The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Inviso Torch not working (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mergardmagic
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of mergardmagic
Hey
I purchased Inviso Torch about 2 months ago, and during that time have sent it back to the store I got it from twice. This third one still isn't working. I don't know if it's me, or what, but this is getting annoying. I don't know if you can help me out because of exposure, but just wondering.

Sean
CasualSoul
View Profile
Special user
Edmonton, Canada
541 Posts

Profile of CasualSoul
I would send an e-mail to Jim Pace directly describing the problem you are having. Every post I've read on here by Jim leads me to believe he's a great guy that cares about his products and customers.

http://www.jimpacemagic.com
"Open their mind by performing the impossible"
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
I had the same problem. The dealer said they would replace it..I just haven't had the time to send it back yet.

But you aren't alone.

Jim is a good guy from what I hear so Casual is right in that area.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11912 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Can anyone vouch for a reliable Inviso Torch ?
swtrocks
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
206 Posts

Profile of swtrocks
My Inviso Torch works fine, apart from the plastic that holds the flint in place popping out from time to time. What do you mean when you say it doesn't work?

From my experiences with Jim, he's a good guy and returns emails promptly.

Steven
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
Well mine just never lit. The dealer said I got a malfunctioning one....who knows.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
haywire
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
760 Posts

Profile of haywire
The flint/strikers in mine would pop apart all the time. I replaced it with a metal kinda flint wheel and striker from a burnt beyond use fire wallet, works great now.

Seems to be a common problem, I was buying them way too much till I figured out this fix, and I have used this one for months now. Also interestingly, it ALWAYS lights on the first strike now.

The problem I suppose is that you really need a strong push on that plastic wheel to get it to ignite well, that wears it out rather quickly.

If your interested in replacing yours like I did mine, you can find a metal type on most fire wallets, or on one of those "FLASH SILK VANISHERS"

Look around for a used one and just rip out the wheel/stem flash making part, it fits nicely on an invisio torch and can be held strongly in place with some gorilla glue and I finished mine off with shrink wrap...

I love the product but I was breaking way too many of them. I beleive I bought something like 8 of them (plus a few of the knockoff inferno units which had the same problem) before figuring out this fix.

Those newer plastic parted lighter tops just can't stand up to the rigors of constant use as well as the old school all metal part ones can.

Steven
magicguy67
View Profile
Loyal user
mEL.fLORIDA
287 Posts

Profile of magicguy67
Mine wont start either becuase the flint instnt sparking.Also its hard to egt started.
they thought it was impossible until they met me.

theres no reality in magic

did the magician come before the assistant or the other way around.
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1726 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Did you open the valve before you tried it? It is shipped with the main valve closed, then you turn it 2 times to open.
I thought mine wasn't working either, now I love it!
Gwyd
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
I've never had that much trouble with the two of mine.
Well, one now.. I lost the other one.

Jim recommends putting a little electrical tape on the bottom of the tab where you replace the flints, just to make sure it doesn't get knocked loose when the thing snaps back.
It may help to change the wheel too, but the wheels and flints in mine have always been good, that may be a more recent development ?

It was the Sparkle Flash I had that had a crappy wheel, I just swapped it out with a better one from a disposable lighter - problem solved.
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
swtrocks
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
206 Posts

Profile of swtrocks
Have you tried replacing the flint? I put one of those Zippo flints on my Inviso Torch and it creates a BIG spark upon spinning the flint wheel. However, if you push the flint too high, it'll wear out very fast, so you should set the spring-activated-plastic-that-holds-the-flint-in-place to the lower notch.
MagicMan93
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of MagicMan93
Listen to GSIDHE (three comments above mine). Mine didn't work forever, but I felt like an idiot not trying to losen the valve! JUST LOOSEN THE VALVE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank youvery much gsidhe. your a life saver!
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1726 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Welcome!!
Gwyd
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
Quote:
On 2006-08-17 23:45, MagicMan93 wrote:
Listen to GSIDHE (three comments above mine). Mine didn't work forever, but I felt like an idiot not trying to losen the valve! JUST LOOSEN THE VALVE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank youvery much gsidhe. your a life saver!

As well you should have..
Read the darn directions, people, sheesh.. Invisotorch comes with the directions that you must do that first.
I'm not too keen on the notion that somebody bought and is using a fire effect and can't be bothered to read two small paragraphs worth of instructions.
:firedevil:
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
Tony Chapparo
View Profile
Special user
Albuquerque, NM
705 Posts

Profile of Tony Chapparo
Inviso torch rocks! Well... after I replaced the flint it does.

The flints that come with it wear out quickly, but it's not too hard to replace them with a metal one.
Tony Chapparo
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Inviso Torch not working (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.32 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL