performed his coin in bottle routine.After the routine was over he ask for a show of hands for anyone who knew where the real quarter was. No one raised their hand. Carney slowly turned his left hand around to show he had been holding out the entire time. Guilt will give you away before method.

I've seen Danny perform Greed and it kills. If you're worried about ending clean, Curtis has a great idea a few post above.

Best,
Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7292 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I too agree with the ending clean. I have never really worried about that aspect. If the hand is dirty, its dirty. Perform as if there is nothing there and no one will think differently. IMHO
Mike.Shots
View Profile
Regular user
Terrell
199 Posts

Profile of Mike.Shots
I've been performing the original greed from the manuscript for a while, and it's awesome. It took me two tries to get a good gimmick, but it's awesome.

I'll probably buy the DVD just to add it to the Library, and because the Bill to Coin change looks a lot better on the DVD than it is explained in the text.

Edit: Penguin finally got some cool muzac, that blues guitar was nice.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26929 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I am not gonna get into any fray about magician oriented concerns.

Instead, after watching the video I can offer a "bravo" to DG for his idea and routining.

As Curtis Kam pointed out earlier, two quarters gets you a clean ending. And an amused audience.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7292 Posts

Profile of paisa23
After watching the Demo again, as far as the audience goes. To those that perform on the spot at bars or where people are disoriented, you will get reactions like that if you are excepted like one of them.

Now if Dan was there in a suit and playing the Classy Magician those reactions believe it or not would have been different. I cant remember how many time I have performed Hundy 500 at a bar or street where there are a lot of drunk people and I have gotten reactions like that every time To the point where I felt I might have gotten attacked for the Bills LOL.

The only other thing that I could say at this semi defence(I don't THINK HE SHOULD HAVE TOO, TO EACH THERE OWN) but when people see cameras they act different. A lot of time people want to be in the scene so what better way then to yell louder at an effect? But I have truly gotten responses like that with similar and other effects. Just My 50 cent Piece.
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2365 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Quote:
On 2006-04-23 17:25, bsears wrote:
Performing for drunk twenty-somethings who are on vaction in Vegas is bound to get you wild reactions, regardless of what routine you do. (Had the demo shown grown men flipping out like that in a Red Lobster somewhere in Iowa, I'd be jumping right onto this bandwagon). Smile

Hey Daniel,
I like your material and your effects. In your post I don't think you needed to use the word accused. I was writing my post a bit tongue in cheek. Did I really think you (or penguin) hired actors? No. Of course not. It was a joke. I did however think it was a possibility that the spectators were encouraged to give big reactions for the cameras. I guess what bsears said in the post I quoted above is probably more the case at hand. No offense to you but I have very little respect or trust for your business partner Penguin Magic. I think they have been accused of much worse things than hiring actors. (some of those worse things probably being true.)

I think your greed gimmick is a very good idea, and never said it was bad. I mentioned many pros and cons of your effect and the $100 bill switch. I believe I am allowed to have an opinion and post it, positive or negative on this forum. As I mentioned above, what I posted was a joke. Your highly defensive reaction was not. I feel as an inventor that releases a product to the market you have to realize that not everyone is going to love your product. I think the review to the effect itself (not the demo) was fair. Please don't fall into that catergory of magic inventors that feels they have to post and defend themselves everytime someone has a different opinion.

Best,

Paul
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26929 Posts

Quote:
On 2006-04-23 21:04, paso8396 wrote:...I was writing my post a bit tongue in cheek....

The meaning of a statement is the response it elicits.
FCpreacher
View Profile
Elite user
PA
439 Posts

Profile of FCpreacher
No, actually, the meaning of a statement is in the intention of the author.

FC
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26929 Posts

Quote:
On 2006-04-23 21:51, FCpreacher wrote:
No, actually, the meaning of a statement is in the intention of the author.

FC

Unfortunately, meaning is determined by the receiver of the message, not the sender.

The road to he*l... and all that.
sqn816
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of sqn816
This is a great routine. I've perform this for very hard audiences and after the first changed there hooked. As far as the end goes, I've never been caught. And now that I finally get to see the demo, it took long enough man! =), I've got to go back and see if the end phase is the way Daniel taught it thru the manuscript, because it is very visual. Oh this will cost you $7.00 or you should make 50cents each time, which ever way you want to look at it.

Daniel, the clip with the 25 cent piece in the restaurant, that was funny.

Again great routine, what else is coming out this year for you?
knickz4lyfe20
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of knickz4lyfe20
Where could I buy the greed manuscript? is it available as a pdf download somewhere?
sqn816
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of sqn816
I bought it off his site which is currently down. but I recommend the dvd, knowing how daniel teaches, I bet that it'll be worth it. and at $20 now, get it before its $30!
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5355 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Quote:
On 2006-04-23 22:41, knickz4lyfe20 wrote:
Where could I buy the greed manuscript? is it available as a pdf download somewhere?

It is available from Lybrary.com, along with a few other Garcia manuscripts. Good price and an instant download.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7292 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Get the notes, I have them BUT If you have never gotten one of Daniels DVDs I suggest you either do what I did and get both or go for the DVD. The man is really good at making sure you get what you paid for. I mean his Shade, Torn and Project all have really good explanations. All you need to bring is practice.
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1077 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
Would it be better to go for Greed or the Infinity Switch?
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7292 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Greed all the way, I bought Infinity and nah choose never to do it. Greed is more visually stunning believe it or not.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Daniel Garcia's "Greed" (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL