The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Silver Clock - can you remember? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

anytime
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
51 Posts

Profile of anytime
Dear all,

Can any one of your please tell me which magician had performed the act of many silver clocks? It seems to be a familiar act but I also can't remember about it. Thank you so much!

With best regards,

Anytime
Luke Sherratt
View Profile
Loyal user
The Isle Of Wight, England
246 Posts

Profile of Luke Sherratt
I think it was Richard Ross, Iam not 100 percent, but I am more or less sure. Originally it was Robert Houdin. A number of people have used them; Paul Daniels, Harry Blackstone, Richard Ross and many, many more. Hope I helped in some way.

Luke
We're 106 miles from Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses
anytime
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
51 Posts

Profile of anytime
Hello, Luke, thank you very much for your kind reply. I wonder if I had seen it from my DVDs, but don't have enough spirit (not time) to check them one by one. I will try your suggestion accordingly. Thank you once again.

Best regards,

Anytime
magic_man204
View Profile
Veteran user
north idaho
350 Posts

Profile of magic_man204
It was Richard Ross that you're probably thinking of. His act was really good.
anytime
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
51 Posts

Profile of anytime
Hello magic_man204, thank you for your kind reply too. Richard Ross' linking ring routine is famous, but I can't find anything related to his "clock magic".
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2006-04-25 21:26, magic_man204 wrote:
It was Richard Ross that you're probably thinking of. His act was really good.

Richard Ross produced giant or large pocket watches as well as regular-size ones on chains. Clocks are more of the large kind that sit on a table or desk.

There was a magician I heard of in Pennsylvania that had a clock act. That is all I can remember. I never have seen a magician do a clock act in my lifetime.
anytime
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
51 Posts

Profile of anytime
Hello wmhegbli, thank you so much for your kind reply.

Well, for all of you who replied to my post, I have found Richard Ross' name finally in my DVDs. However, the image in my memory is silver clock (or watch?) without chain. Richard's act is similar to the image but not the exact one. Please see if any kind magician can give me some hints again. Thank you once again.

Best regards,

anytime
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I know you are from Hong Kong, but in English there is a difference between "clock" and "watch". Watch usually means a wrist watch or a pocket watch. Clocks are larger such as these: http://www.morrisseymagic.com/nest.htm#nest
magic_man204
View Profile
Veteran user
north idaho
350 Posts

Profile of magic_man204
There is a video you can download.

Here you go.

http://media.putfile.com/tamos
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
I use the nested clocks mentioned above. Awesome effect.
Daniel Faith
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2006-04-28 21:19, magic_man204 wrote:
Here you go.

http://media.putfile.com/tamos

This magician is producing tables. not clocks.
anytime
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
51 Posts

Profile of anytime
Dear all,

Thank you very much for your kind help!

First of all, I must correct my question as "silver WATCH" but not clock, as I have discovered that a clock is larger than a watch. Thank you, wmhegbli!

By the way, it seems that the magician is producing tables and flowers but not watches or clocks. Am I clicking a wrong link? magic_man204, could you please tell me why? Thank you.

Best regards,

anytime
anytime
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
51 Posts

Profile of anytime
Hello! I just discover something looks like the one in my memory: "Super 2006 Magic Watches".

With best regards,

anytime
anytime
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
51 Posts

Profile of anytime
Dear all who had replied to me,

I have just discovered the exact props in my memory, for your interest (and for my record too), thank you.

Multiplying Pocket Watch - Deluxe
===========================
An Old-Time Classic is BACK! SIX Watches Appear! Remove a large pocket watch from your pants. In an instant and second watch magically appears at your fingertips. Again a third watch instantly appears, followed by a forth, fifth and sixth watch. As each watch is produced it is hung from the fingertips for a wondrous display.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
That sounds like a commercial item made by Tora Magic. A pair of black gloves comes with the jumbo watches.

Randy Stewart, a Café member has this on his web site. He does it very well for no formal training. Contact him for site information to see his presentation.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Silver Clock - can you remember? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL