The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » New Busking Pouch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Robert Kohler
View Profile
Special user
Fayetteville, Arkansas
520 Posts

Profile of Robert Kohler
A softball?
We judge ourselves by our intentions - others judge us by our actions.....
<BR>
<BR>B. Wilson
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13411 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
A cantelope would fit just fine. So does a coconut and a softball. I use a coconut becuase they last forever and make a great thunk!

You'd have lots of room to spare.

Frank
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
Coconuts do NOT last forever Frank...I had one for about a month or so and then dropped it. When it hit the concrete it split in half and was kinda black and smelly on the inside...rotten coconut juice fly everywhere, it got on my nice shoes and black slacks.

It was horrible, almost as bad as the rubberbands on my wrist...they were ruined after that! Smile

johnny
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13411 Posts

I've had my coconut for at least 2 years not. When I shake it, I hear somehting in there and it doesn't sound too fresh. Smile

p.s. I'm hoping to have more pictures of the new Deluxe Busker's Pouch very soon.
Some new improvements and an additional feature or 2.

Frank
ttorres
View Profile
Special user
Rock Hill, SC
513 Posts

Profile of ttorres
I just ordered mine and can hardly wait to receive it.
...the magic that creates Memories!
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13411 Posts

Your pouch is on the way. Enjoy!
I think I only have 2 left now. I regular black and a stubby black.
ShawnB
View Profile
Special user
721 Posts

Profile of ShawnB
I actually had great success this weekend using Franks Pouch with the Gazzo Routine.

I was able to fit 6 large oranges and a very large spaghetti squash.

A melon is too big, but if you shop around you can find something that will work well in the produce isle.

I will post photo's later tonight.

Shawn.
Shawn.
curlyclimber222
View Profile
New user
NJ
16 Posts

Profile of curlyclimber222
Quote:
On 2007-04-23 22:05, ShawnB wrote:
I actually had great success this weekend using Franks Pouch with the Gazzo Routine.

I was able to fit 6 large oranges and a very large spaghetti squash.

A melon is too big, but if you shop around you can find something that will work well in the produce isle.

I will post photo's later tonight.

Shawn.

I don't busk (yet) but when I am practicing this is exactly what I use with Frank's pouch. The squash is small enough to fit in the pouch. When I tried a melon there was a tiny bulge in the front. Nothing that anybody would notice unless they knew that it was there. I did not feel comfortable with it so I switched to the squash and now the bulge is gone.

Frank, Thanks for making such a great pouch. This is the first one that I have ever purchased and I must say that it fits my needs perfectly.

Ben Winter
ttorres
View Profile
Special user
Rock Hill, SC
513 Posts

Profile of ttorres
My Buskers Pouch arrived today (man, that was fast). I have to say that it far exceeded my expectations. The pictures on Franks web site in no way does it justice. Until you have one of these pouches in front of you, you just can’t appreciate its dead on design and feel. This is without a doubt my best purchase this year. Highly recommended.

Tony
...the magic that creates Memories!
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13411 Posts

Thanks Tony.
I just received the latest batch of pouches.
I have an equal number of the new deluxe pouches, most of which are 2-tone, and then the regular pouches.
I'll put up some pix later this evening.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13411 Posts

The first batch of Deluxe Busker's pouches are done.
I just added them to my website.
A few changes have been made, heavier leather and stitching,
engraved logo, lined inside and out, and several 2-tone options available.
I hope you like them.

http://www.theambitiouscard.com/aitem.cfm?itemid=70
hansjotten
View Profile
New user
Seattle, WA
6 Posts

Profile of hansjotten
Frank,

I'm a full-time student and am not currently employed, but I just purchased one of your Busker Poaches and based that decision mostly from the positive feedback left for you on this site. I am quite eager to see the craftsmanship your supporters talk about.

All the best,
Hans
"My mind is the key that sets me free."
--Houdini
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
Quote:
On 2007-08-18 01:08, hansjotten wrote:
Frank,

I'm a full-time student and am not currently employed, but I just purchased one of your Busker Poaches and based that decision mostly from the positive feedback left for you on this site. I am quite eager to see the craftsmanship your supporters talk about.

All the best,
Hans

Hans, I have one of Frank's pouches and will tell you that the quality is over the top!! I took Gazzo's class and used one of Gazzo's pouches but Frank's is better than Gazzo's. Not only is the quality excellent Frank also always makes sure that you get more than you paid for. He goes out of his way to amke sure that the customer is happy.

Peter
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
DevynS
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of DevynS
I'm hoping to get the new deluxe version of this pouch when the all black model comes back in stock.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13411 Posts

We do have some all black ones in stock now.

And for those unsure about diving into the busking pool, our new inexpensive "street pouch" is also available now. So you don't have to spend a lot of money to get a very usable, inexpensive, professional looking pouch.

Thanks for the nice comments.
DevynS
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of DevynS
Thanks Frank.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Frank,
What's the size of your half-dyed silks? Thanks.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13411 Posts

My half dyed silks are 15".
hansjotten
View Profile
New user
Seattle, WA
6 Posts

Profile of hansjotten
Frank...the pouch I received from you is AWESOME!!!!

Rugged, durable, and technically superlative. This is one helluva pouch. I can't wait to kick ass down at Pike Place Market in Seattle, WA. I'm in Iowa right now1, as I performed at a wedding, good tips let me tell you...I've managed to pay for my entire trip out here. Heading back to Seattle tomorrow.

By the way, Frank, if any of the magicians down at the market ask where I got my pouch I will direct them to you. You have a dynamite product my man....it's probably the most durable piece of gear I own!

I have nothing but great things to say about it. Thank you...thank you...thank you.

The only thing left now....is total world conquest.

All the best,
Hanz
"My mind is the key that sets me free."
--Houdini
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3206 Posts

Profile of gaddy
It occurs to me that I have yet to write (yet another!) glowing review of Frank's Deluxe model Gibicere here. I've been using it for a few weeks now and It's improved my show so much it's hard to even put it into words. Suffice to say the old adage that a performer cannot afford to use cheap equipment is SOooo true!

After using my homemade job for a little while, and getting more and more frustrated as time wore on, I was finally able to justify buying such an expensive prop (hey, 200$ is 200$...)
But the value of this pouch FAR exceeds the the price tag.
The pouch suggested so many more possibilities than I had imagined- I ended up revamping most of my other kit as well; a new costume, a new table (and a big thanks to Bill Palmer for the info on his table which inspired mine) and a few new routines that hide completely concealed within the confines of the pouch that I can either take or leave out of my show depending on my whims!

In short, I love this item and I cannot recommend it highly enough to someone who needs something like this!
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » New Busking Pouch (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL