The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Wayne Rogers- Unique Dancing Hanky movie live! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Hi Guys-

The following is a live clip from top Magician/Illusionist/Inventor Wayne Rogers, who for years has had one of the best dancing hanky routines that can be done virtually with the audience on 3 sides!! Even surrounded!

Wayne is well-known for his appearing pole technology, ladder from suitcase, hatstand from briefcase etc.

Hope you enjoy!

http://www.nzmagic.com/dancinghank.wmv

-Brent
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Very nice handling of a great prop. A lot of energy in his perfromance. A full routine with a beginning, a middle, and an end! Just as it should be!
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Some of it is terrific... BUT... my feeling is "can you get rid of the cloth a la zombie?" I just PERSONALLY don't like that image... maybe you can use only the moves with your jacket and the box or a bag???
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2006-04-26 14:52, Pete Biro wrote:
Some of it is terrific... BUT... my feeling is "can you get rid of the cloth a la zombie?" I just PERSONALLY don't like that image... maybe you can use only the moves with your jacket and the box or a bag???

Why?? The trick is as it is. He was not trying to 're-invent the wheel', but to make a very little-used piece of magic equipment useful.

Yes, you can get rid of the cloth, but then he would be told that the late Harry Blacksone or Jr. did it better.

To use only the bits in the box would be useless as I see it! The box 'bit' goes futher to disprove many of the possible solutions.

I think it is a wonderful routine and deserves applause for his hard work and ingenuity!!
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
Beautiful performance! The real value in learning this routine would be in adapting the DW gimmick so that it can be performed surrounded.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Note: I said "personally". That means if I were to do it I would prefer to NOT use the cloth a la zombie... that's just my way of thinking.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Thanks for the comments guys-Im sure Wayne will appreciate it all!!

Wayne does sell the instructions to create this. Very reasonable, from memory, and will send a PDF to you with photos etc. on how to adapt the gimmick to do this effect surrounded!! Very easy to do!

Contact him by website or e-mail if you're interested.

http://www.nzmagic.com

chicane@nzmagic.com
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Wayne is such a nice guy. He did share this with me a few years ago. It is only now that I see him peform this. His version can be performed surrounded.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Wayne Rogers- Unique Dancing Hanky movie live! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL