We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Homemade Zombie (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5370 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Bill Abbott also gives his workshop notes on "THE THING" away at no cost.

https://billabbottmagic.com/collections/......otes-pdf
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
FrankFindley
View Profile
Special user
593 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2006, Marvello wrote:
Doees anyone have any ideas where to get a suitable zombie ball for not much $?

Search for a 4 to 6 inch Northlight Shatterproof Christmas Ball Ornament. Matte ones can be used directly. Glitter ones need to have a spray of clear coat so they don't shed glitter.

http://www.amazon.com/Northlight-Splendo......1M3XVN0S
http://www.amazon.com/Northlight-Hologra......6Y6Q61JC
http://www.amazon.com/Northlight-Turquoi......1M4QM0TU

Another very cheap option is to do the floating candle. Simply take a cardboard tube, put a tea candle in end, and wrap it in wax paper. Start by lighting it, float it lit with silk in front, blow it out, and have it float under silk. You can make a double just out of candle and wax paper and vanish it ala wand shell. Great for Halloween, Harry Potter, and other themed shows.
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1374 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Hi Marvello, I admire your spunk and diy spirit. I misunderstood you, kind of, when you said you were looking for making a toilet float. Then I realized you were just looking to use the float. But what if you made a toilet float?You would be the only magician in the world. Plus with a pretty girl on it. It could be something that could start a Vegas Act. hehe.

But I want to encourage you because that idea of making something, for magic, often can be a somewhat tiring road, but ..... THE REWARDS CAN BE GREAT!!! KEEP IT UP!!!!
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1941 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Make a two finger control, it gives much more control and doesn't strain your hand as much.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22923 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I ran across toilet bowl floats that are copper color foam.

Just visit some stores to find them, they are very cheap as well.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11164 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
A good source for plastic balls is Dollar Tree. When they start stocking Christmas stuff, grab a few. You can't beat the price.

Regarding the toilet float, it is my understanding, based on stories told by older magicians, whether true or not, that Joe Karson invented the Zombie by playing around with a toilet float and a bath towel. I heard that it started as a joke when he came out of a bathroom and did it to fool other magicians who were there.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Russo
View Profile
Special user
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
938 Posts

Profile of Russo
Did they have Toilets then ? Not an outhouse??
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11164 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Karson patented the Zombie in 1940. Side valve flush toilets have been around for more than 100 years.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Homemade Zombie (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL