The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Daniel Garcia's "Greed" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Book Mage
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of Book Mage
Quote:
On 2006-06-02 18:44, Brian Proctor wrote:
Oops. I didn't know it was coming out on the 13th. I thought that Penguin would have it ready to ship by the 26th. My bad.
Brian

It was supposed to be recieved and shipped on May 26th. However, a delay happened (something with the DVD replicator company or whatever) and now penguin magic says that preorders are to continue and that it will now be shipped hopefully when it arrives at penguinmagic on June 12th.

Since the preordering has been extended the preorder price is still good.
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Rock on! I thought I was gonna miss out on that good price.
delgadil
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of delgadil
I bought the manuscript and was disappointed with the scanty info on how to do the final coin switch. I don't always perform with long sleeves so I was looking for other ways to handle the finale.

The manuscript invites the purchaser to email Daniel for a performance clip. He never responded to any of my repeated email requests. (The clip on Penguin
hardly qualifies as a performance clip IMO -- it doesn't show the effect
from start to finish and instead focuses on the spectators).

Is there a performance clip of this effect anywhere that shows what the spectator sees from start to finish?

Debating whether or not to purchase the DVD...

Kevin
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Looks good.
djc89
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of djc89
Quote:
On 2006-06-07 15:46, delgadil wrote:
I bought the manuscript and was disappointed with the scanty info on how to do the final coin switch. I don't always perform with long sleeves so I was looking for other ways to handle the finale.

I've been practicing simply keep the coin behind the bill while doing the entire routine, sliding it along to different parts of the bill to keep it hidden. It's an ounce of extra practice...but that's it really, an ounce. It's not much harder to do than normal.
phase27
View Profile
Loyal user
Tx
228 Posts

Profile of phase27
Quote:
On 2006-06-07 15:46, delgadil wrote:

The manuscript invites the purchaser to email Daniel for a performance clip. He never responded to any of my repeated email requests. (The clip on Penguin
hardly qualifies as a performance clip IMO -- it doesn't show the effect
from start to finish and instead focuses on the spectators).

Is there a performance clip of this effect anywhere that shows what the spectator sees from start to finish?

Debating whether or not to purchase the DVD...

Kevin

When I am not wearing long sleeves I just put the coin in a CP and it works fine. The only bad part is you cant show your hands as cleany but it still works. I never thought about sliding the coin around. I will have to try that out.
"Life is only as good as the memories we make..." -K.Roe
bsears
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
1040 Posts

Profile of bsears
Are all the dealers going to be carrying this or is it "exclusive" to any dealer(s)?
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
It's available now...Right? ..
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
scaress
View Profile
Veteran user
salt lake city
337 Posts

Profile of scaress
Think it got pushed back to the 12th.
Book Mage
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of Book Mage
Well, penguinmagic officially has greed at it's warehouses and is shipping it to the customers.

This means that the pre-order price is gone, and the GREED DVD is now $29.95 again.
doodler
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of doodler
About that greed thing. First of all I'm not a fan of street magic reactions. I cant stand kids jumping and screaming, one trying to outdo the other with a reaction. I would much prefer seeing greed or hundy 500
performed in a classy cocktail hour setting. I once did a cocktail hour and while I was taking a break
standing at the bar, someone came over to me and said "your very good with your hands", that meant more to me than jumping fake reactions.
I received the greed CD today. They did a great job on the making of the bill and performance. I thing its a great effect. Ill prpbably change it a bit. How about making the left side of the bill just like the right with a
five & 100 or 50 or 20. This way you have three changes just like the first. 1 to 5 to 100. Don't think you need
the 4th change and its much more visual seeing half the bill. Just a thought.
BooRadley
View Profile
Regular user
Houston Area
176 Posts

Profile of BooRadley
I think you're on to something there Doodler. That sounds like a good idea! Not sure of the construction, but I tend to agree about the fourth change. I just called Penguin to order, but they have indeed raised the price to $29.95...so maybe I'll wait for it to show up here or on Ebay. Or maybe I won't be able to control myself and I'll have to call Penguin back. Or maybe I can hook up with fellow-Houstonian Daniel Garcia himself and work something out.

BooRadley
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Hi Doodler,

Just got the DVD in the mail from Penguin (I pre-ordered), popped it on and watched a few minutes but will go over it more carefully tonight at home. (One gripe: it's a drag that the there are no sub-menus to take you to the different phases of the routine in case you just want to over one element of the handling.)

Which are you referring to as the "fourth switch"? The bill-to-coin? So you're suggesting that the first switch is essentially repeated, i.e., there are two switches involving half the bill? Or are you suggesting getting rid of what is in the routine now as the 10 to 20?
doodler
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of doodler
Im saying make the left side for example: 5/20 just like the right 5/1
Now do the first change to a 5, turn bill around still seeing full half 5 instead of a quarter of the bill,
then do the first switchagain which will show a full half of a 20 or whaterver Then just fold the bill in eighths all you see is the 20
then do coin switch. I hope I'm clear on that. What this eliminates is the final smaller change of the 10 to 20
which I feel this not needed. I feel the 10 to 20 is too small for some spectators to see. the Original is great too. I just like the visual first change better and this handling lets you show the 3 changes larger. I'm probably not too clear on this but I think you'll figure it out
dg magic
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston , TX.
350 Posts

Profile of dg magic
Hey Doodler...i know EXACTLY what your saying... and as a matter of fact.... that was how greed started.... BUT I believe your missing the beauty of the effect... I think your missing what all the top pro's including Bob Kohler...Chris Kenner...and many others enjoyed about the effect:

- the fact that the routine is constructed to take ALL heat off of a gimmicked bill... AND still get a great reaction from it ...all by using an emotion

When I first started experimenting with greed...i had half bills, quarter bills, whole bills...everything you could think of... but NONE of it made sence until I thought about it like this.

What a better way to get a spectator involved then by using his own emotion AGAINST himself. Why not escalate in increments so that all hopes are set on a "BIG" finally...then increasing the reaction of that finally by using a play on words BUT still delivering EXACTLY what you told them or "what they asked for". AND USING THAT MOMENT to YOUR advantage by ending with a CLEAN, examinable prop. that's what made the trick for me. I understand that by folding the bill smaller you lose visibility...but this is a close up trick... AND if you don't fold the bill you lose the built in conviser of showing a WHOLE BILL changed EACH time..that how the trick is constructed... For the spectator to complete a picture that YOU give him peices of.

I thank you for your kind words about the DVD...i just wanted to let you know that the effect is constructed the way it is ...for a reason.

thanks again,

Daniel Garcia
-Truth is made up of two things... FACT... and the ability to believe it-
WITT11
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of WITT11
I don't care what any one els says, I think that trick is amazing. I give thanks to DG for makeing the DVD and selling it to people like me. Thanks a lot DG, your great, keep doing what you are doing.
doodler
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of doodler
DG
After comparing both ways, I do believe your way is better and I see your point. The only problem I have now,
is my new tens have a pinkish tint and next to the new twentys there is quite a color difference.
which is what made me go with 1 less change. I guess I'll have to search for older tens & twentys.
After my first trial run the person in front was really amazed, didn't see anything, the person to my left said I had more than 1 bill but still was amazed, In the mirror I was amazed.
Effect is great, dvd is great.
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Anybody got any simple bill switch recommendations to start the effect for those of us who aren't into the "thanks for the dollar!" switch? (I can see that working for strangers, but it feels off for friends and family.) Am not wild about having to fold the bill all the way down to the size needed for many bill switches before starting the effect.

By the way, while I do find it annoying that (at least on my DVD) the chapter segmenting stops after the "how to make the gimmick" section, there are a lot of other very positive things about the DVD, including a rather cool and helpful changing dollar bill logo that appears throughout the construction phase.
G. Batson
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of G. Batson
Awesome DVD. Very clear instructions. ALL angles, ALL work covered in EVERY detail. Great work DG.

What's the deal with the "Are You Ready?" line? I thought that 'belongs' to Criss Angel.

G.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Daniel Garcia's "Greed" (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL