The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » D'Lite - can you remember? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

anytime
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
51 Posts

Profile of anytime
Dear all,

Please see if you can remember which magician had performed D'Lite with the song Somewhere out There. I am sure I had watched such a thing but can't remember who did the act. Please help! Thank you very much!

With best regards,

Anytime
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I don't know that answer, but I know I saw a D'Lite effect maybe 20-30 years ago with the FISM winning duo from Alma Ata, Russia. Sara Kabagunina and Sultangali Shukrov. Flip and I stood there in tears at the end of the act, it was so beautiful... One of the most artistic and amazing acts I have ever seen in magic.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
anytime
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
51 Posts

Profile of anytime
Dear Pete,

Thank you very much for your kind reply (it is strange that no other reply has been received for this post). However, did the song Somewhere Out There appear 20-30 years ago? I am sure this song and D'Lite appeared together in my memory.

Best regards,

anytime
MagiCol
View Profile
Special user
Dargaville, New Zealand
929 Posts

Profile of MagiCol
The song is from the movie An American Tail (1986) and the lyrics are to be found at http://www.ronstadt-linda.com/mousemovie.htm

However, that isn't 20-30 years ago, so maybe it was used later in this movie.
The presentation makes the magic.
MagiCol
View Profile
Special user
Dargaville, New Zealand
929 Posts

Profile of MagiCol
This site looks to have different lyrics to a song of the same name:
http://www.lyrics007.com/Our%20Lady%20Pe......ics.html
The presentation makes the magic.
anytime
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
51 Posts

Profile of anytime
Hello, sch,

Well, you're right, Somewhere Out There is the theme song of An American Tail, and I love the children version very much! What I still remember is: a magician using D'Lite and this song as background music. It looked like he placed the red light in a glass, closed it, and the music stopped, but the music continued when the red light appeared again.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » D'Lite - can you remember? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL