The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Penn & Teller's "Off The Deep End" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chase
View Profile
New user
Arkansas
98 Posts

Profile of Chase
Anybody pick up a copy of this DVD of their last special? Came out this week. Was a little disappointed in it when it aired on NBC, but after reading Teller's in depth interview in Genii, I am anxious to watch it again. Anyone know what extra features/deleted segments are included?
juan king
View Profile
Regular user
Spanish
171 Posts

Profile of juan king
Ha ha. These guys is very funny now. One is big and the other is so small and they are making funny magic all the time. In Spain there is a lot of magicicians liking Penn and Teller and I think that someone tried to copy them once and then got into the trouble when they were watched by some magicians. Ha Ha.
Think not what magic can do for you, but what you can do for magic.
Baggins
View Profile
Regular user
london
148 Posts

Profile of Baggins
I like off the deep end. My fave bit is aaron carter singing.
kryptonite76
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of kryptonite76
Bilbo?
jwebyra
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
140 Posts

Profile of jwebyra
The exrras were a couple of routines that were not aired which were a trick in which they turn sea water into regular drinking water and a trick in which a tan line moves up Penn's arm. It also includes the extended underwater rountine in which Teller produces scarves, a "bird", etc. The DVD extrras also have a biography of Penn & Teller. I couldn't wait to see the whole thing because N.B.C. J.I.P. because of N.A.S.C.AR. last November.

Ron
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
I initially didn't like watching it on tv, but I still bought the video and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Phil C
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
904 Posts

Profile of Phil C
Hi

I have heard bad reviews of this video, like it sounds like a promotional device for the Atlantis resort. Is this true?

Is it a magic DVD? Or something similar to Bull***t

Thanks
teevtee
View Profile
Inner circle
1548 Posts

Profile of teevtee
It is a magic DVD, nothing at all like B.S. It is a magic performance DVD.
It certainly has MASSIVE promotional tie ins with Atlantis. Now whether it was made literaly as a promotion for them is up for debate. Rather I think it was a symbiotic type of deal... they both helped each other and promoted each other.

It is one of the weaker Penn and Teller performances that I have seen but I still reccomend it. If you enjoy P&T you will find enough to like about this. The end (I mean the very, very end) is very funny. It is AMAZING how many people actually debate what is an absolutley absurd and ridiculous ending (intentionally so). In a way the entire special is a build up for the pay off in the last few seconds of the show (you will see what I mean).

P&T "reveal" each trick as they go along and this ties in to the ending. Of course the reveals are nothing more than exposing the obvious so it is not really a traditional magic show by any means (thank God).

If you want pure, great magic this is NOT for you, on the other hand if you want some fun, off beat and different magic check it out.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Penn & Teller's "Off The Deep End" (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL